You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how are poker points awarded in cash games

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
how do the points get allocated in poker cash games, secondly why can you not view the tables in play as you can in other tournaments to get an idea of how the action unfolds.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    you can view & rail the cash tables db
  • edited December 2015
    hi db  you click the table you wish too view  you dont have too take a seat  but can watch it

some tables might say you cant watch  i think like high cash  i dont no if its  how much u have in ur account ? maybe some one can clear this up lol
  • edited December 2015
    Points allocated on money that is in play.

So you raise £1 and are called - get points for that £1, if raise £1 and all fold pre, no points.

If low stakes money in play totalled until hits a value that = points.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: how are poker points awarded in cash games:
    hi db  you click the table you wish too view  you dont have too take a seat  but can watch it some tables might say you cant watch  i think like high cash  i dont no if its  how much u have in ur account ? maybe some one can clear this up lol
    Posted by vegasman

Someone did tell me this, you need to have x amount BB's to rail the higher stake cash games, Stuarty117 I think it was you.

I can view the £10/£20 games so I am not sure what the limit is.
  • edited December 2015
    thank you very much one and all for taking the time to read and help much appreciated.
  • edited December 2015
    I thought anyone can rail the high stakes cash games, but you needed x amount of BBs to be able to chat at those tables.
  • edited December 2015
    Most of it summed up nicely, but just to clarify;

You can watch any table by launching it. No need to sit, and you'll have the option to sit once the tables open. There's no minimum balance for the higher stakes tables, but to avoid general trolling, you must have enough in your balance to cover to minimum buy-in before being able to chat.

The points are allocated based on how much rake you pay. The rake is allocated based on how much you contribute to the pot. I've added an example below; 
    Seat one has put £8 into the pot (40% of pot)
    Seat 2 has put £8 into the pot (40% of pot)
    Seats 3, 4, 5 and 6 have put £1 each into the pot. (5% of pot each)

Total pot = £20.
    Total rake (For example) = £1
    40p rake is allocated to both seat 1 and seat 2. (40% of the rake each)
    5p rake is allocated to seats 3, 4 5 and 6. (5% of the rake each)

Presuming there's no extra points awarded (happy hour etc), you'll be awarded 6 points for every £1 of rake you contribute.

• edited December 2015
    Most of it summed up nicely, but just to clarify;

You can watch any table by launching it. No need to sit, and you'll have the option to sit once the tables open. There's no minimum balance for the higher stakes tables, but to avoid general trolling, you must have enough in your balance to cover to minimum buy-in before being able to chat.

The points are allocated based on how much rake you pay. The rake is allocated based on how much you contribute to the pot. I've added an example below; 
    Seat one has put £8 into the pot (40% of pot)
    Seat 2 has put £8 into the pot (40% of pot)
    Seats 3, 4, 5 and 6 have put £1 each into the pot. (5% of pot each)

Total pot = £20.
    Total rake (For example) = £1
    40p rake is allocated to both seat 1 and seat 2. (40% of the rake each)
    5p rake is allocated to seats 3, 4 5 and 6. (5% of the rake each)

Presuming there's no extra points awarded (happy hour etc), you'll be awarded 6 points for every £1 of rake you contribute.

• edited December 2015
    Yes u can watch any of the games but to chat you need 30 bigs.

I talked to the_fishhhhh one nite he didnt have a clue wat i was on about.
  • edited December 2015
    thanks for your further helpful reply's, I was a bit wary of pressing the buttons and ending up on the tables
  • edited December 2015
    lol see me in the office db
  • edited December 2015
    there's always a catch