You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A couple of things i would appreciate if skypoker did

edited December 2015 in Feedback & Suggestions
Why can't they just improve the lobby? literally copy and paste the pokerstars lobby into the system. The tournament lobby is far too limited please change this by having a more detailed filter for tournaments. am i the only one that's feeling put off playing tournaments here because the other sites seem to have a more slick and easy to navigate lobby theme?

i never post here so apologies if this is in the wrong section or if there's a thread about this sort of stuff out there.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    TBH the lobbies are one of the things i like most about sky. it is easy to what kind of stakes you want to play and wether you want to play Bh's, normal games, satelittes or free rolls. 
  • edited December 2015
    I really dislike the Stars lobby, find it far too cluttered and awkward to find what you want.

But each to their own.
  • edited December 2015
    Stars lobby is perfect tbf if you use the filters to their max, it's only as cluttered as you let it be, but I wouldn't expect Sky to contend with that.

One thing that would be great that's been suggested for years would be the ability to filter stuff OUT rather than filter one thing IN. 

Like there are probably 2-3 times more satellites every night than there are MTTs, they clutter up the lobby if you don't want to play satellites, so you might want to view everything except satellites but you can't. I'd imagine that would be the most common thing that people would want to do (that they can't do now).

You can either view satellites only, OR 'regular' only which seems a redundant category because most MTTs are BHs and the 'regular' tab still includes some BHs anyway lol, OR you can choose BHs only but that would miss out freezeouts/roller etc.

It's probably a big job to have a total overhaul of the lobby to allow filtering stuff out but it should be easy enough to change the existing filters. Can just have...

MTTs (which is EVERYTHING except satellites)
    UKOPS
    UKPC
    Satellites
    Timed
    Freerolls
  • edited December 2015
    Please no I detest the pokerstars lobby!

Keep it as it is sky pls.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Hi LOLMTTS. How are you today? I am Tikay.

As you can see from the posts above, Sky Poker really do have a job on their hands to make everyone happy. It's impossible, isn't it? 

Anyway, I'll take this thread upstairs. 

I think I already know what the response will be, though. 

"TIKAY, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE TOLD YOU TO STOP SENDING THESE THREADS UP HERE? WE CAN'T JUST COPY POKERSTARS' LOBBY AND IT'S MORE DIFFICULT TO CREATE NEW FILTERS THAN THESE PEOPLE THINK IT IS. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE US ALONE, TIKAY? WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM?"

"Ok, master. I will tell them it's in the queue."

Hi everyone. Unfortunately, due to priorities, it isn't likely to be introduced this century. 

At the end of the day, what would you rather have - a more effective lobby or mobile poker? 

It's a pickle, it is...
  • edited December 2015
    As Paul says being able to filter stuff in would be great.

The filter for game type (all, ukops, ukpc, regular, bh etc) above the tournamnt window and the filter for stake below the tournament window - make them so that you can select more than one option and it would be job done the lobby would be perfect IMO

Oh I'd also like a filter to exclude "all in" sats and rebuys :)

To be fair to the opening poster though I really didnt like the tournaments lobby to begin with, just had too many tournaments listed that I just wasnt interested in but couldnt really filter out. It wasnt until I learnt the schedule more and knew the tournaments I like to play did I get used to it more.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to A couple of things i would appreciate if skypoker did:
    Why can't they just improve the lobby? literally copy and paste the pokerstars lobby into the system. The tournament lobby is far too limited please change this by having a more detailed filter for tournaments. am i the only one that's feeling put off playing tournaments here because the other sites seem to have a more slick and easy to navigate lobby theme? i never post here so apologies if this is in the wrong section or if there's a thread about this sort of stuff out there.
    Posted by LOLMTTS
    Morning.

I've sent you a PM.

