You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Think I married this one-Thoughts please

Hi all,
                        Was in a £5.50 mtt lately n got dealt 10/J off UTG(had about 35 bigs-blinds 750/1500)I raise to 4500 n get 3 callers
           Flop comes 9h  Qc - 8d
                 BB bets 7800-I call n the other 2 players fold..
                  Turn is Js n BB bets 10k which I call(thoughts here pls)
                   River is 10c n BB shoves-I call my stack to be shown Ks 10d !!
                                          Was my sizing too weak?Could I have checked to see if he takes over the betting to gather strength showing?Did I get married to my straight and the fact it included two pair?
                                                                                                                        Thoughts please,appreciated,
                                                                                                                                                                  Jim

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Think I married this one-Thoughts please:
                    Hi all,                         Was in a £5.50 mtt lately n got dealt 10/J off UTG(had about 35 bigs-blinds 750/1500)I raise to 4500 n get 3 callers            Flop comes 9h  Qc - 8d                  BB bets 7800-I call n the other 2 players fold..                   Turn is Js n BB bets 10k which I call(thoughts here pls)                    River is 10c n BB shoves-I call my stack to be shown Ks 10d !!                                           Was my sizing too weak?Could I have checked to see if he takes over the betting to gather strength showing?Did I get married to my straight and the fact it included two pair?                                                                                                                         Thoughts please,appreciated,                                                                                                                                                                   Jim                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    Posted by GILLS69
    thanks for all the advice.hope you run well in future games.hope I can give u no advice in future.
                                                                                                                                              Jim