You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I mean cmonnnn, can you call???????? really????

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Boonicon Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £50.03
MP33 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £99.43
  Your hole cards

qpr500 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £109.47
readem Call  £2.00 £4.75 £57.21
ICEMANWILL Fold     
Boonicon Call  £1.75 £6.50 £48.28
MP33 Raise  £4.50 £11.00 £94.93
DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.00 £14.00 £106.47
readem Call  £3.00 £17.00 £54.21
Boonicon Call  £3.00 £20.00 £45.28
Flop

Boonicon Check     
MP33 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £13.00 £33.00 £93.47
readem Fold     
Boonicon Fold     
MP33 Raise  £26.00 £59.00 £68.93
DOHHHHHHH Call  £13.00 £72.00 £80.47
Turn

MP33 Bet  £27.00 £99.00 £41.93
DOHHHHHHH All-in  £80.47 £179.47 £0.00
MP33 All-in  £41.93 £221.40 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £11.54 £209.86 £11.54
MP33 Show

DOHHHHHHH Show

River

MP33 Win Two Pairs, 8s and 3s £208.06  £208.06

Comments

• edited January 2010

Looking bak did he have enough behind for me to make him fold? Course he did at NL50!!!!!

What does he think I have????

Ugh thats some call!

DOHH
  • ybyb
    edited January 2010

Unlucky mate, the brave move on the river deserved better. I think if his stack was a bit bigger it would have got through definitely. Something similar happened to me yesterday. By the river i was 95% sure he had the 9, and when the ace came i couldn't resist lol:

sammyg469 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £173.42
    oorallan10 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £84.97
      Your hole cards

-v- Fold     
    yb Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £51.08
    pmcgrath10 Call  £2.00 £4.75 £166.40
    TheStack Fold     
    sammyg469 Fold     
    oorallan10 Call  £1.50 £6.25 £83.47
    Flop

• J
    • J

oorallan10 Bet  £2.50 £8.75 £80.97
    yb Raise  £6.00 £14.75 £45.08
    pmcgrath10 Fold     
    oorallan10 Raise  £7.00 £21.75 £73.97
    yb Call  £3.50 £25.25 £41.58
    Turn

oorallan10 Check     
    yb Bet  £13.50 £38.75 £28.08
    oorallan10 Call  £13.50 £52.25 £60.47
    River

• A

oorallan10 Check     
    yb All-in  £28.08 £80.33 £0.00
    oorallan10 Call  £28.08 £108.41 £32.39
    oorallan10 Show
    • Q

yb Show

oorallan10 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 9s £106.61  £139.00
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: I mean cmonnnn, can you call???????? really????:
    Looking bak did he have enough behind for me to make him fold? Course he did at NL50!!!!! What does he think I have???? Ugh thats some call! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He thinks you have nothing!
  • edited January 2010
    I'm stating the obvious here but he's obviously not given you credit for the 10 or bigger pair so thinks you're on some funky move with over cards considering you just flatted him pre flop! He's committed once he bets on the turn so I'd be laying it down but you'd probably get it through if you moved over the top on the flop...
  • edited January 2010

Its real money here, he has a significant amount behind - he'd be priced in if he had a draw, ie outs....

But he has no outs, well 2, but u cnt draw to 2 outs....

As he has No outs....the price to continue is irelevant, hes either in front or behind. He had 80% of a buy in behind!

Its a stunning call, but how can he make it? wheres the clue? How strong do I look!!! - Wheres the mistake/his clue? - What has he put me on? 7 high???

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Tbh if he thought his 8s were good on the flop nothing came down to make him change his mind thats the way i see it and if i was in that position making that read ie:8s were good on the flop then you have to call on the turn when nothing appears to have changed good luck mate
  • edited January 2010

Can look at it two ways matey. Imo it's a bad call he is beaten by so much. But I don't think you've picked the right time to make a move. I've seen you make some lovely plays and some nice bluffs but you just chose the wrong hand.

You raised it which is fair enough but the guys shown strength but popping it up again. Obviously to some players this doesn't necerssarily mean a massive hand but from my experience at these kind of levels it usually does! You put out a bet on the flop and you get check raised. Im sorry but from what I can see this guys shown you a lot of strength both pre flop and post flop and then again on the turn. So it turns out he didn't have the over pair or the 10 but I don't see what you can put him on that he's not going to call your shove.

I'm giving this up on the flop.

