You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Sky - £1k Double Chance Tonight

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
This is the lobby description for the new 7pm comp tonight...

The £1,000 Guaranteed Double Chance. You can take 1 rebuy for 2000 chips any time until the end of level 7. 10 minute blinds, late reg open until the end of levle 7. Good Luck!

I just wanna check how it works because a Double Chance as I know it means that you can rebuy for the starting stack once IF you drop to 0 chips/bust the comp, if it's different that's fine, I just wanted to know before the comp starts. The description doesnt sound like it's a Double Chance as I'd know it, it sounds like you can use 1 rebuy at anytime during late reg so...

1) Can you double stack from hand 1?
2) Can you 'rebuy' at the end of late reg regardless of your stack size (although at that point 2k chips will only be just over 10bb)?

Looks like a good addition to the schedule, looking forward to it.

P.S. there's a small typo :p

P.P.S.  vvv well played on not charging rake on the rebuys, just like in all UKOPS events, can we please have this introduced across all rebuys now like the 2r turbo, Wednesday Main/Mini etc? 

Comments

• edited November 2015
    You can rebuy once in the tournament. You can do this first hand when you bust or any time in the first 7 levels. 

Whether this defines double chance I don't know but that seemed to fit better than anything else. It was between that and £1,000 Guaranteed 1 rebuy at anytime during the first 7 levels :)

P.S - Thanks for pointing out

P.P.S - Leave it with me, I won't promise just yet but rest assured I am looking into all aspects of the Tournament schedule. 
  • edited November 2015

A quick rider to this.

There is of course, to poker players, a big difference between a "Double Chance" & a "Single Rebuy".

It's stuff like this that I'm now able to discuss with the Office, & in future, we'll work together to communicate these things better & avoid unintended misunderstandings.

In the Office, they have always referred to these historically as "Double Chance".

Tonight's affair, for the avoidance of doubt, is what we as poker players would call a Single Rebuy.
  • edited November 2015
    What Tikay said
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - £1k Double Chance Tonight:
    A quick rider to this. There is of course, to poker players, a big difference between a "Double Chance" & a "Single Rebuy".   It's stuff like this that I'm now able to discuss with the Office, & in future, we'll work together to communicate these things better & avoid unintended misunderstandings. In the Office, they have always referred to these historically as "Double Chance". Tonight's affair, for the avoidance of doubt, is what we as poker players would call a Single Rebuy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for clearing that up Tikay - sounds great I will definitey be supporting this tournament whenever I can.