I also moved the thread to "Feedback" which is the correct section, & in line with your suggestion.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: A couple of things i would appreciate if skypoker did:
    Stars lobby is perfect tbf if you use the filters to their max, it's only as cluttered as you let it be, but I wouldn't expect Sky to contend with that. One thing that would be great that's been suggested for years would be the ability to filter stuff OUT rather than filter one thing IN.  Like there are probably 2-3 times more satellites every night than there are MTTs, they clutter up the lobby if you don't want to play satellites, so you might want to view everything except satellites but you can't. I'd imagine that would be the most common thing that people would want to do (that they can't do now). You can either view satellites only , OR 'regular' only which seems a redundant category because most MTTs are BHs and the 'regular' tab still includes some BHs anyway lol, OR you can choose BHs only but that would miss out freezeouts/roller etc. It's probably a big job to have a total overhaul of the lobby to allow filtering stuff out but it should be easy enough to change the existing filters. Can just have... MTTs (which is EVERYTHING except satellites) UKOPS UKPC Satellites Timed Freerolls
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

Some of these are actually a little easier than a complete Lobby redesign, though I don't see them happening straight away, & may take a while to come to fruition, but the comments are noted.

PS - Well done last night.

• edited December 2015
    As lambert said he ability to filter stuff out is very important in my opinion too. you have sattellights in the lobby that you simply can't rid. The status bar should be replaced with a 'Start Time' bar, i think that would make it easier to navigate. On the posative note i do like the information box that you have on each tournament especially the time down clock. I don't think copy and pasting stars would be simple or even necisarry as you have different traffic/less mtts. I just think you should maybe look to these sites as an example to what the future of online poker themes should be directed towards as they are the leaders of the online poker industry. 

Obviously some people disagree and like how things are as it is so if you do end up making these changes maybe have a trial run and see how people react to the new changes. This is just my humble opinion so apologies if i come across as critical and out of my place/depth on the topic. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: A couple of things i would appreciate if skypoker did:
    As lambert said he ability to filter stuff out is very important in my opinion too. you have sattellights in the lobby that you simply can't rid. The status bar should be replaced with a 'Start Time' bar, i think that would make it easier to navigate. On the posative note i do like the information box that you have on each tournament especially the time down clock. I don't think copy and pasting stars would be simple or even necisarry as you have different traffic/less mtts. I just think you should maybe look to these sites as an example to what the future of online poker themes should be directed towards as they are the leaders of the online poker industry.  Obviously some people disagree and like how things are as it is so if you do end up making these changes maybe have a trial run and see how people react to the new changes. This is just my humble opinion so apologies if i come across as critical and out of my place/depth on the topic. 
    Posted by LOLMTTS
    Hi again, & apologies for the late reply, I have memory issues.

No need to apologise, Sky Poker appreciate constructive feedback, especially when, as with you, it is balanced. 

Sky Poker certainly won't be copying the 'Stars Lobby, for the reasons I explained to you in my PM, but Feedback is genuinely appreciated. 

Things often take a while to get done round here, or it seems that way. Fact is, the interests & wish lists of the Players, & The Business, don't always align. It was, & will, always be so.

Probably a good time to mention something which is becoming quite the thing these days, which is that the players often think - sometimes correctly - that they know better than The Business as to how to run a poker site.

I always think of that this way. 

If the Sky Poker Suits tried to mix it up at the poker table with you boys, how do you think they'd get on? Correct, they'd get battered. Try debating with them the merits of 3 betting the button with J-10 suited when playing deep, their eyes would glaze over. It's not what they do, & they'd make quite the fool of themselves. So feedback is helpful, of course it is.

Equally, they really understand how to run a poker site, all the back office things that are needed to keep it ticking over nicely. We can all have a moan about Promos, but try coming up with 2 or 3 new ones EVERY month. Easy, it ain't. It's a complex beast, much more so than most think. Sky Poker continues to grow, despite a declining overall market, so they can't be complete fools, imo.

I think both sides of the Table need to respect each other, & show some tolerance to stuff which might not be to their liking. Always better to try to work together, & move forward together. The Business has never, & will never, be rude to players on here. Players - or a few of them - think it's fine to be rude to The Business & it's Staff. How is that ever right & proper?

Anyway, I hope you hang around, it's always good to see new players here.