You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........?

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

An odd one - you have to guess how many hands are dealt today (Thursday 17th December) on Sky Poker.

You will need a Twitter Account, & to "FOLLOW" @Sky Poker.

Then, you post your guess using @SkyPoker, with the hashtag "#skypokerhands"

No entries will be accepted after 9pm this evening.

Closest to the correct number wins an IPhone 6.  

Comments

• edited December 2015

Please note, you can ONLY enter via Twitter.

If you don't have a Twitter account, it is free & easy to join, & costs nothing.

Not everyone likes or wants Twitter, of course, which is fair enough, but if so, today's Challenge won't be accessible for you. 

I'm unsure how a link is established between your Twitter name & alias, & your Sky Poker screen-name, but I'll try & find out.  
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........?:
    Please note, you can ONLY enter via Twitter.   If you don't have a Twitter account, it is free & easy to join, & costs nothing. Not everyone likes or wants Twitter, of course, which is fair enough, but if so, today's Challenge won't be accessible for you.  I'm unsure how a link is established between your Twitter name & alias, & your Sky Poker screen-name, but I'll try & find out.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay.

I do not have a problem with the accessibility of this promotion. I have so far resisted the urge to have a personal twitter account and will not be entering.

The Winter Giveaway is a fantastic promotion and they are so varied. Some days are accessible to everyone and some favour a section of the community - overall it is very balanced and everyone gets more than one shot at something.

The lack of a link between a twitter account and your poker id is a potential problem though.

We all have a unique sky poker id and screen name. We all have an email linked to that identity. We can chose to link a mobile phone number to our poker id. Unless there is an option to add a single twitter id that you wish to have associated with your poker id, then this kind of promotion is open to abuse.

What is to stop anyone registering 100 different twitter aliases and making multiple entries?

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........? : Hi Tikay. I do not have a problem with the accessibility of this promotion. I have so far resisted the urge to have a personal twitter account and will not be entering. The Winter Giveaway is a fantastic promotion and they are so varied. Some days are accessible to everyone and some favour a section of the community - overall it is very balanced and everyone gets more than one shot at something. The lack of a link between a twitter account and your poker id is a potential problem though. We all have a unique sky poker id and screen name. We all have an email linked to that identity. We can chose to link a mobile phone number to our poker id. Unless there is an option to add a single twitter id that you wish to have associated with your poker id, then this kind of promotion is open to abuse. What is to stop anyone registering 100 different twitter aliases and making multiple entries?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hi Phantom,

That's a good question, & I did raise several similar questions with the Office this morning, as I wanted to forestall any such questions.

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to divulge the details, but they have a cunning plan to prevent that getting through. 

• edited December 2015

Not on twitter either, alternative comp.

How many old fossils on Skypoker have not signed up to twitter, here's a clue...

It's more than 1
  • edited December 2015
    Not on twitter either, alternative comp. How many old fossils on Skypoker have not signed up to twitter, here's a clue... It's more than 1
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Macacgirl?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........?:
    An odd one - you have to guess how many hands are dealt today (Thursday 17th December) on Sky Poker. You will need a Twitter Account, & to "FOLLOW" @Sky Poker. Then, you post your guess using @SkyPoker, with the hashtag "#skypokerhands" No entries will be accepted after 9pm this evening. Closest to the correct number wins an IPhone 6.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Usually there is a 'for example there were xxxxx amount dealt yesterday' or this time last week etc.

Seeming as its a twitter comp I'll # it ; )

#clueplease

#greatcomp

#wintergiveaway

#Tikayforknighthood

#thanks;)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........? : Usually there is a 'for example there were xxxxx amount dealt yesterday' or this time last week etc. Seeming as its a twitter comp I'll # it ; ) #clueplease #greatcomp #wintergiveaway #Tikayforknighthood #thanks;)
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    If you go to Twitter & enter "#skypokerhands" into the search box you would, I assume, see all the answers already suggested today......
  • edited December 2015
    #what's twitter #I'm not old #8833
  • edited December 2015
    double # what's an iphone
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........?:
    An odd one - you have to guess how many hands are dealt today (Thursday 17th December) on Sky Poker. You will need a Twitter Account, & to "FOLLOW" @Sky Poker. Then, you post your guess using @SkyPoker, with the hashtag "#skypokerhands" No entries will be accepted after 9pm this evening. Closest to the correct number wins an IPhone 6.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Please tell me it is 1 twitter per account, please.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........? :   Please tell me it is 1 twitter per account, please.
    Posted by EmperorSex
    Baldrick has a plan. 
  • edited December 2015

hi tikay,

there are several who have posted more than one guess.  will all their guesses be disqualified, will only the first guess be valid, or something else?

can you check with baldrick please before there's a fight?  a fight more fierce than a fierce thing.

thanks

• edited December 2015
    hi tikay, there are several who have posted more than one guess.  will all their guesses be disqualified, will only the first guess be valid, or something else? can you check with baldrick please before there's a fight?  a fight more fierce than a fierce thing. thanks
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi Rob,

I am assured that this will be policed properly. I did ask the question, and did receive the reassurance.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........? : Hi Rob, I am assured that this will be policed properly. I did ask the question, and did receive the reassurance.
    Posted by Tikay10

ok, thanks.

• edited December 2015

Anyone got any idea of how Boldricks cunning plans usually pan out?
  • edited December 2015
    Anyone got any idea of how Boldricks cunning plans usually pan out?
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Boom boom boom, boom boom boom......
  • edited December 2015
    So how many?

s) Hands were there?
    b) Unique verified entrants?

and...

c) Who won?

#justasking
  • edited December 2015
    Hi all,

347,158 hands were dealt throughout yesterday. Our social team will be going through the entries and the winner will be posted on our winners page shortly.

• edited December 2015
    Hi all, 347,158 hands were dealt throughout yesterday. Our social team will be going through the entries and the winner will be posted on our winners page shortly.
    Posted by Sky_Mark
    Just a thought will there be anything happening when the hand counter reaches 1000 000 000 it seems like a good spot for a promotion 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Winter Giveaway - how many..........? : Just a thought will there be anything happening when the hand counter reaches 1000 000 000 it seems like a good spot for a promotion 
    Posted by weecheez1
    You'll need to wait & see on that Cheezy. It has been known for Sky Poker to celebrate "Milestone hands".  
  • edited December 2015