You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Day 3 - Substitute Day?

edited December 2015 in Poker Chat

No no, not that "Who" ditty......

"You think we look pretty good together
You think my shoes are made of leather"

Today is, officially, Substitute Boxing Day. Ridic really, Boxing day was Saturday, yesterday does not count (why?) but we have it again today. And what has "boxing" got to do with it?

Anyway, UKOPS XV continues today, with, perhaps wisely, slightly more modest Guarantees.

8 Events, being...

3 x BH

1 x Speed BH

1 x Turbo 

1 x Freezeout

1 x Deepstack

1 x PLO8

In Before Complaints; The Deepstack has 3,000 chips, the Freezeout 4,000. Yes yes. "All stitches in life's rich tapestry".  

Comments

• edited December 2015

And here's the schedule

2pm£1,000Deepstack£5.50

4pm
    £2,000Bounty Hunter£11

6pm
    £3,000Turbo£22

7pm
    £1,000Omaha Hi Lo£11

8pm
    £15,000Freezeout£110

8.30pm
    £3,000Bounty Hunter£5.50

9pm
    £5,000Bounty Hunter£22

10pm
    £6,000Speed Bounty Hunter£55
  • edited December 2015

Satellites today?

Yup - around 95 of them.

Good luck all.

• edited December 2015
    Gutted that the PL08 event is on the one night I am visiting in-laws.

Good luck to all regular ploppers and especially the champ mr AJ Milton.
  • edited December 2015
    Not sure what, if anything, I will be playing tonight.  I have my girls over for the day and will be spending it with them.  Will see what time I have in the evening.  Really want to play the plo8 one though
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - Substitute Day?:
    Not sure what, if anything, I will be playing tonight.  I have my girls over for the day and will be spending it with them.  Will see what time I have in the evening.  Really want to play the plo8 one though
    Posted by cenachav
    No, spend time with the girls. Plenty of other time to play PLO8.
  • edited December 2015
    The PLO yesterday was brill, hands being played had my eyes popping out, danglers everywhere, any pair, any ace etc, grand stuff.

Today I mostly intend FTing the PLO8er doodar.

Boxing day is clearly called boxing day because that's the day you throw away your empty present boxes from the day before, like duuuur, obvious innit.
  • edited December 2015
    Just took down small side event Cheezy bountys all round bring on the PLO8 feeling it in my bones
  • edited December 2015
    The PLO yesterday was brill, hands being played had my eyes popping out, danglers everywhere, any pair, any ace etc, grand stuff. Today I mostly intend FTing the PLO8er doodar. Boxing day is clearly called boxing day because that's the day you throw away your empty present boxes from the day before, like duuuur, obvious innit.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    What utter twaddle, as per usual.

"Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the weekday or Saturday following
    Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their masters, employers or customers, in the United Kingdom, The Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Bermuda, New Zealand, Kenya, South Africa, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and other former British colonies"

The PLO? Well I can't gripe, having finished well down the field, but it was eye-popping to see the sort of ranges played in the modern game. I did some videos for PLO Newbies recently, "cards that work together" was the gist. Clearly, times have changed.  Fun event though, & played in a grand spirit, lovely. I never actually enjoyed it, but that was for unrelated reasons, I was having a challenging day in all sorts of ways, off the poker table so to speak. More on which later. Maybe. 

I'll join you in the PLO8 this evening, then that's me done until New Years Day, I think, as we'll be going out & about. 

Today, my Xmas Dinner is being cooked, Gill has just come back from Sainsbury's with about 9 carrier bags of assorted nonsense. Contents included - I kid you not.....

Jerusalem Artichokes. What?

A £19.99 Turkey Basting implement. That'll come in handy. Once per year.

Xmas Cake Curd. Eh?

A "baking block". (Lard in my day).

A pack of Christmas tree shaped crumpets. No, really.

A loaf shaped like a Christmas tree. (Brioche?)

TWO packs of stuffing. Presumably, our Turkey has two rear orifices.

Parsnips & carrots. Get outa here.  
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - Substitute Day? : What utter twaddle, as per usual. "Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the weekday or Saturday following Christmas Day , when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their masters, employers or customers, in the United Kingdom, The Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Bermuda, New Zealand, Kenya, South Africa, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and other former British colonies" The PLO? Well I can't gripe, having finished well down the field, but it was eye-popping to see the sort of ranges played in the modern game. I did some videos for PLO Newbies recently, "cards that work together" was the gist. Clearly, times have changed.  I never actually enjoyed it, but that was for unrelated reasons, I was having a challenging day in all sorts of ways. More on which later. Maybe.  I'll join you in the PLO8 this evening, then that's me done until New Years Day, I think, as we'll be going out & about.    Today, my Xmas Dinner is being cooked, Gill has just come back from Sainsbury's with about 9 carrier bags of assorted nonsense. Contents included - I kid you not..... Jerusalem Artichokes. What? A £19.99 Turkey Basting implement. That'll come in handy. Once per year.   Xmas Cake Curd. Eh? A "baking block". (Lard in my day).   A pack of Christmas tree shaped crumpets. No, really. A loaf shaped like a Christmas tree. (Brioche?) TWO packs of stuffing. Presumably, our Turkey has two rear orifices.   Parsnips & carrots. Get outa here.  
    Posted by Tikay10

You hope !!

• edited December 2015
    Jerusalem Artichokes are yummy.
    I hope you have a lovely dinner with Gill who comes across as being thoroughly lovely too.
    Too good for you, obviously.
    A £20 turkey baster? I want one. Ours only cost a pound.
    Anyone who doesn't like roast parsnips is clearly an alien.
    I can think of something to do with an extra packet of Paxo.
    Merry Christmas!!!
  • edited December 2015
    And sorry to hear you had a bit of a day, I thought something was on your mind when you didn't say owt in the chat-box during the dym's.
    Chin up, hope you're OK.

I have a cunning plan for the PLO8 this evening, I am going to play every plo8 hand, every hand which is any four cards of 8 and under, every plo hand and every 'double' nlhe hand ie. AK99 etc. That's bound to work right?
    And I'm gonna join in and never raise pre-flop, just limp but call every raise if I've limped.
    It's a cunning plan that can't fail.
  • edited December 2015
    And sorry to hear you had a bit of a day, I thought something was on your mind when you didn't say owt in the chat-box during the dym's. Chin up, hope you're OK. I have a cunning plan for the PLO8 this evening, I am going to play every plo8 hand, every hand which is any four cards of 8 and under, every plo hand and every 'double' nlhe hand ie. AK99 etc. That's bound to work right? And I'm gonna join in and never raise pre-flop, just limp but call every raise if I've limped. It's a cunning plan that can't fail.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Looks like you are gonna win it then.

I might write the tale of the reason I was a little sad last night. It was no big deal really, in fact it was of no consequence at all, but it sort of cast a cloud. There are some odd peeps around.  

• edited December 2015
    £10 + £100 bit hefty on the old rake tonight eh?
  • edited December 2015
    £10 + £100 bit hefty on the old rake tonight eh?
    Posted by alex1229
    haha, its going to be funny if it hits the gtee and only £10 is added to pool for every player.

have you got temps working xmas sky?