You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks?

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi looking forward to the upcoming ukops series.  Just briefly had a look through the schedule.

I thought i noticed something odd with 2 identical events. I dont care if its 4000 or 5000 but cant work out why there not both the same.

Saturday 26th december £110 bounty hunter 12 min blinds 4000 chips
Wednesday 30th December £110 bounty hunter 12 min blinds 5000 chips

It just seemed a bit odd to me which made me think there must be a mistake with 1 of them and thought i best post here incase anything is wrong and get it cleared up before the actual series starts.

Comments

• edited December 2015

hi conor. 

it might be because they are different events. 

similarly, if you are called tony you dont have to look exactly like the tony we know. 

celebrate diversity.

merry christmas and a happy ukops

• edited December 2015
    Hi Aussie they are the same events both £110 bounty hunters
  • edited December 2015
    The different stacks will encourage different play in the middle levels. I don't see any reason why they need to be the same.
  • edited December 2015
    There is no good logical reason for them both to be different its not as if 1s a turbo and the other is regular speed there both the same.  Im convinced its an error which needs to be looked at.

Like i said before i couldnt care less if its 5k stacks or 4k stacks but what i do think is important is to have some consistency.
  • edited December 2015
    Kind of a stupid post, just because they have the same buy in doesnt mean they have to have the same structure, starting stack etc. Most people probs havent noticed cause they have better things to do...
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks?:
    Kind of a stupid post, just because they have the same buy in doesnt mean they have to have the same structure, starting stack etc. Most people probs havent noticed cause they have better things to do...
    Posted by GSmith13
    Kind of a stupid reply why even open my thread to read it if you have got so many better things to do lol post!

Merry christmas by the way hopefully see you on the tables.
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by GSmith13
    Such a likeable fellow
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks? : Such a likeable fellow
    Posted by Jac35
    +1 Jac hes such a likable guy and friendly to everyone on the tables!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks? : +1 Jac hes such a likable guy and friendly to everyone on the tables!
    Posted by bearlyther
    I particularly enjoy how he likes to let people know how bad they are. Super strat to give grief to weaker players.
    He wins with such grace and humility 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks? : +1 Jac hes such a likable guy and friendly to everyone on the tables!
    Posted by bearlyther
    Haha im only needling because your such a delight at the tables yourself.
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by GSmith13
    Who are you?
  • edited December 2015

It was pretty funny that night when you were berating players based on their sharkscope asking if they knew who you were lol

Cut it out Jeff!

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks?:
    Hi looking forward to the upcoming ukops series.  Just briefly had a look through the schedule. I thought i noticed something odd with 2 identical events. I dont care if its 4000 or 5000 but cant work out why there not both the same. Saturday 26th december £110 bounty hunter 12 min blinds 4000 chips Wednesday 30th December £110 bounty hunter 12 min blinds 5000 chips It just seemed a bit odd to me which made me think there must be a mistake with 1 of them and thought i best post here incase anything is wrong and get it cleared up before the actual series starts.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Morning Conor.

As you say in the thread, probably an error, & I sent the thread upstairs yesterday afternoon so should hear back this morning. Props to you for checking the structures of 41 different events, proper research that.

If I can be Devil's advocate for a moment, in a thread which got surprisingly heated over what is to someone like me, something quite trivial, why is it so important that they both have an identical structure? As long as all players have the same structure, might it not add a bit of variety?

Not suggesting it was done deliberately, obv, & I expect they will change it, but just curious why it matters so much. 

Oh, & Merry Xmas & a successful UKOPS to you & all your friends in this thread.  

• edited December 2015
    This wasn't done deliberately and I have changed the starting stack of the boxing day event to 5000 as that figure sits better with me.

Play nice please, it is Christmas after all.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks? : Morning Conor.   As you say in the thread, probably an error, & I sent the thread upstairs yesterday afternoon so should hear back this morning. Props to you for checking the structures of 41 different events, proper research that. If I can be Devil's advocate for a moment, in a thread which got surprisingly heated over what is to someone like me, something quite trivial, why is it so important that they both have an identical structure? As long as all players have the same structure, might it not add a bit of variety? Not suggesting it was done deliberately, obv, & I expect they will change it, but just curious why it matters so much.  Oh, & Merry Xmas & a successful UKOPS to you & all your friends in this thread.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its about the structures being thought about. It is UKOPS which is meant to be sky showcasing itself and whilst guarantees are important so are tournament structures. 

If someone has spent the time and decided 4k and it will allow appropriate play throughout the tournament with it lasting an appropriate amount of time then its fine. Getting deep in a tournament and there being no play say on the final table is frustrating. Also given there is no antes on sky having a really long tournament is also frustrating. 

Some of the structures in the last UKOPS werent great (and I provided feedback to say this) and didnt allow much play when deep, others were good. Sky must have the data to analyse this so when they set up these tournaments one assumes they will get a structure that works. 

In this case it seems like an error and in the words of Lenny from the simpsons, Eh, everybody makes mistakes. That's why they they put erasers on pencils!

• edited December 2015

Yes, I get all that, Matthew, as I said, it looked like a mistake, but I was just curious why it caused so much heat, for the reasons I explained.

Anyway, it has ended well, as Sir Samuel has now posted to say it was an error, & both these Events will now have 5,000 starting chips, so everyone's now happy. Probably.

Now go win it. Or Conor. Or Mr GSmith. Or even, if you believe in miracles, Grumpy Paul.

Lenny? Simpsons? Who they?

Oh, & less exclamation marks please, you only done that to irritate me. Now that IS something to get exercised about.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Ukops 2 identical events but 2 different starting stacks? : Who are you?
    Posted by LARSON7
    <3
  • edited December 2015
    Hi i promise i did not go through the structures of all 41 events i just happened to have a look at the schedule of the mains and noticed the differences in starting stacks. Anyway thanks for changing it sam i understand errors happen just thought i best point it out in advance incase it wasnt noticed then people complain after the series. Good luck to everyone in the series.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi i promise i did not go through the structures of all 41 events i just happened to have a look at the schedule of the mains and noticed the differences in starting stacks. Anyway thanks for changing it sam i understand errors happen just thought i best point it out in advance incase it wasnt noticed then people complain after the series. Good luck to everyone in the series.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Don't be so modest Conor, we all know you meticulously went through the structures of all the Ukops MTT's comparing and contrasting the structures. Your the hero sky poker deserves.