You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do i have to stack off here after flopping the nut flush draw?

edited December 2015 in Tournament Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBlackpeaSmall blind 1000.001000.00129733.00ddomoBig blind 2000.003000.0056650.25 Your hole cardsAQ   TIRAMISUCall 2000.005000.0070450.00hazcarpFold    FeelGroggyRaise 6000.0011000.0096781.50JOXER1968Fold    BlackpeaFold    ddomoFold    TIRAMISUCall 4000.0015000.0066450.00Flop  47K   TIRAMISUBet 15000.0030000.0051450.00FeelGroggyAll-in 96781.50126781.500.00TIRAMISUAll-in 51450.00178231.500.00FeelGroggyUnmatched bet 30331.50147900.0030331.50TIRAMISUShowJK   FeelGroggyShowAQ   Turn  3   River  4   TIRAMISUWinTwo Pairs, Kings and 4s147900.00 147900.00

Comments

• edited December 2015
    His pot bet looks like he's comitting himself to the pot. I'm at a table where I think i have a good edge. Do i have to stick it in here? Don't think i have too much fold equity.
    it pasted a bit wonky. we started 36bb deep
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Is there anything else I can do in this spot with nut flush draw?:
    His pot bet looks like he's comitting himself to the pot. I'm at a table where I think i have a good edge. Do i have to stick it in here? Don't think i have too much fold equity. it pasted a bit wonky. we started 36bb deep
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    If the first part right then of course we don't have fold equity. Based on you having a good edge an no FE you shouldn't get in a massive pot. It does depend on what range you put oppo on though although I am not sure about what hand we can put oppo on that we like.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Is there anything else I can do in this spot with nut flush draw?:
    In Response to Re: Is there anything else I can do in this spot with nut flush draw? : If the first part right then of course we don't have fold equity. Based on you having a good edge an no FE you shouldn't get in a massive pot. It does depend on what range you put oppo on though although I am not sure about what hand we can put oppo on that we like.
    Posted by MattBates
    I had no reads as to what a pot lead meant from this player, but not many players from my experience pot bet then pass to a shove. i would also be surprised to see somebody play a flush this way. I really struggled putting him on a hand I think at the time I thought to myself 'maybe he folds, if not I still have a decent amount of outs and get his head if I win'.
    I maybe wrongly, discounted flushes from his range when he donk potted out. Off the top of my head If he has a set i still win 30% of the time in the worst case scenario. But if I'm rarely getting folds as played it might be a waste of my edge. Just a bit confused as my original plan was to bet stack off vs aggression. If he's happy getting KJ in on this texture I could definitely have picked a better spot though.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Is there anything else I can do in this spot with nut flush draw? : I had no reads as to what a pot lead meant from this player, but not many players from my experience pot bet then pass to a shove. i would also be surprised to see somebody play a flush this way. I really struggled putting him on a hand I think at the time I thought to myself 'maybe he folds, if not I still have a decent amount of outs and get his head if I win'. I maybe wrongly, discounted flushes from his range when he donk potted out. Off the top of my head If he has a set i still win 30% of the time in the worst case scenario. But if I'm rarely getting folds as played it might be a waste of my edge. Just a bit confused as my original plan was to bet stack off vs aggression. If he's happy getting KJ in on this texture I could definitely have picked a better spot though.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    hi grogg.this is definitely a spot 4 a timebank,need a minute to think(old age)to me i got 12 outs twice against king, wot i put him on after pot bet,good odds,as u say against set u got 30 per cent,he is never folding,so he will be slight fav.
    can u do anything different,maybe if against aggro player do a x5,x6 pre,,,confuses the hell out of me or just flat call flop and turn to spike spade.
    lets vote for a time bank...help.the aged,gl bud