You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can I put this on my cv

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Just entered a bounty hunter and there was only two runners after an epic battle I lucked quads and took it down now I know it's not UKOPS but does this still count as a tournament win or do I stop running around the living room 

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Congratulations on the MTT win, however I think you will find that HU SNGs are much better rake wise than 2 seater MTTs.

e.g £2.10 v £2.30
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can I put this on my cv:
    Congratulations on the MTT win, however I think you will find that HU SNGs are much better rake wise than 2 seater MTTs. e.g £2.10 v £2.30
    Posted by Phantom66
    You will need to forgive me but I am not up to speed yet I know SNGs are sit and go but what is Hu 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can I put this on my cv : You will need to forgive me but I am not up to speed yet I know SNGs are sit and go but what is Hu 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Doh it's OK  I see it's heads up lol 
  • edited November 2015
    Have u stopped running round the room yet
  • edited November 2015
    Have u stopped running round the room yet
    Posted by stuarty117
    Sure have its nit easy when you only got one leg lol
  • edited November 2015

Well done chap, a win is a win, & it sounds to me like you are enjoying your poker.
  • edited November 2015
    Well done chap, a win is a win, & it sounds to me like you are enjoying your poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay this is the best thing to happen to me for ages I lost my leg below the knee in an accident at work 25th 11 2014 and I was starting to vegetate watching homes under the hammer and other mind numbing nonsense now I have something to look forward too the anticipation  my play can only get better and the players are friendly and there is so much more than the poker it's great thanks
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can I put this on my cv : Tikay this is the best thing to happen to me for ages I lost my leg below the knee in an accident at work 25th 11 2014 and I was starting to vegetate watching homes under the hammer and other mind numbing nonsense now I have something to look forward too the anticipation  my play can only get better and the players are friendly and there is so much more than the poker it's great thanks
    Posted by weecheez1
    Well I never, what a story.

I actually know a lot of people who, pardon the pun, use poker as a sort of life crutch, because they have some form of illness or disability. We hear plenty of bad about poker, & poker people, but there are positives, too.

Poker is also a great game for those who carry the burden of others in their family who they care for because they are unwell - parents, spouse, children etc., it gives them a break so they can relax, whilst still being there to care for their loved ones.

This may sound a little ghoulish - perhaps it is - but if it's not too personal, or painful to explain, how did the accident come about?

And to bring a touch of black humour to the whole thing, will you mark the occasion in some way next Wednesday, a sort of "anniversary"?

Ignore me if it's too personal. If someone wants to tell me how their A-K lost to 9-3, I could not give a monkeys, but I love seeing how people cope with adversity - real adversity, not a bad night at the tables. 

PS - Many congrats on winning Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 affair. One of the nicest comps on this site, & that's a real CV headliner. Well done.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can I put this on my cv : Well I never, what a story. I actually know a lot of people who, pardon the pun, use poker as a sort of life crutch, because they have some form of illness or disability. We hear plenty of bad about poker, & poker people, but there are positives, too. Poker is also a great game for those who carry the burden of others in their family who they care for because they are unwell - parents, spouse, children etc., it gives them a break so they can relax, whilst still being there to care for their loved ones.   This may sound a little ghoulish - perhaps it is - but if it's not too personal, or painful to explain, how did the accident come about? And to bring a touch of black humour to the whole thing, will you mark the occasion in some way next Wednesday, a sort of "anniversary"? Ignore me if it's too personal. If someone wants to tell me how their A-K lost to 9-3, I could not give a monkeys, but I love seeing how people cope with adversity - real adversity, not a bad night at the tables.  PS - Many congrats on winning Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 affair. One of the nicest comps on this site, & that's a real CV headliner. Well done.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay well here goes somethings have to be left out for legal mumbo jumbo
    I worked in the rail industry for ten years and I loved it the work,the banter everything
    We were working on Scotlands maybe even Britain's largest rail project in years and my job was to stockpile concrete sleepers along the 35mile route using a large machine we had laid out about 100 000 and only almost reached the end the machine I was working with dropped a g47 sleeper and it fell on to the back of my leg 
    Now the human body is wonderful it hurt but it was not sore if that makes sense I ended up in Edinburgh royal and when I woke some bleeder had made off with it you can't leave anything lying about he he 
    I was fitted with a prosthetic leg and the people that deal with me both the physios and Hazel the limb fitter are amazing people they just seem to know when you need a wee push or a joke and I can't thank them enough 
    It's not all wine and Roses but it could have been much worse (both legs or my spine) and all you have  to do is look at France 
    As for the anniversary well I have that covered I am going to search out the trolls on the site and donk  bet them with 7 2 off all night
    I am blessed with a beautiful wife and three lovely daughters and the compensation when it comes will take care off them 
    It sounds really silly but you can't change what happened so just make the best off it and get on with living life 
    I always loved a game of brag but steered clear of technology now I have more time and the gift of a tablet for my 50th the world is my oyster
    BRING ON THE TROLLS
  • edited November 2015

