You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
Just played the first all in for the ukpc final and that did not happen.  You had the opportunity to fold.  So unfair.  Should we not get a refund??????????

Comments

• edited December 2015
    same for the next one whats going on???????????
  • edited December 2015
    same for the next one whats going on???????????
  • edited December 2015
    This has happened a few times before, they must have forgot to set them to all in... Definitely not unfair though as they were all in sats in the first place so pure luck needed, the fact they arent all in just means people dealt out of the blinds have an advantage and the seat draw itself is pure luck. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL:
    Just played the first all in for the ukpc final and that did not happen.  You had the opportunity to fold.  So unfair.  Should we not get a refund??????????
    Posted by karlluke
    Evening Tina,

It looks like these were not set up properly, apologies. 

I can address it in the morning with the office, & get an answer for you, but there's nothing I can do tonight I'm afraid.

If you don't wish to wait until the morning, please speak to Customer Care.
  • edited December 2015
    i actually preferred it this way haha
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by karlluke
    I agree with you Karlluke - if I'd wanted to play a mega turbo game with no all in compulsory for everyone I'd have played a diff game.  The reason I like the all ins is that everyone HAS TO go all in - irrespective of whether you have 2 3 offsuit or AA - (mind you usually the 2 3 will win lol).  
  • edited December 2015
    They are good fun.
    I played one a month or so ago.
    I enjoyed it so much i played a bunch of them. I didnt win any, i did try to fold my way to victory but didnt pull it off.
  • edited December 2015
    I honestly thought this version was significantly more enjoyable and fun. It's still essentially just luck but you have a little bit of power over when you want to take your chance, with the blinds inevitably coming to put you in with any two. Really enjoyed it despite my lack of success.
    I feel like the grounds for a refund are pretty slim, it was the same for everyone and like all other all ins, just about luck
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by karlluke
    Morning Tina,

Am unsure what caused this, but it was a one-off, & is unlikely to recur.

There are no current plans to refund the entrants, as the Sats still produced a winner, & it was the same for everyone. If you are unhappy with this, you'll need to speak to Customer Care.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL:
    In Response to UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : Morning Tina, Am unsure what caused this, but it was a one-off, & is unlikely to recur.   There are no current plans to refund the entrants, as the Sats still produced a winner, & it was the same for everyone. If you are unhappy with this, you'll need to speak to Customer Care.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I contacted customer support who say there was nothing wrong last night. 
  • edited December 2015

^^^^

Well that puts me in a spot, & I'm not really encouraged to discuss what they say on this Forum, but there was a problem, that's not in dispute in my opinion.  

What the Suits informed me was that there was a problem as described by Tina, but it affected all players equally, & they had decided that refunds were not appropriate on this occasion.

I can't really discuss this further on the Community, so I'm afraid you'd need to go back to CC if you want to pursue it further.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I can't, sorry.  

• edited December 2015
    ^^^^ Well that puts me in a spot, & I'm not really encouraged to discuss what they say on this Forum, but there was a problem, that's not in dispute in my opinion.   What the Suits informed me was that there was a problem as described by Tina, but it affected all players equally, & they had decided that refunds were not appropriate on this occasion.   I can't really discuss this further on the Community, so I'm afraid you'd need to go back to CC if you want to pursue it further.   I wish I could be more helpful, but I can't, sorry.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks tk for your help. As you say it did produce a winner but other players say it was still the same but it was not if you were in the big blind straight away.  However, i am not going to moan at least the suits admit it was a problem as customer care say it was not. Just get it right next time. thanks
  • edited December 2015
    ^^^^ Well that puts me in a spot, & I'm not really encouraged to discuss what they say on this Forum, but there was a problem, that's not in dispute in my opinion.   What the Suits informed me was that there was a problem as described by Tina, but it affected all players equally, & they had decided that refunds were not appropriate on this occasion.   I can't really discuss this further on the Community, so I'm afraid you'd need to go back to CC if you want to pursue it further.   I wish I could be more helpful, but I can't, sorry.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply. A true gentleman and of course i nor anyone else expect you to get involved is such matters.For the suits, The point of this type of comp is to enter and go away. Its like buying a raffle ticket and finding out after the draw that you had to be present to win it. This has encouraged me to put pen to paper on the other matter. As to the wasting my 15 mins this morning, I shall reciprocate in kind to the power of 10 as prescribed by my old grandpa tomorrow.Let the festive frivolities begin.....
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : thanks tk for your help. As you say it did produce a winner but other players say it was still the same but it was not if you were in the big blind straight away.  However, i am not going to moan at least the suits admit i t  was a problem as customer care say it was not. Just get it right next time. thanks
    Posted by karlluke
    had you decided to reg a few then nip to shops tine you woud not have had a chance to win !!!!  so in my opinion the tourney was not equal at all

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : thanks tk for your help. As you say it did produce a winner but other players say it was still the same but it was not if you were in the big blind straight away.  However, i am not going to moan at least the suits admit i t  was a problem as customer care say it was not. Just get it right next time. thanks
    Posted by karlluke
    Thanks Tina.