• edited January 2010

You didnt listen to the check raise on the flop, usually if a player does this hes not willing to lay his hand down!

This is what notes are for: 'This player is a non believer'

• edited January 2010
    Two things might have clued him into your bluff...

you flat him pre-flop and then again post-flop...what are you repping here? He's shown some real strength by raising you pre-flop, then again on the flop, and then leading out on the turn. He's basically saying he's got an over-pair. So what are you telling him you have?

Without knowing the hands or the players, I'd think he's got min. QQ from the way the betting went down. I don't put you on KK or AA because you flatted him pre-flop. So all he "should" be losing to is a set or maybe A-3 suited...In either case why would you move all-in?

If I had top pair or JJ, there's no way I'm raising his turn bet (I might even be folding) - so at the end of the day, what are you trying to represent? From the way you're playing the hand, you either have nothing (6-4) or a set and why blow him out off his hand if you've hit your set?

Once he puts $26 on the flop and $27 in on the turn, he's not folding....pick a better spot. I love your heart and courage, but this was a bit "spewy"

what did you think he had? Doesn't he seem really strong to you? Turns out he only 88, but if he's got an overpair, he's never folding....obviously.
  • edited January 2010
    tbh dohhhh think people getting reads on u u do that move a lot raising with air better luck next time m8
  • edited January 2010
    God dohhh you played that so bad
  • edited January 2010

I feel I've 'repped' a stronger hand all the way through. I'm not representing having hit anything, or even needed to hit anything.

Suppose it was getting late and I just wanted to 'challenge' myself to outplay him. Got stuffed for my troubles.

Was having abit of a tussle with this fella over the last hour, thought he was a player I could get off a hand by taking him down the streets and asking questions. 

If I were him the call on the flop wud look so strong, as there's no real draws there....(Unless Id opened up with mid connecters and got some freaky str8 draw, which I had! haha)

So how good do his 8's look here?

He then leads £27 into £90, with a significant 42 behind....

I feel I've set it up perfectly, Its such a weak defensive bet. This is time to strike, as I would with AA,KK,QQ here, in this situation, against this opponent. - Every read, all the history tells me he will pass to huge pressure here! So BANG!

Bak to him, the time bar goes down, downnn, downnnnnnnn, (Im pretty confident hes passing here!..) Then at the last second!!! UH oh!

Maybe he thought it through like you guys, and something, somewhere just didnt make sense to him.

Was a V good call tho, wp sir, maybe nxt time I have the nuts ;)

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    The time you have nothing he's a hero

The time he calls u when u have the nuts he's a spewy donk calling station

Take your pick :D
  • edited January 2010

imo, he was the one repping a monster hadn, and you didnt listen to what he was telling you. He was never goingto fold his hand in that pot!

its good 2 make theses moves in your game, but this was not the spot.

just my opinion mate,

gl

• edited February 2010
    Mate, you wanna see some of the junk I get called by... and I have a tight image!
  • edited February 2010
    Hi  Dohhhhh

Like you said "you thought you could push me off the hand. You were right. I do sometimes give that impression which gets me a lot of ppl trying to  bluff me off pots. On this occasion we had been playing a while and my instincts told me this was a bluff.

With so many hands been shown on TV nowadays and ppl making notes the best way I find to play is to mix up my play so I wouldn't say I ,m a tight player or loose. I just go off my insticts and make sure I,m mixing it up. 
    I often get slated for winning some pots as I may make a raise on 45 off suit for example and hit to win. But like I said earlier I play hands differently all the time but my main objective is to mix it up so ppl can't read  me and just play off instict as I did on this occasion

Good luck and i,mn sure you,ll get plenty of chances to get your money back

Paul - aka - MP33
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: I mean cmonnnn, can you call???????? really????:
    [b]I feel I've 'repped' a stronger hand all the way through.[/b]

It doesn't matter how you think you look, it's how it looks to him. You also need a read on a player that they like to fold rather than call down like he did. So maybe you just chose to make the move on the wrong person. I personally wouldn't bet the flop, i'd just try and slide my 4 in on the turn and have him putting it in drawing dead.

Focus more on your thoughts and making notes on your opponents tendencies than complaining that you think you'd fold in his spot. If he played exactly the same as you, you wouldn't be making any money off of him.
  • edited February 2010
    im calling you down aswell dohhhhhhh, mainly because of the notes i have from when weve played before (which i wont say what they are haha) maybe he knew your game