You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One more Duel - tonight.

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

The third of 3 successive Duels takes place tonight.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/the-duel?dcmp=p_leftnav_duel

You can find the Tourney in the Lobby, Registration opens at 11am, you need 25 poker points in the preceding 24 hours (up to kick off, at 19.30) to take part.

Once you have Registered, you don't even need to be Online when it happens.

Comments

• edited November 2015

Pistols at dawn
  • edited November 2015
    When I tried to register ,it is asking for a password?
  • edited November 2015
    Maybe wrong tournie.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight.:
    Posted by wynne1938
    Ive just unregistered and re registered. There was no password.
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi Wynne,

Can you try again, please? I can't test it myself, as I've not played in the last 24 hours, but 170 others have Registered in the last few hours.

Also, whilst I have your attention, very well done in this

Congrats.

• edited November 2015

^^^^

It seems the problem is solved;

wynne19381000
  • edited November 2015
    It says I can't register for this one even though I have gained 30 points in the last 24 hours. Had no problem with the others.

I played the £33 bounty hunter last night. That should qualify me, no?

Edit - Now I think, I perhaps registered for the tourny before the 24 hour mark and that's the 'time stamp' given to the points?
  • edited November 2015
    It says I can't register for this one even though I have gained 30 points in the last 24 hours. Had no problem with the others. I played the £33 bounty hunter last night. That should qualify me, no?
    Posted by Liftman
    Have a word with Customer Care.

Pretty sure that if you played that £33 jobbie last night, you have met the criteria.
  • edited November 2015
    It says I can't register for this one even though I have gained 30 points in the last 24 hours. Had no problem with the others. I played the £33 bounty hunter last night. That should qualify me, no? Edit - Now I think, I perhaps registered for the tourny before the 24 hour mark and that's the 'time stamp' given to the points?
    Posted by Liftman
    That would seem a bit odd if it is the case.

"It's simple - just earn 25 points in the previous 24 hours leading up to the start of each Duel (19:30:01 - 19:29:59)"

Speak to CC, I'm sure this is sortable.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight. : That would seem a bit odd if it is the case. "It's simple - just earn 25 points in the previous 24 hours leading up to the start of each Duel (19:30:01 - 19:29:59)" Speak to CC, I'm sure this is sortable.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK, how do I contact? Just with the contact button at the bottom and an email?
  • edited November 2015
    do live chat. same place

email wont get you in in time
  • edited November 2015
    I just tried Live chat and no ones responding. I can't register for the UKPC freeroll either so I'm guessing my above theory is correct.

The time stamp allocated to gained points is set to the time of registration, even though you don't recieve the points until after your tournament ends.

Nevermind anyway, I bust out of the last two in the first hand!
  • edited November 2015
    ....... I bust out of the last two in the first hand!
    Posted by Liftman

Hi.
    Maybe you should tighten up your starting hands pre...

Just saying
  • edited November 2015
    I just tried Live chat and no ones responding. I can't register for the UKPC freeroll either so I'm guessing my above theory is correct. The time stamp allocated to gained points is set to the time of registration, even though you don't recieve the points until after your tournament ends. Nevermind anyway, I bust out of the last two in the first hand!
    Posted by Liftman
    Well that seems a little odd to me.

I can't do anything right now, but I'll ask the question next week.

Thank you for being understanding. Not even an exclamation mark. Proper bloke, you. To many that'd be a 5 exclamation mark affair.

• edited November 2015
    Yeah it's no biggie, and thanks Tikay for looking into it.

I'm sure I'm right and that's how it's programmed. Worth noting for strategic point collecting in the future.

Though it would be nice if the powers that be can change it.
  • edited November 2015
    Yeah it's no biggie, and thanks Tikay for looking into it. I'm sure I'm right and that's how it's programmed. Worth noting for strategic point collecting in the future. Though it would be nice if the powers that be can change it.
    Posted by Liftman
    Thank you.