^^^^

Wow, that's a great story, & a tremendous attitude.

And in a sad footnote, would it surprise you to know that I'm quite familiar with railway sleepers? I preferred timber sleepers, they give a much better ride imo, & that creosote smell mixed with engine oil is gorgeous. Also, when I was in business, if I had a £1 for every second-hand railway sleeper I had sold, I'd be a very rich man indeed. 

I even know what a G44 & an EG47 concrete sleeper is, though I'm not familiar with a G47. Proper sad, that. 

Keep up the good run in the poker. If we can enjoy ourselves, & not lose any money, it's the greatest freeroll ever.  
  • edited November 2015
    Unlike Tikay I have no idea what a G44 sleeper is.
    What I do know is that the forum will all the better for having you as a part of it.

• edited November 2015
    Unlike Tikay I have no idea what a G44 sleeper is. What I do know is that the forum will all the better for having you as a part of it.
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks but I can't help but think I have just opened a giant can of worms he he he 
  • edited November 2015
    ^^^^ Wow, that's a great story, & a tremendous attitude. And in a sad footnote, would it surprise you to know that I'm quite familiar with railway sleepers? I preferred timber sleepers, they give a much better ride imo, & that creosote smell mixed with engine oil is gorgeous. Also, when I was in business, if I had a £1 for every second-hand railway sleeper I had sold, I'd be a very rich man indeed.    I even know what a G44 & an EG47 concrete sleeper is, though I'm not familiar with a G47. Proper sad, that.  Keep up the good run in the poker. If we can enjoy ourselves, & not lose any money, it's the greatest freeroll ever.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah yes my mistake it was in fact an EG47 and I will enjoy every minute life's good
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can I put this on my cv : Ah yes my mistake it was in fact an EG47 and I will enjoy every minute life's good
    Posted by weecheez1
    BOOMIO.

Thought as much.

If I ever sit down to compose a list of my Top Ten Favourite Railway Sleepers, the EG47 will be top five deffo, maybe top three.

We could discuss these all day, but I'd best press on.

• edited November 2015
    Good afternoon Weecheez.
    Excellent news on you winning the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, just sorry i was not able to participate, but my shift is interfering with my poker.
    Love your attitude towards poker and life, and hope to join you on the tables soon.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET.
  • edited November 2015
    Good afternoon Weecheez. Excellent news on you winning the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, just sorry i was not able to participate, but my shift is interfering with my poker. Love your attitude towards poker and life, and hope to join you on the tables soon. All the best. Rainman397. P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET.
    Posted by rainman397
    Thanks rainman397 as defending champion I will be at the £2.20@2.20 DEEPSTACK
  • edited November 2015
    Keep up the good work, loving the attitude to life and poker. Have you tried the £2 Deepstack at 7.15pm, that's my fav alongside the DTD games on Mondays, great banter. 
  • edited November 2015
    Keep up the good work, loving the attitude to life and poker. Have you tried the £2 Deepstack at 7.15pm, that's my fav alongside the DTD games on Mondays, great banter. 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Might have a peek but it clashes with the freeroll and I can only do one at a time on my tablet