You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets

edited February 2010 in The Shed
Here comes another Copa Libertadores bet from my side....

As last week, I am gonna bet again on the Cruzeiro (Brazil) v Real Potosi (Bolivia). First game finished 1:1 in Bolivia. So Cruzeiro has the advantage with an away goal. Again I believe the class difference will prevail and expect Cruzeiro to win with at least 3:1. Something like 4:0 or 4:1 would be my final proposition. Since Potosi has to try to win the game they will have to attack, but they are so bad that this is just gonna leave them with no defence (which is very bad anyway) and the Brazilian strikers are just gonna kill them.

Main bet: Cruzeiro -1.75 Asian Handicap @ 1.80

Other bets I locked in already for the weekend are again from Spain:

Spanish Cup (Midweek): Sevilla to beat Getafe

Weekend: 
Valencia v Valladolid - Valencia -1.25 Asian H'cap
Osasuna v Tenerife - Osasuna to win

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Nice start so far...

Cruzeiro v Potosi 7:0

Sevilla v Getafe 2:0

...Hopefully some good betting possiblities pop up in the coming days....
  • edited February 2010
    Newcastle, Werder Bremen and Hansa Rostock. Just slightly under 6-1 for all 3.

and I had a single on Newcastle too
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets:
    Newcastle, Werder Bremen and Hansa Rostock. Just slightly under 6-1 for all 3. and I had a single on Newcastle too
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

i'm heading up to the game tonight. i do hope Newcastle win!
  • edited February 2010
    They havn't let me down too much lately.

Not like Charlton!
  • edited February 2010
    Anyone seen the goals galore bets available through a well known bookmaker (who supports Man Utd in a Big Way)

You pick from the fixture list all the games where you think both teams will score - Then irrelivant of who wins and who loses you get paid if both score

In example i have picked 7 fixtures from all games this weekend where i thin kboth teams will score. My odds are 66/1 lol

Good fun bet though because you still have a chance of winning until the end of the game. They just have to score :)

ANy one else tried them? what do yo uthink of them?
  • edited February 2010

I tried it when it first came out.

Wish I did it at the start of this season when everyone was scoring for fun.

• edited February 2010
    My tip of the week is Notts Forest to beat Sheff Wed. If the last few weeks are anything to go by though i suggest you all put everything you've got on the owls as my tips have been quite shocking!
  • edited February 2010
    Ok I am on Wednesday or the draw.

thanks quag
  • edited February 2010

gone for a yankee & accum

£1.00
    1. Acc. Stanley v Morecambe
    2. Morecambe @ 12/5
    3. Stockport v MK Dons
    4. Stockport @ 7/2
    5. Newcastle v Cardiff
    6. Cardiff @ 7/2
    7. Liverpool v Everton
    8. Everton @ 7/2
    9. AFC Wimbledon v Forest Green
    10. Rochdale v Crewe
    11. Grimsby v Notts Co.
    12. Darlington v Rotherham
    13. Huddersfield v Carlisle
    14. Hartlepool v Leeds
    15. Exeter v Southampton
    16. Plymouth v West Brom
    17. Swansea v Preston
    18. Hull v Man. City
  • edited February 2010

Here are my selections for the weekend

Main bet:

Bolton to beat Fulham (H) @ 5/4

West Brom to beat Plymouth (A) @ 4/5

Huddersfield to beat Carlisle (H) @ 8/13

Accrington Stanley to beat Morecambe (H) @ 11/10

Rochdale to beat Crewe (H) @ 4/6

The 5 way on this is currently paying 21.9/1 so some real value there. It's worth perming in 4 folds as well though. 

Fulham are generally poor away from home & have generally been poor anywhere in the last few weeks. They made hard work of beating a poor Pompey side at home in midweek whereas 6 weeks ago they probably would've strolled it. As much as I hate to admit it, Bolton are already starting to look better under Coyle so should sneak this one. West Brom have picked up again having won 3 of their last 4 & won at Blackpool in midweek (not an easy place to go). After an initial upturn in results when Paul Mariner took over a short while ago it seems that normal service has resumed at Plymouth having only won once in their last 5 games. Huddersfield, Accrington & Rochdale have been very strong at home this season and look solid.

