You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Please change the default on the tournament token to NO

This month and last month, maybe because I am a bit thick, I have used my tournament token for a 60p DYM.  I have then had to call customer care to get it refunded.

It would save us players and customer care the loss of valuable time if the option box for "Do you want to use your tournament token" was set to NO as default instead of yes. 

I certainly did not want to use mine on a 60p DYM, and from other forum posts, I know I am not the only player to have done this. 

So could you please change the default to NO.

Thank you in advance for taking action on this feedback.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi .
    I think ive seen this requested 4 or 5 times . Its been explained . To get this change. There needs to be a meeting, then an extra ordinary general meeting. Then an emergency committee  have to be woken up at the crack of dawn.

Then. If its deemed unfrivolous , a further group have  to put balaclavas on and meet in an underground dis-used substation. And they elect one of themselves to put an anonomous memo  in a empty coffee cup and the nightshift agency cleaner picks itup and leaves it on reception.

The usual receptionist gets a tip off , warning her not to come to work that week. 

Another agency temp turns up and pops the memo into someones in tray. 

A few weeks later, a Lear jet with arrives at Farnborough airbase and 2 suited blokes get out with Raybans on .

The get into a limo with 16 armoured vehicles spread out infront . Sirens blaring.
    and behind with 2 chinooks carrying SAS elite  and à F16 as back up .

They drive up to sheffield . 
    The motorway has all slip roads blocked off.

They get to sheffield and meet the sky team , who show them the memo. 
    They take the memo away with them and we have to wait.

• edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    Easier to get a Vogon to save his grandmother from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
  • edited December 2015

Ha, loving your work guys, very good.

The first question is "what is the reason it is set up that way?"

We could make a few guesses, but we'd be whistling in the dark really.

Despite what some may think - or even post - Sky Poker, & SB&G generally, are a fair minded business, & don't indulge in edgy stuff or sharp practice.

So, I've asked the question, "is there a reason we do it this way?" 

• edited December 2015
    Hello guys,

Certainly no underhand tactics in this one it is defaulted yes purely because thats the way it was developed when we introduced the choice regarding the tournament token.

To change this is actually harder than you may think and needs to be prioritised against a slightly higher list of priorities. I will raise this but as I say even for something that looks so simple it is certainly not as simple to execute. 
  • edited December 2015

^^^^

Mumsie called it correctly.

WP, WP.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Please change the default on the tournament token to NO:
    ^^^^ Mumsie called it correctly. WP, WP.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I expect mumsie to be whisked off on a rendition flight to Guantanamo bay forthwith.
  • edited December 2015
    This is a one line change in a web page :)  5 mins work.
  • edited December 2015
    This is a one line change in a web page :)  5 mins work.
    Posted by Tlaloc666
    They have to get permission to dig the road up from the council.
  • edited December 2015

Yet another post in the poker chat section about this.

Weecheez is cheesed off!
  • edited December 2015
    Where in Sheffield? Might have to pay a visit ;) lol

I wasted my 5.00 token on dyms I am almost sure I have. I really wish they would have set it to no from the start. I understand that there are priorities other than this, but look how long it took to finally work out how to put it in as a token instead of cash. It is annoying though having to change it to no constantly. I didn't even see mine come up as was rebuying into next dym tourney.
  • edited December 2015
    +1

Really like the concept of tokens. Tweaking the default to no would make a huge difference to their useability and save time spent with customer care.

So easy to miss and click through. Especially as the tokens get credited at different times. I have qualified for a token most weeks since introduced. I am aware of the issue yet I still use it accidentally on a low buy in. 

• edited March 2016

I have been offline for 2 months, has this not been changed?

I do understand it may be a struggle to mobilise 2 Chinooks and an F16, given the current global conflicts at the moment, but tell me at least that the 2 suited blokes with the raybans have received the memo?
  • edited March 2016
    Thats an affirmative raybans set to anti glare comms to covert and that f16 is inbound feet dry
  • edited March 2016
    i did same told could not be refunded
  • edited March 2016
    i did same told could not be refunded
    Posted by CHICKFEET
    Please contact them again chickfeet. 

Explain to them that this is an ongoing issue that many Sky poker players have  been complaining about.  Let them know that there has been several threads on the forum regarding this issue, and that many regular players have already been refunded. 

If you do this politely, I'm sure you will find that you will be refunded. 

Lastly, please tell customer care that you want to officially complain about the default being set to Yes, as Tikay has explained that they have to pass on any complaints to Sky poker. 

This issue is annoying and frustrating for players. I don't even try to get the 100 points anymore. 

• I know that Sky have other priorities,  but having dissatisfied customers surely isn't good for any business? 

• edited March 2016

I shall be raising this issue with the Office again tomorrow.
  • edited March 2016
    I shall be raising this issue with the Office again tomorrow.
    Posted by Tikay10

Many thanks Tikay.
  • edited March 2016

I'm not hopeful, but I can but ask. It's not a falling out matter - imo - but I'm not comfortable with it. Like that will sway their thinking......  
  • edited March 2016

No, not a falling out matter at all, but many regulars have posted, so it obviously is a thing that is easily overlooked when you have a busy screen, with multiple table lobbies etc.

Then having to take time out when you are trying to play to contact customer care is the most annoying thing. 

So not a falling out matter by any manner of means.........now the rakes on the microstakes DYMs, that's another matter.

Thanks

Craig
  • edited March 2016

Yes, I completely understand the point, Craig, was just making the point that I will ask again, and that's all I can do. 

I won't be asking about rake levels, there is no point, I doubt they will change in the near term.
  • edited March 2016

Okay I'll leave the rake debate for another day.

Thanks again for re-presenting my issues with the token to the suits.

Craig
  • edited May 2016
    Alas Phantom,  I am not sure that we will see any action on this for a while. 

I saw a post from DarkAngel the other day,  frustrated that she did not have the option to choose not to use her token whilst playing on her mobile device. 

Despite Tikay  bringing the matter to the attention of the suits, and the protestations from the regs, there doesn't appear to be any  sign of change coming over the horizon. 

I thought changing the default to no would have been a simple solution to alleviate the problems encountered by the players in using their tokens in the tournaments they want, and not wasting  them on lesser buy in tournaments .  Other sites have an option box that you can choose to use the  token or cash. This would be my preferred option, but given the speed  at which we are progressing, I  don't think we will see that any time soon.

I also think that the  option box should only appear when the tournament is at the value of the token or higher, but maybe the thinking on this is that players, for whatever reason I don't know, may  want to use their token for a lesser buy in. 

Best of luck on the PLO8 tables
  • edited June 2016

Good morning.

The Default setting on Tournament Tokens has now been amended to "NO".

Sky Poker were aware that the previous default of "YES" caused many of you some angst, & often caused you to accidentally use it when you did not intend to.

To change it from YES to NO was rather more complex than you may think, & required some extra coding which could only be done in conjunction with some other software changes.
     However, during last night's "Maintenance Outage" the Default was successfully changed to NO.