You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's Winter Giveaway - 6 x IPhone 6 for 50 points

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

Earn 50 poker points before midnight tonight & you earn entry into a £2,000 Freeroll on Monday night @ 20.30, with all 6 Final Tablists winning an IPhone 6, as per THIS

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Sunday's Winter Giveaway - 6 x IPhone 6 for 50 points:
    Earn 50 poker points before midnight tonight & you earn entry into a £2,000 Freeroll on Monday night @ 20.30, with all 6 Final Tablists winning an IPhone 6, as per THIS   
    Posted by Tikay10

Quick question Tikay, I played long into this morning, finnished about 3am
    Does the points earned after midnight go into todays points or yesterdays ?
    How can i find out if i have qualified before the event starts ?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Winter Giveaway - 6 x IPhone 6 for 50 points:
    In Response to Sunday's Winter Giveaway - 6 x IPhone 6 for 50 points : Quick question Tikay, I played long into this morning, finnished about 3am Does the points earned after midnight go into todays points or yesterdays ? How can i find out if i have qualified before the event starts ?
    Posted by bludreid11
    hi bluereid, if you go into the "my account" section at the bottom you can set search dates to view the amount of points you've earnt on a certain date/ set of dates, this should clear it up :)
  • edited December 2015

In theory, the answer by RLT16 is absolutely correct.

However, in practice.........

More follows 
  • edited December 2015

Yesterday, in answer to a similar question, for the SATURDAY Challenge, in THIS thread, I wrote....

".....Points for Tournaments that start BEFORE Midnight but finish AFTER Midnight will all be included, which is right & proper.

So in answer to Conor, if a player enters the Main @ 8pm & lasts beyond midnight, they will still get their points.

However, this will mean that the final totals will need to be manually adjusted, which in turn means that the results of this will not be known until Monday, as the manual adjustment process is lengthy, laborious & cumbersome & cannot be done over the weekend. 

For background - the whole of SB&G has a Daily Report which has a midnight cut off. ALL Promos, everything, can then automatically be extracted from that Report. For today's MTT Challenge, it is only right & proper that a manual adjustment is made to reflect actuality, hence the delay in reporting the winners......."

More follows. 
  • edited December 2015

The question is actually so complicated to answer, as in theory, another manual adjustment should be made tomorrow to reverse the manual transfer & put those MTT points which finished after Midnight Saturday back into Sunday, where they would normally reside.

Whether they will do that remains to be seen. Saturday was "player v player", top 50, but today, Sunday, EVERYONE who gets over 50 points (there will be thousands) qualifies for the Freeroll.  

In short, there is a possibility of "double counting".

This is my personal opinion only, I have no way of finding out in time, but players have NO ENTITLEMENT to points being double counted. It might happen though. 

Not sure if that makes sense, but it's quite awkward to explain. 

Officially, you should assume that for MTT's on Saturday that finished after midnight, you were credited for those points on Saturday, for exceptional reasons, & won't get them allocated to Sunday.