You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Inconsistency with satelites

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
I brought this up in the other thread and hope it would have been looked into for tonights highroller sat but i see its the same again tonight.

In the ukpc £52 sat the structure is 3000 chips and 10 minute blinds
In the ukops £115 semi the structure is 2000 chips and 7 minute blinds
In the ukops £24 sat into the ukops main its 3000 chips and 7 minute blinds.
In the £11.50 ukpc quarter sat its 2000 chips and 7 minute blinds.
In the ukops £25 highroller quarter sat its 2000 chips and 5 minute blinds.

Sky are obviously entitled to choose whatever structure they feel is best for it but it just feels a bit random having a worse structure for a higher buyin satelite and something which needs looked into imo.

Either that or why arnt all of the sats the same stuucture i cant work out why they are all different.

It just doesnt make sense that the higher the buyin for the satelite the worse the structure is. 

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Good luck in the final this eve
  • edited December 2015
    sky MTTs have starting chipstack and blind structures is based on entry fee.

the main event and £55 bounty hunters 5000 chips 12 minute blinds
    mini BHs and other £5.50 BH 2000 chips and 10 minute blinds.

high stake deep stacks such as super roller 10'000 chips and 15 minute blinds
     mini roller and £5.50 deep stacks 5'000 chips and 12 minute blinds.

It's a general theme really the higher the entry cost the great the chip stack and longer the blinds
  • edited December 2015
    +1 You would expect there to be more playability in the higher buy in sats. I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to try and get a seat to the high roller, but I certainly feel much more reluctant buying into a £115 mtt with a quick structure than I would if it was slower
  • edited December 2015
    It does all seem a bit bizarre. From an outside POV, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind the current structures above. It all just needs to be a bit more uniform with potentially slightly slower structures for the bigger BIs
  • edited December 2015

Good morning,

I don't know the answer to this, but I've asked the question & will let you know later this week.
  • edited December 2015
    For the record, I like the structure in last nights ul ops main sat, mainly because I got a seat.... :) 

Gl all my the sats be with you 
  • edited December 2015
    Hi,

A lot of the early satellites such as the quarters and the directs may have a shorter structure due to the need for them to finish before the next satellite. 

Valid points on the High Roller semi though, I have made some changes to this starting from today.

Sam
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    I'm not sure that we should be aiming for consistency. Some people's satellite strategy is better suited to a 100BB 7 minute blind, others to a 400BB 15-minute blind. Let them choose which tournaments to enter based on this.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Inconsistency with satelites:
    I'm not sure that we should be aiming for consistency. Some people's satellite strategy is better suited to a 100BB 7 minute blind, others to a 400BB 15-minute blind. Let them choose which tournaments to enter based on this.
    Posted by BigBluster
    So each player type can only qualify for some of the games? 

Players who like it fast and shallow can only qualify for the UKOPS High Roller, but not the UKPC? Whereas players who like a slower deeper stacked sat have to qualify for the UKPC but not play the UKOPS High Roller?

It justs common sense imo to have a solid balanced structure (not too fast, not too slow)that pleases as many people as possible. The exception of course is situations like Sam said where X sat has to be finished by Y time so it's in time for the target event and in those cases it makes perfect sense to make it a little quicker.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Inconsistency with satelites : So each player type can only qualify for some of the games?  Players who like it fast and shallow can only qualify for the UKOPS High Roller, but not the UKPC? Whereas players who like a slower deeper stacked sat have to qualify for the UKPC but not play the UKOPS High Roller? It justs common sense imo to have a solid balanced structure (not too fast, not too slow)that pleases as many people as possible. The exception of course is situations like Sam said where X sat has to be finished by Y time so it's in time for the target event and in those cases it makes perfect sense to make it a little quicker.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I think that you can square the circle by having different options: why not have both a deep stack sat and a short-stack sat to the UKPC? Likewise give similar options for the Roller?

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Inconsistency with satelites : I think that you can square the circle by having different options: why not have both a deep stack sat and a short-stack sat to the UKPC? Likewise give similar options for the Roller?
    Posted by BigBluster
    this seems like a good solution, and it is effective on other sites. however, you do have to take into account that Sky is a small site, and it might lead to liquidity issues in one of the two satellites since there might not be enough players to satisfy both. satellites on sky seem to already run pretty thinly, so the introduction of alternative structure satellites might destory the other, and we're back at sq1