You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE" tournament?

Just random idea for tournament in the coming weeks! It's not a particularly serious suggestion because I know Sky do great work for us so I'm not being unappreciative but thought it would be fun if, in the days leading up to or on the day itself, there could be tournament(s) running for those who don't have anyone special to spend the day with (I'm free if you're wondering LML) or those who do but would rather play poker instead haha! 

Anyway how about small freeroll tournament(s) inspired by Bounty Hounter/Heads Up where the prize pool (say maximum 500 people) gets split and put 100% on the players head rather than 75/25 - there's no money for finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc so it would be encourage people to go all out for people's head rather than laddering...imagine the carnage! Obviously it's not great for poker enthusiasts (myself included) but it would be something different and to be taken in the good nature we saw in the "Snowball" tournaments in December and currently seeing in TKO!

If all else fails, we could have Heads Up tournament like we've seen recently with only 1st and 2nd sharing the prize or if these suggestions are too difficult to implement/not popular, there could just be usual Bounty Hunter format! Hope this doesn't sound too cheeky but thought I'd throw it out there and see if there was any takers...

Comments

• edited January 2010
    If i had my own way, anything to do with Valentine's Day in my honest opinion should be banned full stop aswell as Christmas lol!....... :)

My bessie mate's birthday falls on Valentine's Day and he hates it with a passion! :)
  • edited February 2010
    deffo think that st. valentine's day should be massacred. i tell my wife every day that i love her, and really don't need a card to do it for me. Totally agree with this suggestion, although when she sees this post i'll probably be sleeping in the shed.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: "VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE" tournament?:
    deffo think that st. valentine's day should be massacred. i tell my wife every day that i love her, and really don't need a card to do it for me. Totally agree with this suggestion, although when she sees this post i'll probably be sleeping in the shed.
    Posted by labrat64
    You really think you'll get the luxury of the shed???? lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: "VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE" tournament?:
    Posted by labrat64

Sleeping in the shed!!! If only i had one he would be in it like a shot. The things is men have double standards, we have to put up with "just a card for my birthday will mean so much" then the birthday comes and you get " didnt get alot did i" mmm me thinks theres gonna be trouble brewing lol