Long shot:

West Ham to beat Burnley (A) @ 2/1

Stoke to beat Blackburn (H) @ 6/5

Swindon to beat Charlton (H) @ 6/4

Notts County to beat Grimsby (A) @ 4/5

Man City to beat Hull (A) @ 8/11

A weekend's footy betting ain't a weekend's footy betting without a cheeky long shot! These 5 are currently paying 50/1 so well worth a £1. 

Burnley have been difficult to beat at home all season but let's not forget that Wigan have managed it. As my boys now have an abundance of striking options from which to choose I'm very hopeful of coming away from Turf Moor with all 3 points (and boy, do we need them). Stoke are also a difficult side to beat at home & there's too much value in the 6/5 on offer not to include it in here, particularly as Blackburn are not great travellers. Swindon have been in great form having only lost once in their last 13 league games home & away, and don't forget they turned Leeds over 3-0 in their last home game. Charlton have been patchy and are capable of leaving the County Ground with a point but again, the 6/4 on offer is too big to refuse. Grimsby are not 2nd bottom in League 2 for no reason having won only 3 league games all season. Notts County will be buoyed by their midweek cup win at Wigan & should really take the points here. I'm surprised that Man City are this short away at Hull. On paper they should walk this game but Hull have been OK at home this season. Having said that, as a game that can be used to bump up the long shot odds this looks like a decent gamble.

Over/Under Goals:

Man Utd/Pompey - OVER 2.5 @ 1/2

Forest/Sheff Weds - OVER 2.5 @ 5/6

Hartlepool/Leeds - OVER 2.5 @ 4/5

Millwall/Norwich - OVER 2.5 @ 10/11

Scunthorpe/Palace - UNDER 2.5 @ 4/6

These 5 are currently paying out a shade under 15/1 (14.75 to be precise). I'm sure I'm not the only one who expects Man Utd to stick a hatful past Pompey at O.T (cue scrappy 1-0 win, lol). The next 3 pretty much speak for themselves as there's plenty of goals between them all. Choosing under games can be tricky but neither Scunthorpe nor Palace generally have an abundance of goals in them.

Extra Bet:

I normally only stick to the 3 bets above but this week but couldn't resist a cheeky pound on the Super 6 enhanced multiple. I usually stay away from these because I find they don't usually offer any great value but this is definitely worth a £1.

Bolton to beat Fulham (H)

West Ham to beat Burnley (A)

Man City to beat Hull (A)

Man Utd to beat Pompey (H)

Stoke to beat Blackburn (H)

Sunderland to beat Wigan (H)

You can get a massive 65/1 on the enhanced multiples (choosing them as individuals in an accumulator pay 58/1 so you're getting some good extra value).

There are a couple there that have the potential to trip you up but certainly worth risking £1 imo.

Good luck with your bets.

Jay

• edited February 2010
    Hansa Rostock already ruined my treble, couldn't hold on to their lead :(

all down to Newcastle,  oo 3-0 after 15 mins

can smell the moneys already
  • edited February 2010
    Hansa Rostock already ruined my treble, couldn't hold on to their lead :( all down to Newcastle,  oo 3-0 after 15 mins can smell the moneys already
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    3-0 up and cruising, might stick £40 on the Geordies in the in-play betting.
  • edited February 2010
    Anyone seen the goals galore bets available through a well known bookmaker (who supports Man Utd in a Big Way) You pick from the fixture list all the games where you think both teams will score - Then irrelivant of who wins and who loses you get paid if both score In example i have picked 7 fixtures from all games this weekend where i thin kboth teams will score. My odds are 66/1 lol Good fun bet though because you still have a chance of winning until the end of the game. They just have to score :) ANy one else tried them? what do yo uthink of them?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Jeff stelling has done this bet in the sun for the last 2 weeks (must be ok for him to moonlight) The first week he got 3 out of 3, for an 11/2 win
    I dont like to finalize my bets until I've seen saturdays Sun.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets : 3-0 up and cruising, might stick £40 on the Geordies in the in-play betting.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Fear Not my old Quag!

