You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Most important statistic for tracking MTT improvement?

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Pretty much as the title says, I was wondering what the most important trackable statistic is for people playing MTT's, is it just profit? ROI? cash-win %?, £ per hour?, or anything else?, i had a quick look online in a few threads and the opinions seemed to differ quite a lot so was curious as to what everyones opinions were

Comments

• edited November 2015
    ROI imo.

Granted you need big samples but all stats are meaningless without big samples.

Fwiw, it's key to break it down into different games imo. Your overall ROI might be 20% which is good but that might be a 40% ROI in £11 comps and 8% ROI in £55 comps, obv 8% is still ok but it'll tell you that you got some room to improve.

If you are a SS member its easy to break it down by stakes. I can do it for you if you aint a member.
  • edited November 2015

just for you jordan.....
    year         2015                       now
    10 11 12 13 14 J F M A M J J A S O N D

2 4 5 4 8 8 5 4 6 8 9 5 10     8

• edited November 2015
    Well tgat and hourly rate but they kind of interlink. Like you might win more $$$ per hour playing a softer $30 comp than a tough $50 comp and obv swings ate smaller in smaller comps so if you could only play one it would be the $30
  • edited November 2015
    I think hourly is the key one as poker is in a job for you and we want to be earning the most from the time we spend playing. There is a number of factors to get there if your trying to track improvement. It is obviously linked to ROI which is key but if you are 1 tabling with a high ROI your hourly wont be great. As lambo said we want to be breaking this down between buy in levels to ensure we maximise hourly. Given the nature of MTT payouts when you go deep you need to be converting a decent % so % of FTs won is important to keep an eye on. Working out optimum table count is also important to maximise hourly.

• edited November 2015
    Cheers for the input lads, I guess i should start keeping track of how many hours I am putting in each week! I agree about % of cash to win and FT to win that was one of my big goals for this year. I will have a look at my ROI at different levels later on
  • edited November 2015
    I should add while I say hourly is key I dont track it or have a clue what mine is apart from roughly working it out when someone asked once. 
  • edited November 2015
    yeah i wouldnt have a clue what mine is right now, also what is of higher importance, average ROI or total ROI?
  • edited November 2015
    Average ROI, it takes into account the difference in buy ins between tournaments. 

say you play 4 x £1 DYM, and lose

then 1 x £100 dym and win

your ROI will be close to 100%. because you have invested £104 and got back £200

Your average ROI would be -80%, because you lost 4/5 DYMS.