You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    btw, for a bit of incentive.  i was in shrewsbury train station today and 20 besons were £6.79 w.. t.. f..
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY:
    I have stopped smoking (and started again) more times than Phil Taylor has hit the bullseye!!! However, I was given some great advice by one of my umpteen quit buddy's (obviously preferring to share my misery with which ever unsuspecting soul I can talk in to quitting with me...) so share my knowledge I will:- Freeze some grapes and when you have a killer craving go to the freezer and pop a frozen grape in your mouth...by the time it melts enough to eat it your craving will have passed...Unfortunately I started EVERY TIME because free will and freedom of choice are particular downfalls of mine...lol Will be joining you on the non smoking train 2 weeks tomorrow (for the nth and hopefully LAST time...lol) Good Luck Sir - keep up the good work :o) X
    Posted by TRIP5
    Just tried ur freezing grapes idea.......Mmmmmmm very interesting.......love it :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY : Let us know on thursday that you didnt smoke wed night, if you dont then you know youve got past the 1st big hurdle!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Well its thursday morning and still smoke free.

Had a few pints last night at golf club and by 10 o clock I was feeling it but stayed determined.

My smoking deterants are building up lol, so far I am using patches, nicotine mints, trebor mints, frozen grapes, dart board, punch bag and good old poker.

Yep still losing although cashed in 4k and a deep stack but terrible in the DYMs so keeping away from them for a while.

Thing is how long can I blame stopping smoking for my losing streak lol
  • edited February 2010
    lol the money ur saving will cover ur losses. Isnt stopping smoking supposed to make u eat loads? Thats gotta be a bonus get ya chinese on speed-dial!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY : Well its thursday morning and still smoke free. Had a few pints last night at golf club and by 10 o clock I was feeling it but stayed determined. My smoking deterants are building up lol, so far I am using patches, nicotine mints, trebor mints, frozen grapes, dart board, punch bag and good old poker. Yep still losing although cashed in 4k and a deep stack but terrible in the DYMs so keeping away from them for a while. Thing is how long can I blame stopping smoking for my losing streak lol
    Posted by torryboy
    well-done ,

just remember 1 cig = 1000 more,

keep it going,

you will have good days and mad bad craving days,

throw a punch in that bag from me,

jezzzzzus noooooooo not your mrs the punch bag !

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010

KEEP IT GOING Torryboy. Last night was a big test for you mate and you came through that with flying colours, WELL DONE!!!!!! I always found a dish of everton mints by my pc helped when I was trying to give up, play poker and kept on getting bad beats.......or get yerself a cat to kick!*

*this is just a saying and is no way an instruction for pet abuse    :)

• edited February 2010
    KEEP IT GOING Torryboy. Last night was a big test for you mate and you came through that with flying colours, WELL DONE!!!!!! I always found a dish of everton mints by my pc helped when I was trying to give up, play poker and kept on getting bad beats.......or get yerself a cat to kick!* *this is just a saying and is no way an instruction for pet abuse    :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Cheers for that.

All pets are in the safety of the tree outside lol
  • edited February 2010

Its been a few days Torryboy.......how r u doing m8?? Did you get through the week end ok? Be honest and let us all know!!....If you need more support and/or encouragement, just ask.....you know the forum guys will come up with the goods .
  • edited February 2010
    yeh where are your updates??
  • edited February 2010
    i,ve still stopped tis very hard tho
  • edited February 2010
    i,ve still stopped tis very hard tho
    Posted by stokefc
    Well done Mr stokey mate.....keep it going!!!
    What will you be like when stoke are one nil up in the semi final of the FA cup with 5 mins to go tho????
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY : Well done Mr stokey mate.....keep it going!!! What will you be like when stoke are one nil up in the semi final of the FA cup with 5 mins to go tho????
    Posted by MAXALLY
    still got a few finger nails left but im biting them off as i type thinking about the wigan game tonite but i,ve got lots of things going on at the mo with work,money n kids to keep me mind off smoking..as for the fa cup semi do you really think stoke will get that far i hope so but i dont think they will deep down..thx for the encouragement maxi boy
  • edited February 2010
    whats the update guys you still off the coffin nails ?
  • edited February 2010
    i reckon he's back on em and is scared to tell us lol
  • edited February 2010
    Well, as promised I stopped smoking on Monday (16th Feb)

I have just bust my 36 BI bankroll....

Maybe it's best if I don't reload until next week when I'm a bit more stable...lol

Oh well! I guess I wouldn't have been able to lose it if I hadn't have won it in the first place right?

Onwards & Upwards

x
  • edited February 2010
    Well, as promised I stopped smoking on Monday (16th Feb) I have just bust my 36 BI bankroll.... Maybe it's best if I don't reload until next week when I'm a bit more stable...lol Oh well! I guess I wouldn't have been able to lose it if I hadn't have won it in the first place right? Onwards & Upwards x
    Posted by TRIP5
    ul irene chip up !
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: STOPPED SMOKING AND PLAYING POKER BADLY : ul irene chip up !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Lol Irish!

Still feeling chipper..Don't you worry!

What happened mate? You have a gender crisis over the weekend then?

BTW nice hat :o)

x