You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

coward

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
This has been playing on my mind for the last day yesterday while playing in a bounty hunter I witnessed the most vile insults being said in the Chatbox I had to reread it a number of times just to make sure I was not missing a joke anyway I apologise for not speaking up and it won't happen again

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to coward:
    This has been playing on my mind for the last day yesterday while playing in a bounty hunter I witnessed the most vile insults being said in the Chatbox I had to reread it a number of times just to make sure I was not missing a joke anyway I apologise for not speaking up and it won't happen again
    Posted by weecheez1
    Was a bit drunk last night, was it me?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward:
    In Response to coward : Was a bit drunk last night, was it me?
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Lol no sir this was not drink fuelled it was pure hatred and it was early in the day it was directed at a player who got lucky I think I just feel guilty at not speaking up I love poker and hate bullys drunk or not have a little dignity 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward : Lol no sir this was not drink fuelled it was pure hatred and it was early in the day it was directed at a player who got lucky I think I just feel guilty at not speaking up I love poker and hate bullys drunk or not have a little dignity 
    Posted by weecheez1
    i was lucky enough to play on a table this afternoon a £10 dym and i have to say it was the friendliest table i can remember playing on for a long time.When i mentioned this one player said its the way it should be after all its not life changing sums of money we're playing for.I totally echo his sentiments
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward : Lol no sir this was not drink fuelled it was pure hatred and it was early in the day it was directed at a player who got lucky I think I just feel guilty at not speaking up I love poker and hate bullys drunk or not have a little dignity 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Weecheez don't hesitate to contact customer support to report it next time. I've had loads of grief aimed at me in my short time of playing. I got good back up though ;)

If I see aggro and nasty chat I usually step in and challenge them. Better report so doesn't happen to other players. Trouble is people get so caught up in the game, they cannot take the bad beats. It's a game it happens, learn to get over it and move on.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward : Weecheez don't hesitate to contact customer support to report it next time. I've had loads of grief aimed at me in my short time of playing. I got good back up though ;) If I see aggro and nasty chat I usually step in and challenge them. Better report so doesn't happen to other players. Trouble is people get so caught up in the game, they cannot take the bad beats. It's a game it happens, learn to get over it and move on.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Thanks angel the thing is I was always brought up never to snitch I would in hindsight or should I say should have said something there and then but onwards and upwards congrats on your win last night
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward : Thanks angel the thing is I was always brought up never to snitch I would in hindsight or should I say should have said something there and then but onwards and upwards congrats on your win last night
    Posted by weecheez1
    It's not snitching what so ever. So was I but sometimes it needs to be stamped on. If not they will go on to abuse other players too. You know there's never aggro when I'm on a table and have fun. Ty for that wee hope you win again soon.
  • edited December 2015

Hi Bud, I get a bit of abuse at times, most of it sectarian, as you can probably guess because of my alias.

I chose this alias, because I'm of the age to remember all the way back to 1967.  The Lisbon lions and indeed Busby babes were legends in my eyes.

Some people however decide in their wisdom that my alias means theat I am a gun runner for the Irish Republican Army, a paedophile priest, an Irish gypsy...and so on. Indeed, just this week, on a PLO8 table, a player came on accused me of being an Irish Republican Army sympathiser, based on my alias alone.  He had never been on a PLO8 table before, and I haven't seen him since.  It was microstakes, so may have just bought in to give me stick. who knows. You don't usually get this sort of stuff on the PLO8 tables.

The bile that people put in the chatbox never ceases to amaze me, but I'm pretty thick skinned, and also, over the years, have become pretty adept at defending myself in the chatbox, without resorting to any abusiveness.

I've never felt the need to report it to customer care, like you probably brought up in the same ethos.

Anyway good luck in your PLO8 games.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi Bud, I get a bit of abuse at times, most of it sectarian, as you can probably guess because of my alias. I chose this alias, because I'm of the age to remember all the way back to 1967.  The Lisbon lions and indeed Busby babes were legends in my eyes. Some people however decide in their wisdom that my alias means theat I am a gun runner for the Irish Republican Army, a paedophile priest, an Irish gypsy...and so on. Indeed, just this week, on a PLO8 table, a player came on accused me of being an Irish Republican Army sympathiser, based on my alias alone.  He had never been on a PLO8 table before, and I haven't seen him since.  It was microstakes, so may have just bought in to give me stick. who knows. You don't usually get this sort of stuff on the PLO8 tables. The bile that people put in the chatbox never ceases to amaze me, but I'm pretty thick skinned, and also, over the years, have become pretty adept at defending myself in the chatbox, without resorting to any abusiveness. I've never felt the need to report it to customer care, like you probably brought up in the same ethos. Anyway good luck in your PLO8 games.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Craig, I never thought about anything like that with your alias. To me you are and always will be arfur. Anyone gives you aggro then they gotta go through me ;) hahaha.

You know me I have a laugh and a joke but hate people flaming and stuff on the tables. I always will be there for my friends. Even those that would never have thought would have put a cross word in the chat box soon apologise if i'm on the table.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: coward : Craig, I never thought about anything like that with your alias. To me you are and always will be arfur. Anyone gives you aggro then they gotta go through me ;) hahaha. You know me I have a laugh and a joke but hate people flaming and stuff on the tables. I always will be there for my friends. Even those that would never have thought would have put a cross word in the chat box soon apologise if i'm on the table.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Thanks Olive, nice to have a guardian Angel looking out for me.
  • edited December 2015
    An if,
     you know ,

your history..
  • edited December 2015

Mumsies always know best.