You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

turbo DYM early luck.

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
The combination of it being both a turbo and a DYM makes me wonder if these are too reliant on luck because as a turbo my chips will soon drain away and as a DYM I know players will be tight so an all in feels more like a risk.

Two days running i've had a 50/50 W/L ratio and due to rake it's costing me.

is this just an unlucky run or could the early luck in these make loss a greater risk due to rake?

Comments

• edited November 2015

Yah I think Mattbates and bawfizzle are the only 2 people in the World who could show a profit at low stakes turbo dyms due to the high rake/low edge.

• edited November 2015
    The room for edge in these games at low stakes will be vast; not as vast as the rake.

Craig, you have a 58.3%  itm in turbo dyms. You crush them.

Yet you are a losing player in them.

Defo stay clear of the sub £1 ones they are a pure rake trap.

Above that they are probably just about beatable, but you may want to invest your time in games with a more player friendly rake pricing.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi Craig

We play each other a lot and you are a good player. I like having you at the table because I know exactly what to expect from you, solid play and no stupid calls.

I actually do think they are more beatable than people think, and often feel I should put more efforts on to them.

Break-even rake is actually ok if you are smarter about things.  For instance, I play almost exclusively DYM's and freerolls on this site and regardless what sharkscope says (I think it will say -8% or so on DYM's but maybe someone who subscribes could check for me, on £2.25 games this year) I make profit.

I am £580 up on sky this year, of which £357 is since august (spiked a decent win on a mtt), The key I find to beating these games for me is to realise that yes I will lose rake, so I can only play them when a promotion is on.  And the promotion has to have a higher +ev than I would lose in rake.

The other key is site selection.  Just as people talk about table selection as being very important, I find site selection the same.  I will be on 4/5 sites at any given time, clearing points to take part in +ev promotions, with sky and 1 other providing £900 of my £1300 profit this year.    

I guess it depends on why you play.  Do you play for profit or fun.  For me, I play a couple of hours in the evenings and am using profit to pay for a wedding in vegas.  I don't have time to put in the effort to become an awesome player that can crush games, I am simply better than average and clever about what I play. 

And for the record, I think you are a much better player, so if you are playing for profit and not making as much as the numbers I have just talked about, you need to change something, whether it be table or site selection.  If you are making more profit or just playing for fun, then anything I said can be ignored :)
    I am happy to talk further about this in pm if you wish. 

See you on the tables.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: turbo DYM early luck.:
    Yah I think Mattbates and bawfizzle are the only 2 people in the World who could show a profit at low stakes turbo dyms due to the high rake/low edge.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Desrick609?
  • edited November 2015
    They are beatable it's just that the strategy you have to employ to beat them is different than in any other game.