You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament token madness #set the checkbox default to NO

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi Craig lad, when the tokens are credited to your account, 
when you enter a tourny the usual box appears, asking you to confirm the buy in.
But the first tourny you enter after the token has been credited, it ask's you if you want 
to use the token. 
there's a little box to click on with Yes/No. at the moment it is set as default yes 
if you click no then your token is saved, but you have to click no until you want to use it

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)

Comments

• edited November 2015

Why is your tournament token automatically used for the 1st thing you enter?  Mine was used for a 60p DYM, which I certainly did not want to spend £2.30 on.

Also, when the new rewards where announced, and feedback was sought from the players, it was stated that we would be able to save our tokens and use them for big buy in events.  Is this not happening now?

Anyway, a kind lady called Anya from much maligned customer care sorted it out for me.  She deposited £1.70 into my account.

Anya: Hi, you're through to Anya.
    Craig : Hi Anya
    Anya: Hi Craig how can I help?
    Craig : I was playing a 60p DYM, and it seem a tournament token worth £2.30 was used to enter this

Anya: Ive credited the £1.70 difference into your account balance Craig
    Craig : thank you Anya
    Anya: No problem, is there anything else I can help with?
    Craig : no thank you
    Anya: You're welcome, take care and enjoy your eveningf
    Anya: *evening
    Craig : thank you

Fortunately I noticed the token had been used, as I was in my account and noticed a £1 win from a DYM, which was not right, only then did I realise my token must have been used.  How many other people will have used their token and not realised?

Is it not possible to stop these tokens from automatically being used, and allow them to be used by the players as and when they see fit?
  • edited November 2015
    there is an option when u click to register the game to use or not use the token

however i would prefer if the box was automatticaly set to no :/
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament token madness:
    Hi Craig lad, when the tokens are credited to your account,  when you enter a tourny the usual box appears, asking you to confirm the buy in. But the first tourny you enter after the token has been credited, it ask's you if you want  to use the token.  there's a little box to click on with Yes/No. at the moment it is set as default yes  if you click no then your token is saved, but you have to click no until you want to use it Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton

Hi Champ, thanks for the info, I didn't know about this bleedin check box thingy.  I never saw it when I reg'd, so it must be quite small, and why the heck is it set to yes by default?  I mean who in their right mind would use a £2.30 token for a 60p DYM?  Well I did obv.

• edited November 2015
    Hi Craig lad, when the tokens are credited to your account,  when you enter a tourny the usual box appears, asking you to confirm the buy in. But the first tourny you enter after the token has been credited, it ask's you if you want  to use the token.  there's a little box to click on with Yes/No. at the moment it is set as default yes  if you click no then your token is saved, but you have to click no until you want to use it Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    little box,the confirm button is like jupiter compared to the moon size yes/no button
  • edited November 2015
    there is an option when u click to register the game to use or not use the token however i would prefer if the box was automatticaly set to no :/
    Posted by RLT16

This would seem the sensible thing to do, it would save us and customer care a whole lot of time and grief.  Maybe the thinking is that a lot of people won't notice, and use up their tokens, and some, as in my case, at a loss.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament token madness : little box,the confirm button is like jupiter compared to the moon size yes/no button
    Posted by stokefc

Must be small mate, mind you my old failing eyes are not what they used to be.

But in the words of Arsne Wenger

"I did not see it"