You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

open rebuy period before 1st hand?

anyway u can do this ^^

its quite annoyingn having to chose between playing the 1st hand or being able to rebuy 

Comments

• edited November 2015
    +1 and whilst your at it  please put auto addon boxes in. Missed the add on today AGAIN. Means less money for sky surely if people are missing adding on? It should not be too difficult too implement. It actually puts me off playing rebuys as i'll miss the add on at least 30% of the time which makes it not worth playing. Yeah I know I should keep track better, but its very easy to miss when 7out of your 8 tables are still in play.
  • edited November 2015
    think they already plan to add the auto add on.

also think it will keep getting pushed down the pecking order, cos there will always be a higher priority job that makes a bigger difference to sky's bottom line.

im hoping opening the rebuy period is just a simple tweak to some settings though, or we'll be waiting a while for this too no doubt :(
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to open rebuy period before 1st hand?:
    anyway u can do this ^^ its quite annoyingn having to chose between playing the 1st hand or being able to rebuy 
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Morning Mr Melt.

Bit of an odd one that, the short answer is that - at present - there is a software limitation, in that, as of now, the software needs the MTT to run for one second - literally - before the rebuy functionality kicks in.

I asked the question of Super Sam, & he tells me he will be putting this forward for consideration, & it's likely to get a green light, though probably not wise to give a timeframe at the moment.  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: open rebuy period before 1st hand?:
    +1 and whilst your at it  please put auto addon boxes in. Missed the add on today AGAIN. Means less money for sky surely if people are missing adding on? It should not be too difficult too implement. It actually puts me off playing rebuys as i'll miss the add on at least 30% of the time which makes it not worth playing. Yeah I know I should keep track better, but its very easy to miss when 7out of your 8 tables are still in play.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Morning Groggy.

Similar answer to the one above, with one crucial difference - this one has an extra step in the process, as it first needs to get approval from the "Compliance" team. In fact that process has begun, but once Compliance approve, it then goes into another set of processes, & has to establish it's place in the queue.

It will happen, but, as with the other question, I don't think it's wise to give dates, I've been bitten too many times by that one.

• edited November 2015

A quick overview of the process of these things. I only have a basic knowledge of how they get sorted, but from my distant vantage point, it seems to work something like this..........

1) Many things need the nod from "Compliance" first. In Online Gaming, "Compliance" is God. If they say no, then that's it. So until they have made a ruling, nothing gets done. 

2) Then the Poker Team assess the viability, need, & priority. They have to balance customer journey with commercial logic.

3) If it gets past that step, it goes to the Development Team, or "Tribe", & they have a very full inbox, with all sorts needing constant tweaking, removing or adding. So a "priority list" exists.

4) Once the software functionality has been constructed, it gets tested in the Test Environment. The Test Environment is invisible to players, but is part of the site itself.

5) Now, not in all cases, but in many cases, it needs approval from the Regulator. Any tweaks to the basics of the site need approval from the Regulator.  

6) Any of these changes which go on the App - & most do - then need to be submitted to Apple, who do their own testing &, all being well, then give approval. 

Many little tweaks can be done almost instantly, but changes to basic functionality are a bit of a three act play.

• edited November 2015
    thanks TK.

alot of cogs need to turn in the background!
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for the replies Tikay, who'd have thought adding a box would be so  complicated and time consuming.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: open rebuy period before 1st hand?:
    Thanks for the replies Tikay, who'd have thought adding a box would be so  complicated and time consuming.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Agreed, im going to stop asking  or hinting at things, it causes all these people all this trouble.