And yes, hopefully it will not happen again. Mistakes are always going to happen, they just are, but the Business do try to be very fair in sorting them out in a reasonable manner.

Now, whilst I have your attention.....

Do you remember, back in the day, when we used to play the Southern poker events, especially at Southend, that player called "Disco Dave", aka Dave Welch? Was quite well known for throwing a strop when he took a beat. 

Well he is a dance teacher when not playing poker, & he recently appeared on Britain's Got Talent, as part of "Old Men Grooving".

The boy cuts more dance floor moves than me.....(he's the one sporting the blue woolie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggswWVZ8zKA
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : had you decided to reg a few then nip to shops tine you woud not have had a chance to win !!!!  so in my opinion the tourney was not equal at all
    Posted by simopeters
    You would have!!!! because the BB & SB are still all in on their blinds.

This is hardly worth kicking a fuss over chaps 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : Thanks for the reply. A true gentleman and of course i nor anyone else expect you to get involved is such matters.For the suits, The point of this type of comp is to enter and go away. Its like buying a raffle ticket and finding out after the draw that you had to be present to win it. This has encouraged me to put pen to paper on the other matter. As to the wasting my 15 mins this morning, I shall reciprocate in kind to the power of 10 as prescribed by my old grandpa tomorrow.Let the festive frivolities begin.....
    Posted by CxE1
    Thanks Mr J, the personal comments are appreciated. My shoes get quite uncomfy at times.

Hope you & especially Shreya have a wonderful Xmas. For a 10 year old (?) young lady, Xmas must be the best thing ever.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : Thanks Mr J, the personal comments are appreciated. My shoes get quite uncomfy at times. Hope you & especially Shreya have a wonderful Xmas. For a 10 year old (?) young lady, Xmas must be the best thing ever.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Shreya has already given me her wish list, two a4 pieces of paper fully completed,both sides. And she's not the worry. The other loves of my life turn 18 and 21 over xmas. It's not bad enough i worry constantly what they get up to, I now have to provide them with the latest & most expensive technology for their birthdays. which once received will be taken straight to the bedroom and a sign posted DO NOT ENTER. I fear the only way to communicate with my daughters next year will be by email. I console myself that the remortgaging for presents will be worth it. Look at it as an investment, they can learn to play poker and with the winnings they can look after me in my old age. The response to these 2 thought are met with no way...and hell NO WAY.
    So people, be gentle when taking my money this festive season....as my neighbour calls me "abu el banat"
  • edited December 2015

^^^

Good grief.

The pleasures & pains of parenthood. You love it really.......
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : Thanks Tina. And yes, hopefully it will not happen again. Mistakes are always going to happen, they just are, but the Business do try to be very fair in sorting them out in a reasonable manner. Now, whilst I have your attention..... Do you remember, back in the day, when we used to play the Southern poker events, especially at Southend, that player called "Disco Dave", aka Dave Welch? Was quite well known for throwing a strop when he took a beat.  Well he is a dance teacher when not playing poker, & he recently appeared on Britain's Got Talent, as part of "Old Men Grooving". The boy cuts more dance floor moves than me.....(he's the one sporting the blue woolie)    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggswWVZ8zKA
    Posted by Tikay10

yes i did see him in that he was very good, did you know he helped train diversity when they won.  I still play poker with him but he does not play as often.  Also, in the final if you look at the background people there are  two other poker players he persuaded to join him. lol
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : Thanks Tina. And yes, hopefully it will not happen again. Mistakes are always going to happen, they just are, but the Business do try to be very fair in sorting them out in a reasonable manner. Now, whilst I have your attention..... Do you remember, back in the day, when we used to play the Southern poker events, especially at Southend, that player called "Disco Dave", aka Dave Welch? Was quite well known for throwing a strop when he took a beat.  Well he is a dance teacher when not playing poker, & he recently appeared on Britain's Got Talent, as part of "Old Men Grooving". The boy cuts more dance floor moves than me.....(he's the one sporting the blue woolie)    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggswWVZ8zKA
    Posted by Tikay10

yes i did see him in that he was very good, did you know he helped train diversity when they won.  I still play poker with him but he does not play as often.  Also, in the final if you look at the background people there are  two other poker players he persuaded to join him. lol
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : yes i did see him in that he was very good, did you know he helped train diversity when they won.  I still play poker with him but he does not play as often.  Also, in the final if you look at the background people there are  two other poker players he persuaded to join him. lol
    Posted by karlluke
    I spotted Steve O'Keefe, correct? Who was the other one?

"diversity"? Who or what is that?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UNFAIR ALL IN FOR UKPC FINAL : I spotted Steve O'Keefe, correct? Who was the other one? "diversity"? Who or what is that?
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOT

yes thats correct it was steve and dave pearlman.  He does not play that much now.  Diversity are a dance troupe who won britains got talent a few years before.  lol