You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just started playing DYM's I have a question?

Why is the entry fee different for differnt games?

HU £1.05
Six Max £1.10
Head Hunter £1.10
Roulette £1.10
DYM's £1.15

Comments

• edited December 2015

I think the challenge is to set the 'fee' at a level which makes the business the most money whilst still allowing people to 'beat' the games. 

They all look ok to my untrained eye, aside from the 15% fee on the dym game which in my opinion continues to punish the player pool that the site should be most keen to look after by making it impossible for them to win. 

How can that be good for anyone :/

Put a 15% fee on the ever popular £10 dyms where the players understand the concept of rake and see how they perform ;)

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Just started playing DYM's I have a question?:
    I think the challenge is to set the 'fee' at a level which makes the business the most money whilst still allowing people to 'beat' the games.  They all look ok to my untrained eye, aside from the 15% fee on the dym game which in my opinion continues to punish the player pool that the site should be most keen to look after by making it impossible for them to win.  How can that be good for anyone :/ Put a 15% fee on the ever popular £10 dyms where the players understand the concept of rake and see how they perform ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I agree, it is almost impossible beat the rake at 15% and 20% on microstakes DYMs.

Seems to me this is counterproductive in encouraging new players and regular microstakes players.

60% win rate on DYMs is better than average, but on 60p dyms you wiil make no profit.

The rake should be a uniform 10% on DYMs and 5% on HU in my opinion.
  • edited December 2015
    i've posted extensively on this in the past.

we had a diaryist  on here who was beating those games pre-rake, was a player who wanted to improve, but unfortunately his only objective measure of sucess was bankroll growth. and he was a huge loser after rake.

he was so fustrated by his lack of bankroll growth / precieved lack of improvement that he hasnt played on sky since july.

its impossible to heater in those games,

and yet they are promoted by some people as a good way to learn the game.

i cant imagine that  few hudred unbeatbale DYM's is a particularly pleasant welcome for a new player.

poker is a strategy game. people are competetive in strategy games. people like improving.

poker is a gambling game. people like winning money and heatering

the rake masks skill, improvement and unltimately makes winning money / heatering impossible.

• edited December 2015
    I'm not surprised to hear that the diarist gave up, this month for example:

60p DYMs Played Won   Cost     Winnings Profit Win% Rake   ROI 
                       92    57    55.20      57.00    1.80  62%   9.20   3.26

All of the above were PLO8 DYMs at which I would say that I am fairly proficient.  This illustrates that even at 62% win rate, it is almost impossible to build your bankroll to move up to the next level.

If the rake was 10%, i.e 55p DYMs, the figures would be:

55p DYMs Played Won   Cost     Winnings Profit Win% Rake    ROI 
                       92    57    50.60      57.00    6.40  62%   4.60   12.65

The profit here seems to me to be a fairer reflection of the rewards deserved by a player winning 62% of the games.