You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Error in UKOPS £22 rebuy

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Just playing the 6pm £22 ukops rebuy and noticed that the 3 min add on period randomly started halfway through the 75/150 level, rather than the stated end of level 75/150. This is pretty frustrating, as I had 2055 chips and I had planned on doubling up/ going bust and rebuying before the add on period began. I also noticed that this happened during a previous Ukops rebuy in November, so this might be something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Good luck with this... i mentioned exactly the same thing the other week missed the add on after 5+ rebuys.... 

I got told it did not happen... It did!
  • edited December 2015
    I have to say I thought this was a long standing problem with rebuys on Sky?

Possibly something to do with the 5 minute breaks?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Error in UKOPS £22 rebuy:
    Just playing the 6pm £22 ukops rebuy and noticed that the 3 min add on period randomly started halfway through the 75/150 level, rather than the stated end of level 75/150. This is pretty frustrating, as I had 2055 chips and I had planned on doubling up/ going bust and rebuying before the add on period began. I also noticed that this happened during a previous Ukops rebuy in November, so this might be something that needs to be looked at. Thanks.
    Posted by GSmith13
    Good Morning Mr Cashed in tons of UKOPS events, thanks for the nudge.

I'll certainly pass it up to HO so they can take a look.

FWIW, a similar observation was made, though in slightly less measured terms, a day or two ago,
    HERE . See, in particular, the reply by Sky Sam.

Not sure what conclusion can be drawn from it, but last night, in this event, there were 34 add-ons, from a starting field of 59, so I'd guess in excess of 80% of those still in successfully added on. 

I've sent the thread upstairs, let's see what they say.   

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Error in UKOPS £22 rebuy:
    Good luck with this... i mentioned exactly the same thing the other week missed the add on after 5+ rebuys....  I got told it did not happen... It did!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Morning Big $55 Bloke.

I don't think they said  "it did not happen".

Their reply is
    HERE

They are trying to identify the problem here, by analysing the facts, & it's a little confusing, as it appears most players were able to add-on successfully.

I would imagine they will take a further look, & see if the issue can be explained.  

• edited December 2015
    It isn't just about the add on, it is knowing when the add on is so you can rebuy pre add on if you want/gamble to get a bigger stack pre add on. While the add on situation will be sorted when auto top up happens this issue is actually slightly different.
  • edited December 2015
    It isn't just about the add on, it is knowing when the add on is so you can rebuy pre add on if you want/gamble to get a bigger stack pre add on. While the add on situation will be sorted when auto top up happens this issue is actually slightly different.
    Posted by MattBates
    Yup, understood, Nadia.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Error in UKOPS £22 rebuy : Morning Big $55 Bloke. I don't think they said  "it did not happen ". Their reply is HERE They are trying to identify the problem here, by analysing the facts, & it's a little confusing, as it appears most players were able to add-on successfully. I would imagine they will take a further look, & see if the issue can be explained.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    What they are saying is that the add on was after 90 minutes... but it wasnt after 90 minutes of play or as advertised in the schedule and was also inconcistent to every other rebuy on the site. All I ask is for things to run properly because I pay my rake as does everybody else.

Unfortunately this cost me massive chip EV in a tournament where I had incested many rebuys already.

" do apologise if there was some kind of glitch but it appears it wasn't widespread as 126 players added on during this break which was over 80% of the runners in the tournament at the time."

This is completely irrelevant to anyone affected... It is not my concern who else adds on it is my concern if I add on. the error is on sky's part & it is much easier to notice these things if playing 1 or 2 tables.

My next question was also ignored....

I massively respect you Tikay and you get things done but I dont think my original thread was out of line I just like many players want things to be right or at the very least consistent.
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by MattBates
    This point is absoloutely spot on
  • edited January 2016
    Just happened ~5 minutes early in tonights main as well, it's not that rare and is another thing that needs to be fixed if sky wants new players to stick it out.
  • edited January 2016
    ...AND the mini...