You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tables Crashing

Often when I try to open up new tables when i already have 15 or more tables open the poker client crashes mid hand costing me whatever money i have invested, this is a problem i know other players have aswell. Any chance you guys could look into this , its really annoying, ty. 

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Tables Crashing:
    Often when I try to open up new tables when i already have 15 or more tables open the poker client crashes mid hand costing me whatever money i have invested, this is a problem i know other players have aswell. Any chance you guys could look into this , its really annoying, ty. 
    Posted by The_Fishhh
    15 tabling & they all crash, yup, that's got to be annoying.

They are going to need a bit more info before they can even try to diagnose the possible reasons though - do you have any other info to assist?

Do they all come back quickly, in 30 seconds, or 10 minutes? Do the tables slow down or freeze before it crashes? You are on the Download, presumably?

The more info you can provide, the more chance they have of understanding it & trying to assist.

Soon as you respond, I'll pass it to the techies.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Tables Crashing:
    Posted by The_Fishhh

Has the download client 'memory leak' problem ever been resolved? I pointed it out a few times during the last 12-18 months or so, but I've not re-tested it recently.

With that many tables running, and say 6gb-8gb RAM, the DC will crash after a few hours *if* that problem is still present. I may try it later when I'm back at my base.

* Memory Leak is where the program gradually eats up all available memory and then terminates when it's all used up. The more tables/less RAM the quicker it happens.

• edited December 2015
    Couple of quick tests performed - Latest DC client with latest Adobe Air updates applied.

Still seems to be a bit leaky. Able to kill off my client well within one hour.

I only have 6Gb total RAM, and was utilizing quite a lot at the time due to some work related sessions running, so death was quick during these tests. Tables respond fine until death.

14:00 - 15 tables launched (observing only). Physical memory used after launch = 69%. Skypoker.exe using ~830,000K. Time of death 14:40. Skypoker.exe using ~1,236,000 (77%). Skypoker.exe terminated abnormally ending all sessions.

15:00 - 15 tables launched (observing only). Physical memory used after launch = 70%. Skypoker.exe using ~820,000K. Time of death 15:35. Skypoker.exe using ~1,207,000 (77%). Skypoker.exe terminated abnormally ending all sessions.

Event log dump sample below.

Obviously if I started with more physical memory free or fewer tables running concurrently then failure would take longer.

---------------------------------------Sample Dump----------------------------------------
    Faulting application name: SkyPoker.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5609a3e3
    Faulting module name: WebKit.dll, version: 6531.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x5609a0b0
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000b98d
    Faulting process id: 0x27b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1399c5e8c6015
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SkyPoker\SkyPoker.exe
    Faulting module path: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\WebKit.dll
    Report Id: 620b3f16-a595-11e5-9dba-e840f2490e78

• edited December 2015

Thanks for posting the above.

I thought my issues in my thread about lobbies may be memory linked. I will try and test my pc out later tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Not being computer savvy though....where do i begin? I need a idiots guide Elliot.....help ;) Finding RAM capacity out etc

Quite amazed that the boffins at Sky Poker haven't tested this stuff out, but as I was informed this week, their end doesn't get these problems. If they test on massive servers I suppose not.

• edited December 2015
    Arfternoon Alan. 

You can get a lot of information from Windows Task Manager, including total RAM/free RAM/how much is used by individual processes (such as Skypoker.exe - the download client).

The apparent leaky issue may be out of Sky's control. Developers are often reliant on various third party software, such as Adobe Air for example, which may have problems that can only be rectified by that provider. It's long been a problem, particularly in the 'Windows' environment. You can write the slickest code in the world but once you make one call to a third party routine (or API) then you're at their mercy! I quit programming in the early 90s because I couldn't be bothered with these environments - I was used to doing everything myself and being in control. 
    End of mostly irrelevant waffle ;-)

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tables Crashing:
    In Response to Tables Crashing : 15 tabling & they all crash, yup, that's got to be annoying. They are going to need a bit more info before they can even try to diagnose the possible reasons though - do you have any other info to assist? Do they all come back quickly, in 30 seconds, or 10 minutes? Do the tables slow down or freeze before it crashes? You are on the Download, presumably? The more info you can provide, the more chance they have of understanding it & trying to assist.   Soon as you respond, I'll pass it to the techies.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tikay, yeah basially this usually happens when a new table is opening it seems to crash the client, not particularly computer savvy so unsure whether this is related to my computers RAM capabilities
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Tables Crashing:
    In Response to Tables Crashing : 15 tabling & they all crash, yup, that's got to be annoying. They are going to need a bit more info before they can even try to diagnose the possible reasons though - do you have any other info to assist? Do they all come back quickly, in 30 seconds, or 10 minutes? Do the tables slow down or freeze before it crashes? You are on the Download, presumably? The more info you can provide, the more chance they have of understanding it & trying to assist.   Soon as you respond, I'll pass it to the techies.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tikay, yeah basially this usually happens when a new table is opening it seems to crash the client, not particularly computer savvy so unsure whether this is related to my computers RAM capabilities
  • edited December 2015
    Same thing happens to me. Randomly as a new table opens usually all the tables freeze and i have to reset sky, so frustrating when it happens and costly