You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's live Sky Poker Grudge Match on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Looking forward to it. Love these shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Afternoon all!
    We're live again tonight on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm with another...

And of course, if you don't have Sky Sports then it'll be on YouTube in 7 days time. 
    Last week's show, along with all the other ones can be seen here.
    And here's tonight's fight card...
                  ----------------------------------------------- Ladieeeeeees and gentlemennnnnnnnnn!
    It's... 
    THE HITMAN VERSUS THE PITMAN!
    Your MC...                                                                      

Me!@richard_orford
    In the pro corner...                                                              

Mr. Channing!
    @SenseiChanning

Versus... In the celebrity corner...

The anchorman of Sky Sports' Formula One coverage- Simon Lazenby!@SimonLazenbySky

And your referee...            

Father Christmas!

Tweet those messages to #skypokertv 

and see you ringside at 10pm!

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's live Sky Poker Grudge Match on Sky Sports 4 at 10pm:
    Looking forward to it. Love these shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Ty Elliot.

Could be a noisy one with Tikay and Neil on tonight... 
  • edited December 2015
    Great show very funny looked like it was a bunch of mates down the local keep up the good work
  • edited December 2015

Really appreciate the kind words guys.

It's so hard to make these shows please everyone.

At the end of the day we want something that promotes Sky Poker but it also has to do so within the strict broadcasting guidelines. We'd like to appeal mostly to new players who might see the show and try Sky Poker, so that means attempting to appeal to existing Sky Sports viewers and getting them to try poker rather than making something that poker fans will want to rush to Sky Sports for. We need to make it entertaining to a general audience who may not know too much about poker while appreciating that we have many regular viewers who are actually pretty expert and knowledgeable about poker. We'd like to get the celebrities on who are likely to bring viewers to the show without having to pay them a fortune, so we'd like famous people who maybe aren't so bothered about getting paid a fortune but who just think it looks fun. We need celebrities who have some experience of playing poker so they can manage to play under pressure on the show while they are chatting and having fun.

It's not all that easy to tick every box but we are trying.
  • edited December 2015
    Richard - if you are monitoring this thread you may wish to see who your opponent is in the HUFA Cup.

Tikay and Mr Channing may remember that competition, although it is a while since they were involved.

Sorry I cannot match your production values but at least it is available on youtube without waiting a week for it.

GL with the show and your next match.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's live Sky Poker Grudge Match on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm:
     Really appreciate the kind words guys.  It's so hard to make these shows please everyone.  At the end of the day we want something that promotes Sky Poker but it also has to do so within the strict broadcasting guidelines. We'd like to appeal mostly to new players who might see the show and try Sky Poker, so that means attempting to appeal to existing Sky Sports viewers and getting them to try poker rather than making something that poker fans will want to rush to Sky Sports for. We need to make it entertaining to a general audience who may not know too much about poker while appreciating that we have many regular viewers who are actually pretty expert and knowledgeable about poker. We'd like to get the celebrities on who are likely to bring viewers to the show without having to pay them a fortune, so we'd like famous people who maybe aren't so bothered about getting paid a fortune but who just think it looks fun. We need celebrities who have some experience of playing poker so they can manage to play under pressure on the show while they are chatting and having fun.  It's not all that easy to tick every box but we are trying.
    Posted by NChanning

I think you do a very good job.

I'm not new to poker (unless 2008 is considered 'new') and I watch just about every poker show that's transmitted. I like a bias towards entertainment - interesting people having a laugh/giving me a laugh. So keep it up!

Have a great Christmas.

PS - Wayne Mardle would probably fit right in ;-)

• edited December 2015
    Tuned in and Cricket is on.

Has Mr Orford made a day/date related error?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's live Sky Poker Grudge Match on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm:
    Tuned in and Cricket is on. Has Mr Orford made a day/date related error?
    Posted by Phantom66
    No, check the date of his Post.

• edited December 2015
    Aha

so it's me who is the numpty

You could have corrected me in chat before I posted here though tikay.
  • edited December 2015
    Aha so it's me who is the numpty You could have corrected me in chat before I posted here though tikay.
    Posted by Phantom66

Neve saw it discussed in chat, sorry. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's live Sky Poker Grudge Match on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm : Neve saw it discussed in chat, sorry. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    no probs - you were quiet while me and ger were rabbiting away.
  • edited December 2015
    Didn't catch it this week but the one before with Darren Campbell was brilliant. Perfect guest, very confident talking and playing, interesting stories and Channing was on too. Looked like everyone was having good fun. Top work.
  • edited January 2016

I've enjoyed all of them so far but that one might have been my favourite. Thanks for the kind words.