You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
do i earn royaltys from every game played towards compeleting this challange?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Tikays presence and promotion of the format, Macacgirls challenges, Churchy's league, the spirit and craic at the tables have all combined to create a thriving and growing PLO8 community on the site.

Nothing unique or novel in this suggestion, it is a shameless rip-off of RLT's dym challenges and Macacgirl's PL08 challenges and mainly a bit of motivation for me to play more next year than this year.

In discussion on Macacgirl's latest challenge, I suggested a 1000 game challenge for 2016, it seemed I wouldn't be alone so here is the thread for it...

"The 2016 1000 PL08 DYM Marathon challenge".

Very simple. Sign up here if you are interested. Then keep track of your scores, post here occasionally and I'll keep a table of in play scores and leaderboard for completed entries.

I might other scores too, e.g a half-marathon challenge for 500 games, best win streak etc.

Use Karen's simple patented format...(total) game wins, against (total) games played is perfect please. ie 280/500

and I have also blatantly pinched her T's and C's seeing has they are tried and tested...

The challenge/competition is purely for fun, is not SKY sanctioned, it's for bragging rights, self motivation only.
    The competition itself, is to see how many cashes you attain, out of 1000 PLO8 DYMs played. Winner/s are those that have most wins from 1000 games played. Simples.

Some Rules.

The competition starts 1st January 2016.

If you register between now and then, your competition starts when you play your first PLO8 DYM from this date, and ends when you have played your 1000th.

I will keep entries open until 31st January 2016. If you sign up during January, the challenge will start for you the day after you register.

Games allowable are PLO8 DYM only, any buy-in.

Scoring is simple, you cash in a DYM you score a point, you don't cash, you don't score.

You will need to keep track of your own score and update here, in this thread, as and when you want.

No fibbing allowed.

Please, please, please note. This is entirely for fun, not to be taken seriously. No gripes or moans are necessary.

Started Won Played %
      Phantom66 01-Jan-16 121 223 54.3%
      Macacgirl 03-Jan-16 380 632 60.1%
      winshoes 01-Jan-16 40 80 50.0%
      Tikay1 01-Jan-16 540 1000 54.0%
      67Bhoys 01-Jan-16 237 351 67.5%
      engy 01-Jan-16      
      weecheez1 01-Jan-16 507 1000 50.7%
      HENDRIK62 01-Jan-16 237 433 54.7%
      ajmilton 01-Jan-16 486 1000 48.6%
      bbMike 01-Jan-16 346 600 57.7%
      imber 02-Jan-16      
      MrsDuck 05-Jan-16 146 225 64.9%
      pomfrittes 06-Jan-16 425 796 53.4%
      JockBMW 11-Jan-16      
      stuarty117 04-Mar-16 177 293 60.4%
      ChrisMc 13-Jul-16 70 125 56.0%

HALF MARATHON LEADERBOARD
    1 Macacgirl 25-Jan-16 304 500 60.8%
    2 bbMike 12-Aug-16 286 500 57.2%
    3 AJMilton 02-May-16 257 500 51.4%

MARATHON LEADERBOARD
    1 Tikay1 01-Jan-16 540 1000 54.0%
    2 weecheez1 01-Jan-16 507 1000 50.7%
    3 ajmilton 01-Jan-16 486 1000 48.6%
  • edited December 2015
    Go on then.
    I'll only be playing Jan/Feb and Nov/Dec, but I'll try to do the 1000.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint:
    Posted by RLT16

Err. let me think....no.

• edited December 2015
    Posted by RLT16
    Was it not my idea hmmmm
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : Was it not my idea hmmmm
    Posted by stuarty117
    Stu, I'll let you share 50% of payable fees with Lee.
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015

Any set of rules which state this are fine by me...

"......is entirely for fun, not to be taken seriously. No gripes or moans"

Count me IN please.
  • edited December 2015
    In dunno if i will get 1000 played, Holdem Dyms are calling me back in the new year.
  • edited December 2015
    In dunno if i will get 1000 played, Holdem Dyms are calling me back in the new year.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Is that an entry?

Or are you exclusively returning to the dark side?
  • edited December 2015

Count me in Phantom
  • edited December 2015
    count me in please

• edited December 2015
    Any more takers before the new year starts?
  • edited December 2015
    In please can we count the 10 plo8 from the other challenge 
  • edited December 2015
    You are in cheez.

