You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats the best way of getting 50

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
poker points with a buget of 10 pounds

Comments

• edited December 2015
    30p dyms simples
  • edited December 2015
    i imagine cheap doubly your money sng's
  • edited December 2015
    Depends on what your prefered game type is and attitude to risk and going bust.

Assuming no points promotions are on...

50 x 60p dyms will do it at a reasonably low variance game - but that will be hard to beat the rake.

I would personally prefer trying to play 55p 6max games the speed ones run fairly frequently. The rake is much lower and I find low stakes 6max much more beatable than the dyms.

I wouldnt try cash - unless you are just playing for a bit of fun and dont mind busting, £10 is a very low bankroll for cash. Of course you could take 5 shots at the 20nl spinups and either lose it quickly are go on a massive heater and hit 50 points in no time.

• edited December 2015
    I wouldn't worry about going for poker points for a freeroll, or for any reason!

At the cash tables you would need to spend £10 of rake to get 60pokerpoints.

On sit and go's/ or tournies you would need to spend £55 for 50 points.
  • edited December 2015
    30p DYMs
    Rake is high but you get 1 pp per game

If you run at 50% it will cost you £2.50  

60p DYMs

If you run at 50% it will cost you £5.00

£1.15 DYMs

If you run at 50% it will cost you £7.50

Obviously if you are confident of running better than 50% then lower rake options are better, but if you purely want to get points and you are happy to spend your £10 then the 30p games work, you only need to win 10 from 50 

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: whats the best way of getting 50:
    I wouldn't worry about going for poker points for a freeroll, or for any reason! At the cash tables you would need to spend £10 of rake to get 60pokerpoints. On sit and go's/ or tournies you would need to spend £55 for 50 points.
    Posted by LARSON7
    50 pts in a day to enter 1 freeroll is a debateable goal in its own right, but if you have the time to put in the volume and can afford the loss in hte short term and are good enough to at least break even in the long term at the stakes you play then where is the harm?

A £1k FR +ipad? A chance to for a trip of a lifetime to Vegas/Punta Cana? (25 pts) A sky poker hoodie (only 10pts that one) - these can all be won on sky from freerolls with a small play on the site first requirement.

50pts in a week also gets you access to 5 more freerolls.

Your last point is not correct at low stakes. For example 55p 6max and 60p dyms give you 1 point so you can get 50 points by paying only £27.50 or £30.
  • edited December 2015
    Phantom you can get 50pts playing 50 x 30p dyms

Which is only £15

Definitly worth as u cant lose 50 in a row lol. Reality you will only lose a couple of pound. Unless u win 60%
  • edited December 2015
    Phantom you can get 50pts playing 50 x 30p dyms Which is only £15 Definitly worth as u cant lose 50 in a row lol. Reality you will only lose a couple of pound. Unless u win 60%
    Posted by stuarty117
    So you still get 1 pt at 30p.

I suppose if you are not confident that you can break even/win at the game then that is definitely the cheapest way to get the 50pts.

Longer term you need to be trying to play games with a lower rake %, i.e 55p 6max upwards and 3.30 dym upwards at 10%.

• edited December 2015
    Yep still get 1pt 5p rake

Play 100 of them a week get 100pts

you pay £5 rake but get 2.30 back and 5 Freerolls, not bad for someone just looking a bit of fun
  • edited December 2015

You could try 67Bhoys simple DYM laddering up method as highlighted in Macacgirls PLO8 competition II thread.

Makes £10 go a long way, plus the progression means less games to achieve your points.
  • edited December 2015
    With £10 I would.

Sit down at £4nl with £1.20.

Play like everyone could see my hand.
    Just playing pairs and AK. Lo0sen up on the btn.

Fold to aggression. Even change tables if too aggro.
    I need to see cards cheaply.

Only cbet when i hit or thought i could get a fold.
     Increase my buy in until i reached £30-£40 br
    Ide be playing 2-4 tables

Build to £99, then start playing like a pregnant fish and take a stab at £20-50nl.

Lose all down too say £12.  Then start all over again.

I would have really enjoyed the journey. Ive done it a few times.
    I would also have a tonne of notes on players cos thats what i do.
    I would have earned 50 points many times over.

Moral: look after the pennies and the points will look after themselves.

• edited December 2015
    Im not the best for banroll management so  I would play a £5.50 hu speed and a 3.30 hyper and see where it takes me haha
  • edited December 2015
    thanks too everyone that   replied  some  great advice there  a bit of a mix too try out  so  i think i will  try build up my   small amount of  money up now
  • edited December 2015
    Im not the best for banroll management so  I would play a £5.50 hu speed and a 3.30 hyper and see where it takes me haha
    Posted by Itsover4u
    ; )