You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 TLB Charity Comp ***THE RESULTS***

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Firstly thanks to all who have supported this initiative. A massive £4,476 has been pledged. It is now important to collect all the monies owed by 10/01/2016, so that the final figures can be calculated and the correct payments made to the appropriate charities ASAP.

So, the results! An unprecidented performance by Gareth Smith (GSmith13), in what must be a Sky Poker record, saw him run away with the main TLB competiton, with a staggering $84K profit! His outstanding charity "MS Research" being the beneficiary of the biggest "chunk" of the TLB charity prize pool. The top four are listed below (Assuming all results are in, will check Sharkscope again tomorrow)

POS NAME SKY ID CHARITY PROFIT OVERALL POS 1st Gareth Smith Gsmith13 MS Research $84,193.00 1st 2nd Graham Carter StayOrGo Salvation Army $57,776.00 2nd 3rd Matt Bates MattBates Step Up $46,912.00 4th 4th David Watkin Wacko90 MS Trust $38,129.00 5th

The "Tournament Wins" competition was a much closer affair with Chris Cunliffe (rspca12), just hanging on to beat Matt Bates by one point. Making some well earned money for his charity "Guide Dogs for the Blind.": Top 4 below:

NAME SKY ALIAS CHARITY PLEDGE MAIN WINS MINI WINS £55 BH WINS PTS

Chris Cunliffe rspca12 GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND £50 4 2 15 84    
Matt Bates MattBates STEP UP £50 3 1 23 83    
Gareth Smith Gsmith13 MS RESEARCH £50 5 0 8 66    
David Watkin Wacko90 MS TRUST £50 1 5 4 53    

As mentioned above, final donation figures are not yet known until payment collection finishes, however a 4 figure amount is expected for MS Research, with Step Up, The Salvation Army, Guide Dogs for the Blind and MS Trust all doing very well too. Other charities , like Centrepoint, RSPCA, British Heart Foundation, have also benefited where people have chosen to Sponsor a specific charity.

Congratulations to all the "Winners" and thanks again to everyone who has supported. I'm hoping to have all the trophies and engraving done by February. Perhaps I will be able to present the winner's with their trophies at The UKPC in Nottingham.

Thanks again to all involved. We will be doing the same again in 2016, and it would be wonderful if you could find it within yourselves, to support again.

All the best on and off the tables for 2016!

Cheers,

Graham

Comments

• edited January 2016

Brilliant job Graham in organising this and keeping up the momentum. Nice one from all those who donated (just off to the bank).
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: 2015 TLB Charity Comp ***THE RESULTS***:
     Brilliant job Graham in organising this and keeping up the momentum. Nice one from all those who donated (just off to the bank).
    Posted by NChanning

Many thanks Neil! Having a high profile player, like yourself, supporting this has been much appreciated. I'm sure others have followed your lead, so thanks not only for your donation, but also the enthusiam and interest you have shown.

As soon as I get all the monies in, I will post exactly how much each charity will receive.

I wish you all the best for 2016, I hope you have some great results!

Cheers,

Graham