You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday's WG - Let's Sit & Go.

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

Bit of a toughie today - top three SNG points earners by midnight tonight each win an IPad Mini.

VBOL.

Comments

• edited December 2015

Quick reminder that if you are in a SNG which runs "through" midnight tonight, the points will count for tomorrow, but NOT for today.

See T & C's.....

If a session where a player is accumulating points is carried over midnight, the points accrued will be allocated the following day, so will not count towards the day of that daily challenge or promotion.

• edited December 2015

I'll be multitabling 32 PLO8 DYMs all day.
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Saturday's WG - Let's Sit & Go.:
    I'll be mutitabling 32 PLO8 DYMs all day.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Ha. Us PLO8 boys have no chance.

I described myself as "smallball" a day or two ago, & I am, though it's all relative.

I surprised myself yesterday though, when I realised that, on average, I invest around £150 to £200 every session, which is far more than I had realised. Fortunately, it's low variance, & I get back all of it, plus a quid or two. And I do mean a quid or two, my profit is extremely svelte-like.  

• edited December 2015
    I surprised myself yesterday though, when I realised that, on average, I invest around £150 to £200 every session

it can be hard to grasp, innit.

a lad in work plays recreationally on stars, so deposits for every session he plays.

i told him i play about 1000 x £30 spin and gos a month and his mouth dropped open: "$30.000 each month you spend on poker?"

i mean i dont even try to explain or hint at total buyins each month to family or the missus after that.
  • edited December 2015
    I surprised myself yesterday though, when I realised that, on average, I invest around £150 to £200 every session it can be hard to grasp, innit. a lad in work plays recreationally on stars, so deposits for every session he plays. i told him i play about 1000 x £30 spin and gos a month and his mouth dropped open: "$30.000 each month you spend on poker?" i mean i dont even try to explain or hint at total buyins each month to family or the missus after that.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Yes, it's a very odd thing, & it only struck me yesterday.

I play something like 750 - 1,000 games per month, & I suppose the average buy-in is about £4 or £5.  As a lump sum, that's eye-popping. I mean, I do a bit of sports betting, but generally £20 or £30 is all I like to bet.

But if someone suggested a £4,000 bet (my monthly poker spend) I'd faint.

In my case, I don't deposit or withdraw, so that helps, I deposited £200, & I leave it there & let it slowly build, & it's around £2,600 now, so that is my reality check. The idea is to win enough to go to Vegas, so I've pencilled the 2035 WSOP in.
  • edited December 2015
    I surprised myself yesterday though, when I realised that, on average, I invest around £150 to £200 every session it can be hard to grasp, innit. a lad in work plays recreationally on stars, so deposits for every session he plays. i told him i play about 1000 x £30 spin and gos a month and his mouth dropped open: "$30.000 each month you spend on poker?" i mean i dont even try to explain or hint at total buyins each month to family or the missus after that.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

I know what you mean. For fun a few years ago when a site gave me a gift for being one of their most valuable players I decided to look up how much I had actually gambled at poker the last year, it was a terrifying number in excess of £1,000,000, so I stopped looking it up in future, that solved it.
  • edited December 2015
    I  i told him i play about 1000 x £30 spin and gos a month and his mouth dropped open: "$30.000 each month you spend on poker?" i mean i dont even try to explain or hint at total buyins each month to family or the missus after that.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Sounds like a lot of money gambling on the computer.  You think your addicted to it?
  • edited December 2015
    i never could resist a spinny wheel thingy...
  • edited December 2015
    i never could resist a spinny wheel thingy...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Teddy have you ever played for the big bucks like when the spiny wheely thingy hits a few 1000
  • edited December 2015
    not mega bucks, have hit one 100x @ 30s though.

was just finishing my session and when i looked at poker tracker i had played 49 games and was up exactly one buyin so i thought may as well flick it in and have a nice round 50 games.

100x came up so guarenteed $300 but winner takes $3000.

managed to take it down.

one week before i was due to fly out to amsterdam too.

was absolutely elated.

• edited December 2015
    not mega bucks, have hit one 100x @ 30s though. was just finishing my session and when i looked at poker tracker i had played 49 games and was up exactly one buyin so i thought may as well flick it in and have a nice round 50 games. 100x came up so guarenteed $300 but winner takes $3000. managed to take it down. one week before i was due to fly out to amsterdam too. was absolutely elated.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    What did you treat yourself to?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Saturday's WG - Let's Sit & Go. : What did you treat yourself to?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    He just went for the craic.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Saturday's WG - Let's Sit & Go. : He just went for the craic.
    Posted by Tikay10
    wp
  • edited December 2015
    hehe twas for the missus birthday.

so whilst i achieved a start of year goal of buying a boss watch with poker winnings, alas its on her wrist.

still, bought me some leeway in terms of grind v home life balance
  • edited December 2015
    hehe twas for the missus birthday. so whilst i achieved a start of year goal of buying a boss watch with poker winnings, alas its on her wrist. still, bought me some leeway in terms of grind v home life balance
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Did you also post topless pictures of yourself in facebook
  • edited December 2015
    haha, back of the net