You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

and the winner is.....

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat

The prestigious EGR Gaming Industry Awards Ceremony took place on Monday evening in London.

There were 4 nominees for the coveted "Mobile Poker Product", or "App" as we usually know it.

The Nominees were.....

PokerStars

Full Tilt

Sky Poker

mFortune

Think that's known as a "small but select field".

What price Sky Poker to win that, would you say?

Comments

• edited November 2015

And the winner was.......

• edited November 2015

In all, there were 25 categories of various Online Gaming Products or services.

Sky Betting & Gaming (SB&G) received the most nominations of any site - 11.

They won 5 awards in total - the most won by any site.

Mobile Operator  - Sky Betting & Gaming

Mobile Sports Product - Sky Bet

Horse Race Betting Operator - Sky Bet

Mobile Poker Product - Sky Poker

Sports Affiliate - Oddschecker

• edited November 2015
    Very Nice sky CONGRATULATIONS :):):) xxx
  • edited November 2015

very well done to you all

• edited November 2015
    Well done to all and well deserved.
  • edited November 2015
    Nice one and well deserved.

Nannypat66
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Well done to all involved, Sky is far from perfect but you guys certainly try hard and are close to your customers. Great effort.
  • edited November 2015
    If I ever get a phone that supports an internet connection then I may get to use it.. in the meantime, well done all involved!

• edited November 2015
    well done sky, 
  • edited November 2015
    Well done sky. We couldnt do it without you, nor you us .
  • edited November 2015
    Congratulations to all of the Sky team :)
  • edited November 2015
    Congrats to the team, very well deserved.

Tikay,

I havent heard of mFortune, are they well known?

Are there a lot of awards within the sector? Is this the equivalent of the Oscars?
  • edited November 2015
    Well done Sky poker bring on 2016!!
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is.....:
    Congrats to the team, very well deserved. Tikay, I havent heard of  mFortune,  are they well known? Are there a lot of awards within the sector? Is this the equivalent of the Oscars?
    Posted by MattBates

I played on Mfortune for a few years. Low miniscule volume traffic. 7 day payout.limp fest atc.
    3 stakes low medium.high. 5 handed  and 8 i think.
    The blinds and buyin amounts are awful. More of a bingo site . Like real bingo. 2 little ducks sort of bingo.
  • edited November 2015
    How did the sky APP beat pokerstars?

I love sky and all but pokertars have one of the most polished apps I have ever seen

** Just realised I have never downloaded the sky app and have just played through the mobile browser
  • edited November 2015
    Congrats to the team, very well deserved. Tikay, I havent heard of  mFortune,  are they well known? Are there a lot of awards within the sector? Is this the equivalent of the Oscars?
    Posted by MattBates
    I confess my total ignorance of them Matt, never heard of them, but Mumsie has replied.

In all, there were 25 categories I believe. If you go to the excellent "Calvin Ayre" website (or simply google "EGR Award Winners, Calvin Ayre") it's all there. Don't think I ought put a link up. I daresay SB&G will have a Press Release somewhere too.

And yes, it's the sort of Online Gaming equivalent of the Oscars. For the Gaming Industry (the Industry, not the players) it's the night of the year. I don't know exactly but I saw a few press Photographs, & from what I can gather, SB&G had all the Serious Suits there, everyone from Richard Flint (he's the Top Top Serious Suit) down. I was getting inundated with texts on the night, as each award was unveiled.

As someone said, Sky Poker are FAR from perfect, we al know that, but they don't half try, & they will continue to try & make - pardon the cheesy slogan - to Make Betting Better.

I was a bit fearful of some negativity to the chirpy thread, but I feel they get their share of negativity, & it'd no harm to show how SB&G, & Sky Poker, are respected in the Industry.

Meanwhile, life goes on, & this morning, I got an advance preview from Dear Sam of the Xmas UKOPS. Should be good, something for everyone. Ish. Details soon.

Punta Cana has just ended, ditto the last UKOPS, Xmas UKOPS & UKPC are on the way, January on Sky Poker will be VERY SPECIAL, & there are a few other things getting near the front of the queue to be announced too.

I'm a bit gushy today, but I'm in my 10th year here, & I get such a buzz from the whole thing, everything from the progress of the Business to helping answer players questions when I can. If only I were 10 - well 20 - years younger, but I'm loving the ride.        

• edited November 2015
    How did the sky APP beat pokerstars? I love sky and all but pokertars have one of the most polished apps I have ever seen ** Just realised I have never downloaded the sky app and have just played through the mobile browser
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Ha, ain't that the thing.

We all have perceptions, sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong. We just assume things, don't we?

I've no idea - apart from what I read in the poker media & forums, how good the 'Stars App is, (I do not currently play on 'Stars for a variety of reasons), but I've only heard good about it.

So whether the Sky Poker App is better I really have no idea. Fair to say though that it must be half decent.