I feel really upbeat for the weekend footy.
    My 9 selections permed in 8 folds and an accumulator will make the lap-dance look like an aperitif.
    Selections to follow the last of the Vodka.....
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets : Fear Not my old Quag! I feel really upbeat for the weekend footy. My 9 selections permed in 8 folds and an accumulator will make the lap-dance look like an aperitif. Selections to follow the last of the Vodka.....
    Posted by emilyegg
    I hear ya loud and clear bruvva, i'm feeling confident now, so much so that i'm willing to donate 10% of my winnings to the brave ladies who work at Hooters. They do such a great job and always have a smile on their face which is amazing when they all must suffer from intolerable back pain.

I shall post mein acca in zie morgen.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets : i'm heading up to the game tonight. i do hope Newcastle win!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Good Game to go to Rich!!

Makes my visits to Scunny, Forest and Leicester look un-inspired to say the least.....

• edited February 2010
    I can't see anything other a draw for Liverpool - Everton, so have had a good few quid.
    Pompey were 33-1 to beat utd. A league 1 side would have odds like that, so had a sneaky pocket change, 3 quid bet.
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my 1st acca:

Bolton
    Man City
    Bristol City
    Notts Forest
    Sheff Utd
    Maccy Dons
    Chesterfield
    Rochdale

Pays around 84/1

No time to go into detail as the merseyside derby is about to kick-off(c'mon the reds).

Draw and longshot accas will follow shortly.
  • edited February 2010
    The Vodka has all gone.

So after much dehydration and deliberation here are todays selections

BRISTOL C @ 10/11 V Coventry

Ipswich V MIDDLESBRO @ 2/1

HUDDERSFIELD @ 8/13 V Carlisle

TRA*MERE @ 6/5 V Oldham

DAGENHAM @ 11/10 V Northampton

Grimsby V NOTTS CO. @ 4/5

Tamworth V STEVENAGE @ 5/6

MOTHERWELL @ 8/11 V Hamilton

KILMARNOCK @ 5/6 V Inverness.

Perming these in 8-folds and an accumulator.

Fancying DRAWS in the Games Between

PLYMOUTH/WBA @ 12/5

BRENTFORD/GILLINGHAM @ 12/5

WYCOMBE/YEOVIL @ 12/5

BARNET/ALDERSHOT @ 12/5

BARROW/LUTON @  12/5

BRECHIN/ALLOA @ 5/2

Not sure yet how to bet on these, might try some trebles and 4 folds.

Good Luck as always to you all, especially Jay, Quagmire, Mr Miyagi and Tortus.

I will not be finalising MY bets until I`ve seen a

Cheers!!
  • edited February 2010
    Out of Interest, anyone got any idea why you cant type the word TRAN*ERE in a post?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets : Good Game to go to Rich!! Makes my visits to Scunny, Forest and Leicester look un-inspired to say the least.....
    Posted by emilyegg

whoop!
  • edited February 2010
    my new favourite player...

one size fitz hall
  • edited February 2010
    I ain`t going anymore this season Rich. I`m a PROPER Jonah.

How were the new signings last night?

Any good?
  • edited February 2010
    they all played really well. they looked hungry and had the energy we've lacked so often over recent seasons.*

we even, dare i say it, looked creative!?

*(please be aware i am a massive optimist, likely to put a positive spin on every situation)
  • edited February 2010
    This Mersey Derby is a bit lively. Will be surprised if it finishes without a penalty or a red card.
  • edited February 2010
    I`m not the Fat Mans biggest fan, as my Shirt this season shows, but at least players never got sold off in the window.
  • edited February 2010
    This Mersey Derby is a bit lively. Will be surprised if it finishes without a penalty or a red card.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Hope Lucas gets a red card and gets banned for four matches.
  • edited February 2010
    I`m not the Fat Mans biggest fan, as my Shirt this season shows, but at least players never got sold off in the window.
    Posted by emilyegg

nor am i, but i still support the team i love
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Football Betting + Weekend Bets : nor am i, but i still support the team i love
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    We always will Rich. Not getting too excited yet, but it looks like he is getting his head round it after last seasons debacle.