You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wow ukpc final

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
well i dont  no what too do   240 pound set in a free roll  ? i can say this is [rob the biggest game  i might play in  but tbh   scares the pants off me playing for that amount of money   i need some advice  guys  

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Aim high

and WD
  • edited December 2015
    thanks mumsie    i do try   in online poker  but im low stakes only  yes ive won the odd grand here and  there  online  if this was an online tornument id have no problems with it   i take my chances 

the fact  that i cud win a place in the   ukpc at nottingham terrifies me

1 ive never played live 
    2 im half blind lol  half  deaf  an im scared too the point of sweating 

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: wow ukpc final:
    thanks mumsie    i do try   in online poker  but im low stakes only  yes ive won the odd grand here and  there  online  if this was an online tornument id have no problems with it   i take my chances  the fact  that i cud win a place in the   ukpc at nottingham terrifies me 1 ive never played live  2 im half blind lol  half  deaf  an im scared too the point of sweating   
    Posted by vegasman

Enjoy the experience of the satelitte.

Don't worry about the money, anything you get is a bonus, so play it the same as you would a normal tournament.

GL!

• edited December 2015
    Play tight aggresive in the early stages.

Open up a bit midgame when the blinds are worth something.

Have a good push / fold strategy and range in the latter stages.

Get lucky.

Profit!

Don't sweat over the buyin amount, you are freerolling!

EZ Game GLGL
  • edited December 2015
    There is not as much in it as the pro's try to make out. It cost you nothing you have nothing to lose. Have fun above all

• edited December 2015
    thanks everyone i will  try  maybe the poker gods shine on me an i win a seat too the big event lol  i havent lost money as it was free  but  i am neverous lol hopfully i calm down  next day or so  but i am looking forward too it  now
  • edited December 2015

Wow. Just enjoy it mate & play your usual game. Let the poker Gods do the rest.

If you are a low stakes fun player, you'll be an awkward shaped box, & the big Boys might struggle to "read you".

Good luck.  
  • edited December 2015

play your same game, make the same decisions. 
    don't change just because of the money. 

you're good enough to get here, you're good enough to get there.

gl

• edited December 2015
    Vegasman, I know exactly how you feel. I am still a newbie to poker. I've done what you did but 3 months into playing and got to DTD! Never played live before either. If you get through you get through, if you don't then it was a great experience. Play your own game, don't get over awed by the other players. Probably you will have played some of them before on tables. It's still a game of poker at the end of the day, put the amount of money out of your head. Don't get yourself het up and stressed over it, just relax and enjoy it. Some may be aggro players but you will know what to do. Have patience don't start stressing over stuff. DTD was a fantastic experience and full of fun. I lasted till after 1st break which for me was a bonus as wasn't out first. Lets get you a seat first before you start stressing out even more. Wishing you all the best.
  • edited December 2015
    Well done.How many did you have to knock out to get this far. The great news is that the next step is only 5 to 1. On the day, plenty of rest and no distractions
  • edited December 2015
    thanks everyone ive calmed down now looking forwards too playing it  4k chips thats mega chips for me too start with lol 1240 odd players in the freeroll  verses 100 plus 240 game no contest lol  ok m7ght need poker gods luck but hey  atleast I have a shot at it
  • edited December 2015
    Sit out and scrounge it in;)

Seriously though, good luck, it can be done.
  • edited December 2015
    hi everyone just too confirm if anyone hasnt said this tourny  isnt on the  13 dec   its in  4hr 30 mins or there about
  • edited December 2015
    hi everyone just too confirm if anyone hasnt said this tourny  isnt on the  13 dec   its in  4hr 30 mins or there about
    Posted by vegasman
    Think your looking at when registration opens, best of luck on Sunday
  • edited December 2015

Hi Vegas,

Matt is correct, & we need to clear this up - it is TOMORROW (Sunday @ 21.15) not today.

Registration opens today, 24 hours in advance, but the actual Final is TOMORROW.

AK47boom4000
    AK574000
    alpine4000
    anisman14000
    BAD4U4000
    bh0ywndr4000
    chopsuey4000
    DivsDreams4000
    EBBERDON4000
    Edearl4000
    FeelGroggy4000
    GMC10014000
    HANSON4000
    jamie2k104000
    jondabar4000
    Lambert1804000
    Marblzzz4000
    matthew2594000
    metz134000
    Milber4000
    Nutter59324000
    panov124000
    poker694000
    ribeiro664000
    rob23344000
    scotty4264000
    SenorBegs4000
    smoki34000
    StayOrGo4000
    TRANICK4000
    vegasman4000
    Wee174000
    wizardshat4000
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: wow ukpc final : Think your looking at when registration opens, best of luck on Sunday
    Posted by MattBates[/QUOTE

phew lol  not had time get snacks in lol
  • edited December 2015
    yes  mat is correct  and  yes  maybe there cud  be  2  timers 1 for reg early and  1 for tornument time  
  • edited December 2015
    well gave it a go started well  held my own for a gud while   mid game totally card dead  blinding down faster than a rocket got too 16th place took a chance bad cards and lost  
  • edited December 2015
    well gave it a go started well  held my own for a gud while   mid game totally card dead  blinding down faster than a rocket got too 16th place took a chance bad cards and lost  
    Posted by vegasman
    You were at my table, if i remember you  had a lot of outs to win but just couldn't hit. Congrats on your close call anyway, hopefully you'll get another chance before the event!
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by vegasman
    Did you enjoy it?

Would you play any different next time?

You were pretty close to a seat (10 sets & some cash for 11th) from 51 entrants, so it sounds like a decent effort. "One double up" & all that.

The experience should stand you in good stead.

WP
  • edited December 2015
    Very well played. You'be proved you can hold your own. Next time am sure you will do it. Good luck on the tables and I hope you enjoyed it and hopenypu manage to get another shot at it soon. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: wow ukpc final : Did you enjoy it? Would you play any different next time? You were pretty close to a seat (10 sets & some cash for 11th) from 51 entrants, so it sounds like a decent effort. "One double up" & all that. The experience should stand you in good stead.   WP
    Posted by Tikay10
    I started really well   I was nervous I was sat too the left of lolufold   then evilpingu next too me on my first table  I mixed it up pretty gud  played solid  I mannaged too get up too 12 or 13 k chips at one point  just after second break I missed a kk hand which may have led up too a double up  as pre raisers getting busy lol  not much I cud of changed  before my 10 7 shove lol run into ak but I did have outs but wasnt too be  

once my game was under way yea I forgot about 240 price lol   yes id play again if chance presents its self lol  yes feelgroggy  I saw u too wd one ur place