It certainly surprised me, but in a nice way. Love nice surprises, me.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : I confess my total ignorance of them Matt, never heard of them, but Mumsie has replied. In all, there were 25 categories I believe. If you go to the excellent "Calvin Ayre" website (or simply google "EGR Award Winners, Calvin Ayre") it's all there. Don't think I ought put a link up. I daresay SB&G will have a Press Release somewhere too.   And yes, it's the sort of Online Gaming equivalent of the Oscars. For the Gaming Industry (the Industry, not the players) it's the night of the year. I don't know exactly but I saw a few press Photographs, & from what I can gather, SB&G had all the Serious Suits there, everyone from Richard Flint (he's the Top Top Serious Suit) down. I was getting inundated with texts on the night, as each award was unveiled.   As someone said, Sky Poker are FAR from perfect, we al know that, but they don't half try, & they will continue to try & make - pardon the cheesy slogan - to Make Betting Better .   I was a bit fearful of some negativity to the chirpy thread, but I feel they get their share of negativity, & it'd no harm to show how SB&G, & Sky Poker, are respected in the Industry. Meanwhile, life goes on, & this morning, I got an advance preview from Dear Sam of the Xmas UKOPS. Should be good, something for everyone. Ish. Details soon.   Punta Cana has just ended, ditto the last UKOPS, Xmas UKOPS & UKPC are on the way, January on Sky Poker will be VERY SPECIAL, & there are a few other things getting near the front of the queue to be announced too.   I'm a bit gushy today, but I'm in my 10th year here, & I get such a buzz from the whole thing, everything from the progress of the Business to helping answer players questions when I can. If only I were 10 - well 20 - years younger, but I'm loving the ride.          
    Posted by Tikay10
    very well done I am also a bit gushy one year anniversary 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : very well done I am also a bit gushy one year anniversary 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Ahh yes, so it is.

For those not in the loop, Weechez has an anniversary today - it's exactly one year since, err, well, he had his leg "reduced in length".

Happy Anniversary.

Not an expression I like to use with regard to poker people very often, if at all - but I think you qualify as a leg-end.  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : Ahh yes, so it is. For those not in the loop, Weechez has an anniversary today - it's exactly one year since, err, well, he had his leg "reduced in length". Happy Anniversary. Not an expression I like to use with regard to poker people very often, if at all - but I think you qualify as a leg-end.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol  still standing life has a funny way of balancing things out and all in all I am one off the luckiest people I know he he he
  • edited November 2015
    I was a bit fearful of some negativity to the chirpy thread.

Allow me!!!!

Congratulations on having an app that isn't available to the vast majority of player phones or tablets.

I'm not one to have a moan usually but I don't mind giving a gentle reminder.
  • edited November 2015
    I was a bit fearful of some negativity to the chirpy thread. Allow me!!!! Congratulations on having an app that isn't available to the vast majority of player phones or tablets. I'm not one to have a moan usually but I don't mind giving a gentle reminder.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Ah, at last, some balance.

Fingers crossed, your comment will be addressed asap.

I'm not at all up on Apps, so I'm whistling in the dark a bit. I have exactly 2 of them - Sky Poker, & Flight Radar 24. That's it. I've no idea how they work though.   

• edited November 2015
    All things in moderation Tikay.

Seriously, congratulations to SB&G on the awards.

But the android app is long overdue.

Flight Radar 24- is that the one that tracks Santa Claus around the world on Christmas Eve as he delivers all the presents?

:)
  • edited November 2015
    let me start by saying congratulation  for all the awards. and that overall im very happy with sky poker and its my site of choice when on desktop.

but.. ( there's always a but)

for your app to win best app is nothing short of bewildering in my eyes as dragon said its not available on a lot of phones/tablets. you are unable to multi table and its buggy will freeze often (this may just be me but this is my experience with it to date)

The positive is that the lobbies are set up better than any other app i have tried but once you get to grasp with the lobbies elsewhere its hard to see how  anyone could consider sky's app to be superior.
  • edited November 2015
    let me start by saying congratulation  for all the awards. and that overall im very happy with sky poker and its my site of choice when on desktop. but.. ( there's always a but) for your app to win best app is nothing short of bewildering in my eyes as dragon said its not available on a lot of phones/tablets. you are unable to multi table and its buggy will freeze often (this may just be me but this is my experience with it to date) The positive is that the lobbies are set up better than any other app i have tried but once you get to grasp with the lobbies elsewhere its hard to see how  anyone could consider sky's app to be superior.
    Posted by RLT16
    As those football Managers so often say, it's all about opinions, isn't it?

I'd imagine SB&G are chuffed to bits, but what they value far more than Awards is happy & loyal customers, and an increasing number of them - that's what really matters. Trophies don't get listed in the Balance Sheet.   
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : As those football Managers so often say, it's all about opinions, isn't it? I'd imagine SB&G are chuffed to bits, but what they value far more than Awards is happy & loyal customers, and an increasing number of them - that's what really matters. Trophies don't get listed in the Balance Sheet.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I consider myself among them even if I am only small fry.

I am particularly enjoying* the PLO8 DYMs at the minute

*exceptions apply, grrrrrrrrr.
  • edited November 2015
    Congratulations Sky.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : As those football Managers so often say, it's all about opinions, isn't it? I'd imagine SB&G are chuffed to bits, but what they value far more than Awards is happy & loyal customers, and an increasing number of them - that's what really matters. Trophies don't get listed in the Balance Sheet.   
    Posted by Tikay10

if it helps i rate your app higher than i rate mclaren ;)
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : I consider myself among them even if I am only small fry. I am particularly enjoying* the PLO8 DYMs at the minute *exceptions apply, grrrrrrrrr.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Been racking my brains all night to think who that might be.

MacacGirl, am I right?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: and the winner is..... : if it helps i rate your app higher than i rate mclaren ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    ZING