You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shouting out what cards you have in the chatbox in an allin, allowed?

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
If you shove allin, then chatbox "99", "JJ" or whatever....(wheter it be true or not)

Is it frowned up,blatently not allowed  or all part of the fun ?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    if there is just 2 people in the hand then personally i think its ok. One thing that annoys me is when there is people still to act and someone says what they are folding... Lets say there has been a raise, and now I 3bet shove my AA then someone tanks and says in the chatbox they are folding JJ that annoys me as it changes the thoughts of everyone else who is still to act.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Shouting out what cards you have in the chatbox in an allin, allowed?:
    if there is just 2 people in the hand then personally i think its ok. One thing that annoys me is when there is people still to act and someone says what they are folding... Lets say there has been a raise, and now I 3bet shove my AA then someone tanks and says in the chatbox they are folding JJ that annoys me as it changes the thoughts of everyone else who is still to act.
    Posted by jordz16

Ok thanks, this calling out isnt so bad then, it was done for fun and without ill intent.

Thanks for input.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Shouting out what cards you have in the chatbox in an allin, allowed?:
    In Response to Re: Shouting out what cards you have in the chatbox in an allin, allowed? : Ok thanks, this calling out isnt so bad then, it was done for fun and without ill intent. Thanks for input.
    Posted by mumsie

I don't think that by the letter of the law that it breaks any rules. But IMO it's playing with fire. All it would take is for someone to suspect (wrongfully I may add) something, then report, then it's under investigation, then it's upto whoever is dealing with it. All unecessary IMO. 
  • edited November 2015
    Do it live and you are breaking tournament rules, but oddly only if you are telling the truth.

Some sites restrict chat as soon as a player is all-in which makes sense to me.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Shouting out what cards you have in the chatbox in an allin, allowed? : I don't think that by the letter of the law that it breaks any rules. But IMO it's playing with fire. All it would take is for someone to suspect (wrongfully I may add) something, then report, then it's under investigation, then it's upto whoever is dealing with it. All unecessary IMO. 
    Posted by yuranASSet

After reading this, i looked up FAQ, I see your point. Its probably not a smart move, i could back fire.

Chat

Our chat facility is designed to enhance your enjoyment of the Sky Poker experience. It gives you a chance to communicate with other players and have a few laughs. Please only use English to communicate, as this is the designated language of the public chat facility. Don't use offensive or abusive language whilst chatting - nobody likes it and we won't tolerate it.

We also ask that you don't chat about the current hand in any way which might give an advantage to other players. This could put some people at a disadvantage, and that simply isn't fair.

When nearing the end of a sateillite tournament and the prizes are approaching, please do not discuss table strategies with other players. This could be classed as collusion.