I have to say, if you are correct, it just feels wrong to me.

Anyway, I will ask, & get back to you.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight. : Well that seems a little odd to me. I can't do anything right now, but I'll ask the question next week. Thank you for being understanding. Not even an exclamation mark. Proper bloke, you. To many that'd be a 5 exclamation mark affair.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    This is so wrong, he should be in!!!!!

In I say!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2015

Hi Dave.

Sam has been out of the office since the end of last week, so they have been a bit short-handed & I've not troubled them with issues like these, but he is back in harness now, though I guess he'll have a lot to catch up on.,

However, I've asked the question, & once he's got caught up, I'm sure he'll reply.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight. : This is so wrong, he should be in!!!!! In I say!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Behave.

Honestly, nothing yanks my chain more than multi exclamation marks or even un-necessary use of them. I could explain why, but I might just get in trouble if I did.

"The £10 Guaranteed £1.10 entry MTT starts in 10 minutes, register now!"

I only have to see that & the red mist descends.

;)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight. : Behave. Honestly, nothing yanks my chain more than multi exclamation marks or even un-necessary use of them. I could explain why, but I might just get in trouble if I did.   "The £10 Guaranteed £1.10 entry MTT starts in 10 minutes, register now!" I only have to see that & the red mist descends.   ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I actually fell out with the wife on Monday about her misuse of the question mark (she went and used 3 in a text message for one question). Gets up my nose like there is a hidden meaning to it. 

She said sorry though and that's us back on talking terms.  
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: One more Duel - tonight. : I actually fell out with the wife on Monday about her misuse of the question mark (she went and used 3 in a text message for one question). Gets up my nose like there is a hidden meaning to it.  She said sorry though and that's us back on talking terms.  
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Same thing. It's just so wrong. Do they think we did not see the first one?

Nothing irritates more. Except things that irritate more, like mis-used exclamation points.

And then there are those who use multi-both.

"Like this???!!!"

Think I need to go for a walk, to calm down now.

• edited December 2015
    You do realise that comments like this, force us, compel us, drive us blindly, to use them?

'Honestly, nothing yanks my chain more than multi exclamation marks or even un-necessary use of them. I could explain why, but I might just get in trouble if I did.'

When I didded my O and A levels, an ! wasn't lobbed about like a pit-bull with an empty pop bottle, so I guess given your mature stature, you're used to how it was in the good old days?
    It does seem that it's now acceptable to throw an ! in at every opportunity. I'll agree with you there.

It doesn't bother me personally. I have enough trouble understanding poker abbreviations in the chat-box to care about an extra !. Equity this, -ve that, +ve that. I don't have a clue what people are on about half the time. Proper twaddle they type I tell ya. It's gobbledegook. May as well be Korean.
    In my brain, when I read 'I had to, I had no fold equity' = blah blah wtf does that mean blah blah I fancy a sandwich blah blah
    Off track a bit, but that poker technical stuff gets on my proverbials the same way an ! gets on yours.
    Especially in a £3 DYM

• edited December 2015
    For about 18 months I thought a HUD was an ipad.
  • edited December 2015
    For about 18 months I thought a HUD was an ipad.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I hear that The Doormat wants to give you a PS4 for Christmas,

That'll be handy.
  • edited December 2015
    He may as well get me a new washing machine. Equally as thoughtless but at least I'd be able to use it.

And another thing. ICM. Even when someone provided a link as to what it was, I'm still none the wiser. I read about three paragraphs before feeling exhausted.
    ICM. LOL. That's all Bletchley Park territory.
  • edited December 2015
    so disappointed that you didn't mean my epic duel against Richard Orford in the HUFA about to take place imminently - oh well one day I will get top billing - one day - one day................
  • edited December 2015
    so disappointed that you didn't mean my epic duel against Richard Orford in the HUFA about to take place imminently - oh well one day I will get top billing - one day - one day................
    Posted by imber
    You'd deffo be billed above Richard Orford, no doubt about it.