You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Black Friday. Really?

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Comments

• edited November 2015

I'll be straight with you, when the Office mentioned their plans for "Black Friday", I had to go google it.

Anyway, here's the coup. 

Right across SB&G, they will be celebrating Black Friday with assorted Promos, Offers & the like.

Sky Poker's contribution?

This Friday - Black Friday - the Guarantee on the 8pm Main Event will be doubled to £20,000.

The entry fee will remain at £33, of course.

No tricks, no gimmicks, nothing up my sleeve, honest guv. Doubled Guarantee to the Friday evening Main, no more, no less.  

• edited November 2015
    As the young kids say super sick, top work sky!!!!
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Black Friday. Really?:
    I don't care if Monday's blue Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too Thursday I don't care about you It's Friday, I'm in love
    Posted by Tikay10
    The Cure no less top band.
  • edited November 2015
    nice one look forward to trying this out, will there be extra satelites? just a thought
  • edited November 2015

That Black Friday jobbie is in the lobby already, with it's £20,000 Guarantee.

There are also NIGHTLY SATELLITES to this starting this evening at 20.45. I am guessing these will run tonight to Thursday inclusive. If it runs on Friday - which they probably will - they'll be earlier of course.

The Satellites cost £7.20, have 5 Guaranteed Seats, & 1 in 5 qualify.  

• edited November 2015

There will also be DIRECT SATELLITES every night, Monday to Thursday inclusive. Probably Friday, too, but await news on that please. 

£7.20 to enter,  12 seat Guaranteed, 1 ion 5 go through.

These will run at 19.15, 20.15, 21.15 & 22.15.

These satellites, & those in my previous post, are already in the Lobby Jobby.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Black Friday. Really?:
    nice one look forward to trying this out, will there be extra satelites? just a thought
    Posted by J_JHNSN
    Yup, by the bucket load, see my previous posts.

Oh, & welcome to the Sky Forum. New to Sky Poker, or just new to the Forum?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Black Friday. Really? : The Cure no less top band.
    Posted by voyuer
    Top band? Not wrong, just like heaven.

Little known fact - I used to appear as Robert Smith in a Cure Tribute Band. Got the frock, mascara, lippie & everything.
  • edited November 2015
    As the grown ups say, that's really rather nice, top work sky
    Posted by MattBates
    Matthew, please.

FYP.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Black Friday. Really? : Matthew, please. FYP.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You seemed to make an error sir and you removed all of the explanation marks!
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Black Friday. Really? : You seemed to make an error sir and you removed all of the exclamation marks
    Posted by MattBates
    Now then, I'm not a fan of grammar pedants, but as you started it, I feel obliged to offer a riposte for your consideration.

Exhibit A 

Three exclamation marks is three too many. In fact one is one too many. You know that & were trolling me. Am I right?

Exhibit B

They are exclamation marks, not explanation marks.

Exhibit C

Have FYP. Again.

Best regards,

Grown Up Bloke.  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Black Friday. Really? : Now then, I'm not a fan of grammar pedants, but as you started it, I feel obliged to offer a riposte for your consideration. Exhibit A   Three exclamation marks is three too many. In fact one is one too many. You know that & were trolling me. Am I right? Exhibit B They are exclamation marks, not explanation marks. Exhibit C Have FYP. Again. Best regards, Grown Up Bloke.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Noted, I will get back to work.
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Great news, well done. 
  • edited November 2015
    That Black Friday jobbie is in the lobby already, with it's £20,000 Guarantee. There are also NIGHTLY SATELLITES to this starting this evening at 20.45. I am guessing these will run tonight to Thursday inclusive. If it runs on Friday - which they probably will - they'll be earlier of course.   The Satellites cost £7.20, have 5 Guaranteed Seats, & 1 in 5 qualify.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    can you get more direct than 7-20, 1/5?
    looking forward to playing this though, as said already, top work sky.
  • edited November 2015
    every time i hear black friday i dont think of that horrible capatilist creation, i think of pokers darkest day in the modern era. 
  • edited November 2015
    Sweet! 

Wp Sky, nice boost to Friday night.
  • edited November 2015
    Managed to bink a seat to this after just losing out the first time and getting some cash for it. So second time lucky. Never played this higher level before but I'm going to enjoy it while ever it lasts and take it as it comes. Hope I manage a few scalps on the way. So much for me taking time off from poker. Good luck all
  • edited November 2015
    Managed to bink a seat to this after just losing out the first time and getting some cash for it. So second time lucky. Never played this higher level before but I'm going to enjoy it while ever it lasts and take it as it comes. Hope I manage a few scalps on the way. So much for me taking time off from poker. Good luck all
    Posted by Darkangel7
    All the best knock em dead gl
  • edited November 2015
    Amazing that sky is running a 20k £33 buy in event, I really hope it reaches its guarantee, WP sky! I'm really enjoying these amendments to the MTT schedule