You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Man Standing - Day Five

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

The original 98 entrants have been narrowed down to these 7. These are the only players who may enter today.

CxE1

Stuarty17

AJMilton

POKERTREV

FeelGroggy

mrsduck

winshoes

Comments

• edited December 2015

It's become very tactical - which is good - so today we are going to do it differently.

Today, you simply have to answer "HIGHER" or "LOWER".

The Tuesday Turbo Open starts at 8pm tonight.

The number of entrants over the last 4 weeks - working backwards from last week - were; 

I am setting the line tonight at 500.

You simply have to say whether the number of entrants tonight will be "HIGHER" or LOWER".

ALL incorrect answers will be OUT. 

ALL correct answers will go through to Day 6. 

Simple. Ish. 

Deadline for entries is 7pm. Any entries AFTER 7pm will be void.  

• edited December 2015

Template answer;

LOWER
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    Are you turning into a poker version of Brucie?

Higher, higher, no lower, lower

• edited December 2015
    Lower -  Of course this means the 7 people with the template answer will have to refrain from playing to make sure they get through. Get ready for the banter from the back office boys.....and the girls, just in case i upset angel again.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing - Day Five:
    Lower -  Of course this means the 7 people with the template answer will have to refrain from playing to make sure they get through. Get ready for the banter from the back office boys.....and the girls, just in case i upset angel again.
    Posted by CxE1
    V you only upset me when you say you want to move tables when I'm on same table as you. Thought you liked playing against me ;)
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    I'm gonna go.............HIGHER

Feel it in my water - Fingers Crossed :)
  • edited December 2015
    I'm gonna go.............HIGHER Feel it in my water - Fingers Crossed :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Better go get that checked out at Dr's Trev lol x
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015

Thread temporarily closed.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2015
    It's become very tactical - which is good - so today we are going to do it differently. Today, you simply have to answer "HIGHER" or "LOWER". The Tuesday Turbo Open starts at 8pm tonight.   The number of entrants over the last 4 weeks - working backwards from last week - were;  476 410 436 398 I am setting the line tonight at 500.   You simply have to say whether the number of entrants tonight will be " HIGHER " or LOWER".   ALL incorrect answers will be OUT.  ALL correct answers will go through to Day 6.  Simple. Ish.  Deadline for entries is 7pm. Any entries AFTER 7pm will be void.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    I sent a curve ball down with those stats & most went "LOWER", but Xmas traffic was my ace in the hole. .

The actual number of entrants was 517.

• edited December 2015

So, who said what?

First up, profman submitted an answer, but he was not qualified, so that does not count.

Sadly, Stuarty17 & FeelGroggy both failed to submit an answer, so they are out, too.

That leaves....

CxE1 - LOWER

AJMILTON - LOWER

POKERTREV - HIGHER

mrsduck - LOWER

winshoes - LOWER
  • edited December 2015

So it looks like we have a winner - POKERTREV.

I'll leave it for this morning in case of Objections or a Steward's Inquiry, & if the Result stands, POKERTREV will be playing a £22 UKOPS Event of his choice. (Trev, please let me know which event you wish to play).  

• edited December 2015

That went quite well eventually, with 98 entrants & a bit of a sweat.

Needs some tweaking, but we may repeat this in the future.

5 days, 5 threads & not a single chunter, that must be some sort of record.

Thanks to all who entered, & Merry Christmas to you all.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing - Day Five : I sent a curve ball down with those stats & most went "LOWER", but Xmas traffic was my ace in the hole. . The actual number of entrants was 517.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay
    I was relying on the holiday traffic too based on last years entrants and knowing that some had already broken up early for the festive season.

Anyway, all barring any objections............thank you very much.

5K UKOPS Bounty Hunter 28th Dec @ 9.00pm (pending any objections) :)
  • edited December 2015
    Great compedition Tikay you should get yourself a gameshow i've always thought you would be excellent hosting count down or a guest on the show.  After listnening to yours and Richards commentry on the Roller the other day it was so entertaining.

• edited December 2015
    Well done PT!
    Merry Christmas everyone xxx
  • edited December 2015
    Great compedition Tikay you should get yourself a gameshow i've always thought you would be excellent hosting count down or a guest on the show.  After listnening to yours and Richards commentry on the Roller the other day it was so entertaining. https://youtu.be/TZ2yviEQ0no  
    Posted by spinky6108
    Ha, thank you. I made a fearful faux-pas in that commentary - well probably several - but yeah, it was a fun Final Table.

Love the fun side of poker, me.
  • edited December 2015
    I object. I said higher in my head and just because I looked at the entrants after late reg was over before i made my decision that doesn't make my guess invalid. I demand a recount.
    Also well played Trev, way to go against the crowd!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing - Day Five : Thanks Tikay I was relying on the holiday traffic too based on last years entrants and knowing that some had already broken up early for the festive season. Anyway, all barring any objections............thank you very much. 5K UKOPS Bounty Hunter 28th Dec @ 9.00pm (pending any objections) :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Morning Trev,

Well there have been no objections, so you win the prize, & I have requested it this morning with Head Office. Fingers crossed your name should appear in the Lobby later today. Give me a nudge if it does not, please.

The fact that players thought tactically was exactly what I had hoped, & I was pretty sure in my mind that this week, given the usual Xmas traffic uplift, would be "higher", so I sort of slanted the question the other way.

Good luck in that UKOPS, it'd be really good if you could cash in it.

Have a great Christmas, & xx to Mrs Trev, too.

• edited December 2015
    I object. I said higher in my head and just because I looked at the entrants after late reg was over before i made my decision that doesn't make my guess invalid. I demand a recount. Also well played Trev, way to go against the crowd!
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Morning Groggy.

Fair enough, I'll award you a seat in your head. ;)

What happened - did you just forget it? 
  • edited December 2015

Was playing last night, & was surprised how many people mentioned that they enjoyed this bit of fun.

It needs a bit of tweaking, but we'll do it again in the New Year. A Double Prize was on offer if it received 100 entries, & it fell 2 shy. Next time.....

Special thanks to those who assisted me by providing collated lists of entrants - 4K_Balla, FCHD, MAXALLY, & anyone else I may have forgotten.

• edited December 2015
    Ty Tikay I appreciate it and Yes i Just completely forgot, I realised about at about 9 and realised my mistake.
    I think this was a fun little challenge and played in good spirits by people. The only issue was It was highly advantageous to simply wait till the last minute and guess the middle if you wanted to go through every round but I suppose its a valid strategy
  • edited December 2015
    Ty Tikay I appreciate it and Yes i Just completely forgot, I realised about at about 9 and realised my mistake. I think this was a fun little challenge and played in good spirits by people. The only issue was It was highly advantageous to simply wait till the last minute and guess the middle if you wanted to go through every round but I suppose its a valid strategy
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Yup, deffo a valid strategy.

Next time I'll have to come up with something to counter that. Think I have an idea in my mind which will work.