And Yes, your first 10 games of 2016 will count for both.
  • edited December 2015
    pop me down please.

neil
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : Is that an entry? Or are you exclusively returning to the dark side?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Count me out Phantom

The force on the dark side is too strong
  • edited December 2015
    I'll give it a go phantom lad 
    Not sure if i play a 1,000 dym in a year.
    We'll have to wait and see.

Regards Alan (plo8 dym champ)
  • edited December 2015
    I'll give it a go phantom lad  Not sure if i play a 1,000 dym in a year. We'll have to wait and see. Regards Alan (plo8 dym champ)
    Posted by ajmilton

You best just bow out now Champ(sprint), this is for stayers.  I'm taking this seriously, I have a 6 week training camp in the USA, and will return in March in peak condition.

Mind you, you could get a head start for 2 months whilst I'm gone, but I can't see you making the final furlong, you'll be well out of puff, unless of course you give up the ciggies.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : You best just bow out now Champ(sprint), this is for stayers.  I'm taking this seriously, I have a 6 week training camp in the USA, and will return in March in peak condition. Mind you, you could get a head start for 2 months whilst I'm gone, but I can't see you making the final furlong, you'll be well out of puff, unless of course you give up the ciggies.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Ha, Ha, Ha. No stop lol please make it. stop lol.
    Once again Craig, your living in fantasy land. Do you seriously believe you can beat me (more lol's)
    Weather it's a sprint or a marathon, the Champ will be victorious in this challenge.
    As for the ciggies the champ will carry on. As you well know Craig, I can have 2 during a game, 
    and still come back to the table and beat you.

While you are in the USA, I strongly recommend you visit Disney land.
    after all it is the land of fantasy (you should feel right at home)
    I'll look forward to your return, so that i may dominate you at the plo8 tables.

Regards Alan (your plo8 superior)

• edited December 2015
    10 Entries in so far.

You need to sign up today for your first games in 2016 to count, although entry will remain open through January.
  • edited December 2015
    Haven't even completed the first set of 1000 games yet, but put me down as I'll get some overlap equity!

GL all.
  • edited January 2016
    OP Updated with a results table.

All those up to this point will have all results from 1-Jan-2016 00:00:00 count.

Still open for any new entries up to the end of this month.

Simply post here and your results will count from the next day.

Don't forget you have double or even treble "challenge overlap equity" if you are in Karen's challenge and/or RLT's 1000 game challenge.
  • edited January 2016
    seeing i have got a head start - I will try to complete this but i really don't think I will reach 1000!!!!
  • edited January 2016

How often do you want us to update?

Daily, or Weekly, at the end of the week?

Played 40 tonight, won 25, (62.5%) but will be playing tomorrow and Sunday, too.
  • edited January 2016
    Whenever you like Tikay.

I'm sure you will race to 1000 quicker than most

Started better in Macacgirls challenge with results in PLO and NLHE suggesting I may have picked the wrong challenge (short run results oriented thinking - I hope).

Only 3/6 in PLO8.

I'll probably do regular updates through January until the deadline for entries closes.

62.5% very nice - sustainable over 1000?

How about a sweepstake on the winning score?

Score for the win, scorer for the tiebreak?
  • edited January 2016

62.5% deffo not sustainable for me, lol.
  • edited January 2016
    I'll start this tomorrow if ok.
    I'll reset sharkscope stats and only play plo8 you see.
    Will make it easier for me to keep track without having to write anything down.
    I'll be able to post results every 100 games then without worrying about it being accurate or not, as it will be.
  • edited January 2016
    I'll start this tomorrow if ok. I'll reset sharkscope stats and only play plo8 you see. Will make it easier for me to keep track without having to write anything down. I'll be able to post results every 100 games then without worrying about it being accurate or not, as it will be.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    If I was being picky or Tikay I would have to say outrageous of course not - totally against T's and C's.

but...

seeing as you wrote most of the T's and C's and they also say this...

"You will need to keep track of your own score and update here, in this thread, as and when you want."

and...

"Please, please, please note. This is entirely for fun, not to be taken seriously. No gripes or moans are necessary."

Then what the heck - do whatever is easy for - I'll reset your start date to 3rd Jan.
  • edited January 2016
    Ta.
    I've reset sharkscope to nowt and will only play plo8 so i know where i stand and will post results here every 100, or 50 or so games.
    Good Luck everyone.
    WooHoo, just won the 1st, only 999 to go.
  • edited January 2016
    Done 10 in the macca challenge won 4 lost 6 poor start