You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker points - do they really benefit any of us as much as they perhaps could?

Hi Everyone,
this is my first post so don't abuse me too much!
over the past 10-12 month I have continued to amass poker points and have a balance of around 15,000
based on the fact that I work during the day and only play poker on evenings I have no use for them except for the regular 7pm freeroll hence why my stash continues to increase and I'm not getting rid of them. I think it is safe to say I will never use what I have.
could sky not introduce rewards based on longer term achievements to reward us loyal customers?
a bonus at each milestone - maybe 1,000, 50000, 10,000, 15,000 etc
doesn't need to be cash maybe the bonus could be a main event entry for 10,000 points maybe to celebrate the achievement.
if you only play a few hours in the evening but reach 10,000 pts over a 6 month period you are clearly still contributing to the sites coffers!
I'm sure some of you probably have 10 times what I have earned so perhaps you will feel the same as I do.
regards

Woody

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Hi woody.

Some of the sky staff are ill at the moment and we have been told that they read these posts but dont have the time to reply.

So let me tell you.

There are 4 or more small tournies a day that you can use up 10 points per tournie . 1.00 am 7.00am 10.00 am 12.00 noon 14.00 am.

Im posting all the above from memory so maybe ive got some of it wrong.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: poker points - do they really benefit any of us as much as they perhaps could?:
    Hi woody. Some of the sky staff are ill at the moment and we have been told that they read these posts but dont have the time to reply. So let me tell you. There are 4 or more small tournies a day that you can use up 10 points per tournie . 1.00 am 7.00am 10.00 am 12.00 noon 14.00 am. Im posting all the above from memory so maybe ive got some of it wrong.
    Posted by mumsie
    Hi Mumsie,
    thanks for taking the time to read & reply to my post.
    I never gave a thought to the freerolls late at night.
    sadly none of those fit in with the free time I have once work & family time has been allocated.
    but I do still genuinely think that a player who gets to a milestone of 10,000 or 25,000 points should get a reward of some sort. even if it was a tournament token or a deposit bonus perhaps.

I have played or looked at most other uk poker sites. and all-in-all sky seem to still be the best. banking is good. number of tournaments is good.
    one thing I do miss is the 10 seat DYM. :) 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to poker points - do they really benefit any of us as much as they perhaps could?:
    Hi Everyone, this is my first post so don't abuse me too much! over the past 10-12 month I have continued to amass poker points and have a balance of around 15,000 based on the fact that I work during the day and only play poker on evenings I have no use for them except for the regular 7pm freeroll hence why my stash continues to increase and I'm not getting rid of them. I think it is safe to say I will never use what I have. could sky not introduce rewards based on longer term achievements to reward us loyal customers? a bonus at each milestone - maybe 1,000, 50000, 10,000, 15,000 etc doesn't need to be cash maybe the bonus could be a main event entry for 10,000 points maybe to celebrate the achievement. if you only play a few hours in the evening but reach 10,000 pts over a 6 month period you are clearly still contributing to the sites coffers! I'm sure some of you probably have 10 times what I have earned so perhaps you will feel the same as I do. regards Woody
    Posted by The_Ruiner

Hi mate...good to see you posting on the forum.

Good points made but unfortunately they will fall on deaf ears. It has been a long on going issue of 'dead' poker points being amassed over the years, by the players who have been on here for a while. I myself have nearly 50k. 

Sky Poker did a one off promotion thing a few years back where you could use these points to gain entry into a Vegas freeroll. That was well received but there has been nothing since. It would be nice if they could do some more like this for UKPC or UKOPS etc. Even using them as tournament entries would be great.

Hope you get some feed back on this anyway.

....now get back to selling them bearers ;) 

Alan
  • edited December 2015

i have over 130,000 points and have been waiting patiently.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: poker points - do they really benefit any of us as much as they perhaps could?:
    i have over 130,000 points and have been waiting patiently.  
    Posted by aussie09
    I dof my cap to you sir. that is dedication which I can only aspire to
  • edited January 2016
    maybe pay the rake with poker points at x amount say 1,000 to 1p.