You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another moral dilemma

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Playing in a timed tournament 30 minutes I built up a decent stack with about five minutes to go every time it was my turn to act I let the clock run down I eventually finished 5th and made a Decent profit was I right to use the clock in this way 

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Yes great tactic especially as blinds eat up your profit
  • edited November 2015

Perfectly within your rights to do so, so morally it's fine. 

As far as maximising your ROI on the tournament goes, I would argue this is the incorrect strategy until the very last moments when stalling to avoid paying the blinds again would be correct (I'd have guessed). 
  • edited November 2015

perefectly ok.

ps  another strategy with a similar outcome is not to enter in the first place.

• edited November 2015
    although if you are very obviously using up your clock and then folding for some time - it is a very good time to stick in a bluff because everyone will assume you just picked up aces.
  • edited November 2015
    Just for the sake of balance

This is an abominable act , how could you be thinking like this this so near to Christmas with Europe on the brink of war.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Another moral dilemma:
    Playing in a timed tournament 30 minutes I built up a decent stack with about five minutes to go every time it was my turn to act I let the clock run down I eventually finished 5th and made a Decent profit was I right to use the clock in this way 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Hi Wew,

That depends how you would feel if the roles were reversed.

Probably worth remembering do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Another moral dilemma:
    In Response to Another moral dilemma : Hi Wew, That depends how you would feel if the roles were reversed. Probably worth remembering do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very true my conscious  is clear a lot of players use the clock when multi tabling  
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Another moral dilemma:
    Just for the sake of balance This is an abominable act , how could you be thinking like this this so near to Christmas with Europe on the brink of war.
    Posted by mumsie
    I feel really strange now might be guilt or might just be wind just to be on the safe side I will take some galviscon and give the salvation army lady 2 pound the next time I see her