You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why cancelled?

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
I was registered to play in the £11.50 UKPC game due to start at 20.20 along with 2 others when it was cancelled despite stating that it was a 3 player minimum. Does anyone know if it is usual for this to happen?

Comments

• edited December 2015

Hi Mike,

No idea why it was cancelled.

I would very much doubt it is "usual for this to happen", because the players would complain, & it's not a complaint that has been aired very often here in 2015.

• edited December 2015

Thank you for the response Tikay.

Is it likely that Sky will offer an explanation?

• edited December 2015

Possibly. I'll ask them, and if they let me know, I will relay it. Doubt it will be before Monday though. 
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks fella. I hope all is well in your world.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Why cancelled?:
    I was registered to play in the £11.50 UKPC game due to start at 20.20 along with 2 others when it was cancelled despite stating that it was a 3 player minimum. Does anyone know if it is usual for this to happen?
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    I had the same happen earlier in the week - but assumed it was because the 3rd player only regged 20 seconds before kick off.  I have noticed that it usually runs with 4 players but tempermental with 3
  • edited December 2015
    There appears to be a problem with the tournament lobbies refreshing. Even if there are 3 or 4 players registered just before the start the lobby is only showing 1 or 2 players & thus the tournament is being cancelled, even though there are actually enough players registered.

We also had a similar problem with players being unable to find the orfordable deepstack this evening during late reg as the tournament lobby was not refreshing.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Why cancelled?:
    Thanks fella. I hope all is well in your world.
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    All good thanks Mike, getting a bit creaky, but everything still functions.

You & Kelly OK? You been to clap Klopp yet?

• edited December 2015
    Thank you for the response Tikay. Is it likely that Sky will offer an explanation?
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Morning Mike.

It's still unclear why this happened, the most likely explanation is a clash between how it was set up, & what the wordy bit in the Lobby said.

It's not something that happens with any frequency, & hopefully, it won't recur.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Why cancelled? : Morning Mike. It's still unclear why this happened, the most likely explanation is a clash between how it was set up, & what the wordy bit in the Lobby said. It's not something that happens with any frequency, & hopefully, it won't recur.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good evening fella. Thank you for remembering even if we can't get to the bottom of it.

The only thing worse than getting older is not getting older so even if it creaks at least you are around to hear it!

Kelly sends hugs and kisses