You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No internet access via DC

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi boffins, 
I think i may have a problem.
My pc done a big update the other day, and since then 
I can't access the internet through the DC 
All the other buttons work fine (find a friend, my Sky poker etc)

But the community dosen't work also black jack and all other game 
buttons don't work.
It's been a couple of days and nobody else has mentioned it 
so i assume it is my end and not Sky

Trouble is I have no clue how to put it right
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Regards Alan (plo8 champ) 

Comments

• edited December 2015

WISH I COULD HELP YOU AJ BUT THIS OLD GIRL IS NOT PC Savvy (:(:(:(

• edited December 2015
    In Response to No internet access via DC:
    Hi boffins,  I think i may have a problem. My pc done a big update the other day, and since then  I can't access the internet through the DC  All the other buttons work fine (find a friend, my Sky poker etc) But the community dosen't work also black jack and all other game  buttons don't work. It's been a couple of days and nobody else has mentioned it  so i assume it is my end and not Sky Trouble is I have no clue how to put it right Any help would be appreciated. TIA Regards Alan (plo8 champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton

So you got 18/25, with a win streak of 7..........could be sabotage.

I have a similar problem, I upgraded to windows 10.1, now the tables won't load up when I'm in the office, but they do on Windows 8.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: No internet access via DC:
    In Response to No internet access via DC : So you got 18/25, with a win streak of 7..........could be sabotage. I have a similar problem, I upgraded to windows 10.1, now the tables won't load up when I'm in the office, but they do on Windows 8.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I upgraded too windows 10 and computer just kept crashing and freezing luckily i had the option too revert back too windows 8 and everything is running fine again probably why they are upgrading everyone for free its mince.

So if thats the upgrade alan try and revert it too windows 8 think if like me you will have a month too revert back.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to No internet access via DC : So you got 18/25, with a win streak of 7..........could be sabotage. I have a similar problem, I upgraded to windows 10.1, now the tables won't load up when I'm in the office, but they do on Windows 8.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I up graded to windows 10 couple of months ago, with no probs. 
    Only since the update 2 days ago i can't access the forum 

• edited December 2015
    swit ch it of then on again

• edited December 2015
    In Response to No internet access via DC:
    Hi boffins,  I think i may have a problem. My pc done a big update the other day, and since then  I can't access the internet through the DC  All the other buttons work fine (find a friend, my Sky poker etc) But the community dosen't work also black jack and all other game  buttons don't work. It's been a couple of days and nobody else has mentioned it  so i assume it is my end and not Sky Trouble is I have no clue how to put it right Any help would be appreciated. TIA Regards Alan (plo8 champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Any luck with this?

Ive just bought a new laptop with Win 10 installed.
    The new Edge browser seemed fine but found i was getting discoed after about 1/2 hour and had to reload tables.
    Download seems fine, although i play through Chrome browser most of time now.
  • edited December 2015
    swit ch it of then on again
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Done that now fo
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to No internet access via DC : Any luck with this? Ive just bought a new laptop with Win 10 installed. The new Edge browser seemed fine but found i was getting discoed after about 1/2 hour and had to reload tables. Download seems fine, although i play through Chrome browser most of time now.
    Posted by VespaPX
    i use chrome too, no probs with internet
    Just can't access it through DC

BTW How's your plo8 dym challenge going?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: No internet access via DC : i use chrome too, no probs with internet Just can't access it through DC BTW How's your plo8 dym challenge going?
    Posted by ajmilton
    Not done it this time Al
    Not much time to play atm
    lots of life stuff to sort out.
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016

AJ,

May I suggest you ask "Noseybonk". He's VERY helpful, & very knowledgeable about these things.

I bet it's a vey simple fix, 5 minutes of diagnosis with someone who understands these things will sort it.

I'll try & alert him to it.
  • edited January 2016

^^^^^

I've asked him to take a look. He's The Champ at these things. Proper Champ.
  • edited January 2016
    ^^^^^ I've asked him to take a look. He's The Champ at these things. Proper Champ.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK, I'll be back in a couple of hours 

• edited January 2016
    When you click 'Community' in the DC does the menu appear with Forum and Blogs on? Or does the Community button just do nothing at all?

I think I'd first look at re-installing the DC. Just uninstall it through Control Panel (can't be more specific on that because I've never seen Windows 8 or 10) and then download it again. I wouldn't bother doing anything with Adobe Air just yet, as I think it's only used for actual gameplay.
    Don't know if you've tried that already though?

When the Community | Forum button is working fine it should just spawn your default internet browser (the DC itself doesn't have any forum support within). Infact all the game buttons do that too.

I guess your Chrome is set to be the default browser? Check it within Chrome | Settings. It'll tell you a short way down the page if it's set as the default.

• edited January 2016
    not to tech minded but go back to a restore point would work temp. ie go back to before the update. 
  • edited January 2016
    When you click 'Community' in the DC does the menu appear with Forum and Blogs on? Or does the Community button just do nothing at all? I think I'd first look at re-installing the DC. Just uninstall it through Control Panel (can't be more specific on that because I've never seen Windows 8 or 10) and then download it again. I wouldn't bother doing anything with Adobe Air just yet, as I think it's only used for actual gameplay. Don't know if you've tried that already though? When the Community | Forum button is working fine it should just spawn your default internet browser (the DC itself doesn't have any forum support within). Infact all the game buttons do that too. I guess your Chrome is set to be the default browser? Check it within Chrome | Settings. It'll tell you a short way down the page if it's set as the default.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Thanks Nosey.
  • edited January 2016
    Maybe related. 
    When i lookup player ...it times out on both browser and client. Last 2 nights.

If it appens again tonight...ill provide more info.
  • edited January 2016
    When you click 'Community' in the DC does the menu appear with Forum and Blogs on? Or does the Community button just do nothing at all? I think I'd first look at re-installing the DC. Just uninstall it through Control Panel (can't be more specific on that because I've never seen Windows 8 or 10) and then download it again. I wouldn't bother doing anything with Adobe Air just yet, as I think it's only used for actual gameplay. Don't know if you've tried that already though? When the Community | Forum button is working fine it should just spawn your default internet browser (the DC itself doesn't have any forum support within). Infact all the game buttons do that too. I guess your Chrome is set to be the default browser? Check it within Chrome | Settings. It'll tell you a short way down the page if it's set as the default.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I actually thought my browser default was chrome
    because my internet is the chrome symbol.
    I checked the settings and it wasn't, so reset chrome as my default.
    Bingo, everything is working perfectly. 

Thank's Mr NoseyBonk appreciate your time and effort.
    As TK say's you are a true champ in these matters.

Regards Alan
  • edited January 2016
    To be honest, even if Chrome wasn't your default it should have launched whatever was (eg, Edge in Windows 10, or Firefox), but maybe something was a little screwed there or not set up correctly.
    Glad you're sorted :)