You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why can't I win with any decent hand?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cookie1007Small blind £1.50£1.50£138.15
sweeney86Big blind £3.00£4.50£17.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Alvez11Fold    
mickjenn1Fold    
cookie1007Raise £4.50£9.00£133.65
sweeney86Call £3.00£12.00£14.00
Flop

• Q

cookie1007All-in £133.65£145.65£0.00
sweeney86All-in £14.00£159.65£0.00
cookie1007Unmatched bet £119.65£40.00£119.65
cookie1007Show

sweeney86Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

River

cookie1007WinTwo Pairs, 7s and 5s£38.20 £157.85

Comments

• edited November 2015
    This is rhetorical yeah?

I agree. The only reason you lost is because the cards were rigged against you 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Why can't I win with any decent hand?:
    This is rhetorical yeah? I agree. The only reason you lost is because the cards were rigged against you 
    Posted by Jac35
    Totally unhelpful !

Same story with forum regs belittling a new poster.

Offer some advise or leave it to tumbleweed.

Looks like you was playing short on that level, did you loose a big pot before this one or was you not loaded up?

I would be 3 betting pre for sure. Slow playing it pre let's a lot of hands in. After flop just ul - gl  in Future and don't let the forum reg's miss lead you.

Also, if you are posting hands, try asking for help - the title was clearly wrote when the hand was still fresh in your mind and you was still upset. In general, rant posts on here just get mocked - even if you make it clear just ranting. For some unknown reason people just try stir up a fight by trying to rile you.  Your title needs working on :)

Run well
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Why can't I win with any decent hand? : Totally unhelpful ! Same story with forum regs belittling a new poster. Offer some advise or leave it to tumbleweed. Looks like you was playing short on that level, did you loose a big pot before this one or was you not loaded up? I would be 3 betting pre for sure. Slow playing it pre let's a lot of hands in. After flop just ul - gl  in Future and don't let the forum reg's miss lead you. Also, if you are posting hands, try asking for help - the title was clearly wrote when the hand was still fresh in your mind and you was still upset. In general, rant posts on here just get mocked - even if you make it clear just ranting. For some unknown reason people just try stir up a fight by trying to rile you.  Your title needs working on :) Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Not really a new poster as the Opening poster has posted rigged posts in the past

Also looks like it was from the spin up tables. in which case alot of luck is needed to build a stack in these

To the opening poster: 

Try playing the tables with 100 big blinds your money will last longer

Bad beats are part of the game deal with it or take up chess
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Why can't I win with any decent hand? : Totally unhelpful ! Same story with forum regs belittling a new poster. Offer some advise or leave it to tumbleweed. Looks like you was playing short on that level, did you loose a big pot before this one or was you not loaded up? I would be 3 betting pre for sure. Slow playing it pre let's a lot of hands in. After flop just ul - gl  in Future and don't let the forum reg's miss lead you. Also, if you are posting hands, try asking for help - the title was clearly wrote when the hand was still fresh in your mind and you was still upset. In general, rant posts on here just get mocked - even if you make it clear just ranting. For some unknown reason people just try stir up a fight by trying to rile you.  Your title needs working on :) Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Lol 
    I'll give you some advice.
    A mtt that you don't have to pay to enter is called a freeroll.
    A free role is what Georgi Kinkladze used to have for the Mighty Rams

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Why can't I win with any decent hand?:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance cookie1007 Small blind   £1.50 £1.50 £138.15 sweeney86 Big blind   £3.00 £4.50 £17.00   Your hole cards K K       Alvez11 Fold         mickjenn1 Fold         cookie1007 Raise   £4.50 £9.00 £133.65 sweeney86 Call   £3.00 £12.00 £14.00 Flop     Q 5 3       cookie1007 All-in   £133.65 £145.65 £0.00 sweeney86 All-in   £14.00 £159.65 £0.00 cookie1007 Unmatched bet   £119.65 £40.00 £119.65 cookie1007 Show 5 7       sweeney86 Show K K       Turn     7       River     2       cookie1007 Win Two Pairs, 7s and 5s £38.20   £157.85
    Posted by sweeney86
    Now then Mr Sweeney.

In short, you were the architect of your own downfall here. When we slow play K-K - as you chose - what we are doing is increasing the risk, in return for increasing the profit or loss. If we play it "properly" pre, we win most times, but we don't win much. If we slow play, we get the chance to win more, or lose more. We all face these choices. If we slow play, quite simply we increase the risk-reward ratio.

When we make these choices, we have to be able to face the consequences. Blaming anyone or anything else is kidding ourselves. 

I think you may benefit from reading "The Mental Game of Poker". Posts from you include..... 

"Sky Poker gets a lot of stick for being rigged, we all know that. But when theres a "regular" with £70 at a table with a maximum buy-in of £2, that doesn't help the cause does it. Disgusting." 

"Hi, I've found a glitch in your game. It keeps forcing other players to beat me on rivers with the unlikeliest of cards. Can you fix that please? I love Sky Poker even though I never win (because of this glitch obviously). Sort it out and I'll be back, to lose in more realistic ways :P"

"Does anybody know how the player called Donttelmum is able to play at 10+ tables at a time, all day every day? I wouldn't mind if "she" took her time calling/folding etc as a result, but she's faster than everybody else, at EVERY table. Simply not possible in my opinion. There might be a simple explanation but seems a bit dodgy to me.. GL at the tables guys :)"

Some of that stuff, to be honest, is embarrassing. "Donttelmum" is a real person, many of us here know him in real life. He plays 10, 12, 16 tables at a time. Nothing unusual in that, lots of folks do. Strewth, I'm nearing 70 years of age & I comfortably play 6 at a time.  

So when you post stuff like that, I'm afraid you ARE opening yourself up to ridicule. You are.

Read "The Mental Game of Poker", go to the forum "Poker Clinic" where they will advise you if you ask for advice, start a thread "guys, I need a bit of help", or even send me a PM, & I'll try to help.

If you keep sticking up threads like this, however, you are going to get some grief, you just are.

Good luck.

• edited November 2015

These may help, too...

The War on Tilt, Part One,
    HERE

The War on Tilt, Part Two, HERE

Those were written by Barry Carter, who is the Co-Author of "The Mental Game of Poker", which has benefitted tens of thousands of poker players. I've yet to meet anyone who does not say that is a great learning tool. The other co-author was Jared Tendler, who coached several players who made this year's November Nine.

That book costs about £12, & you can buy it in hard copy or a Kindle version. £12 is less than a pull up at the stakes you play. Sounds like a good investment to me.