You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Sky Box Office

edited January 2016 in Priority
Hi hopefully someone on the priority team can answer this. 

A few years back, priority players where given free access to sky box office events such as boxing etc. Is that still available?

Cheers 

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Hi mate.

No - this must have been quite a while ago, because I can't remember it being offered. 

I do quite like the concept though, so will be looking into it. Unfortunately, this won't be sorted by Saturday night!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Box Office:
    Hi mate. No - this must have been quite a while ago, because I can't remember it being offered.  I do quite like the concept though, so will be looking into it. Unfortunately, this won't be sorted by Saturday night!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Thanks JP not sure about other priority players, but it would be a good perk imo to have access to pay per view sky box office sporting events.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I defintely think priority should mean more in terms of Sky as a whole, e.g give free or money off actual SKY bill/get access to sky...

With it now being so much more difficult to reach the 50k points per month (20% rb) I feel Skypoker should offer more to Priorty members. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I defintely think priority should mean more in terms of Sky as a whole, e.g give free or money off actual SKY bill/get access to sky... With it now being so much more difficult to reach the 50k points per month (20% rb) I feel Skypoker should offer more to Priorty members. 
    Posted by mrleemr1
    Sky only have a minority stake in sky betting and gaming now so cant see this sort of idea being of benefit to the owners. Also, not sure of the relevance of 50k points as its 10k to get in priority.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Because in order to get 20%rb now you need 50k points, different levels of priority, it used to be a lot lower but like most sites increased 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Because in order to get 20%rb now you need 50k points, different levels of priority, it used to be a lot lower but like most sites increased 
    Posted by mrleemr1
    You're forgetting that Priority customers receive weekly rewards in addition to monthly rakeback.

We've actually increased rakeback for a lot of customers, thanks to the introduction of the new rewards scheme.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Free Sky TV for everyone is something we've considered. However, we would have to pay full price, despite being part of BSkyB. 

In order to be able to do this, we'd have to make considerable savings through Priority promotions and/or Rakeback, to pay above the odds for something which not everyone wants.

I'm sure everyone would agree that this wouldn't be a great move on our part!

We are looking into box office events, and similar perks, but it's quite complicated, operationally.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Box Office : You're forgetting that Priority customers receive weekly rewards in addition to monthly rakeback. We've actually increased rakeback for a lot of customers, thanks to the introduction of the new rewards scheme.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Would it be possible for you to tell me what these are please, and who it is that gets an increase, thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Box Office : Would it be possible for you to tell me what these are please, and who it is that gets an increase, thanks
    Posted by mrleemr1
    Hi MrLee.

10k points in a month earns you Priority. Below, In the below examples, I'm going to presume that play is spread evenly throughout the month, and that each week, a minimum of 2000 are earned. 

I'm also going to exclude any promotions which boost points, which we're generally quite generous with, however it's worth nothing that previously, double points would have very little benefit for Priority players, where now they are massively beneficial.

10k points earned playing STT/MTTs only

10 points/£1 rake paid. Total rake - £1,000.

Old Scheme

20% rakeback - £200

New Scheme

2p per point awarded weekly - £200
    Access to 5 x £1,000 freerolls per week.
    10% rakeback - £100
    Total - £300 + Freerolls (30%)

10k points earned playing cash games only

6 points/£1 rake equating to £1,666.66

Old Scheme

20% rakeback - £333.33

New Scheme

2p per point - £200
    Access to 5 x £1,000 Freerolls per week
    10% Rakeback - £166.66
    Total - £366.66 + Freerolls (22%)

There's spots where customers can be slightly worse off with the new scheme, however, most are better off, and there's now a strong incentive to hit 10k points, as there's quite a nice bonus for doing so.

As mentioned, taking double points promotions into account now increases rakeback via weekly points payments. This can make a huge difference, but it's hard to come up with an accurate example.

If you'd like an example specific to your play, I'll happily do this for you. However, it's very manual, so I would limit it to one or two months. Please email priority@sky.com to request.