You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HH

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Reads would be nice. Probably should remove names if you give them

Pre looks ok,although I sometimes fold to 3bvillain dependent, also depends on stacksizes

Flop raise and get it in, too many cards kill action

River are you bluffing? Dont think I like it as a value bet, doubt anything worse calls

Comments

• edited January 2016
     Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.90
    JOKER8686 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £52.59
      Your hole cards

mrleemr1 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £43.69
    saloprob Fold     
    Curt360x27 Fold     
     Raise  £1.90 £2.80 £38.00
    JOKER8686 Fold     
    mrleemr1 Call  £1.40 £4.20 £42.29
    Flop

Bet  £3.15 £7.35 £34.85
    mrleemr1 Call  £3.15 £10.50 £39.14
    Turn

Bet  £5.25 £15.75 £29.60
    mrleemr1 Call  £5.25 £21.00 £33.89
    River

Check     
    mrleemr1 Bet  £13.00 £34.00 £20.89
     Fold     
    mrleemr1 Muck     
    mrleemr1 Win  £19.95  £40.84
    mrleemr1 Return  £13.00 £1.05 £53.84
  • edited January 2016
    Ok preflop is ok, the call is awkward and depending on your opps you might want to fold or raise instead, but I go along with the call. On the flop with that board you need to raise as there are  straight draws, flush draws and even a possible FH draw as KQ is a possible hand. None of these will fold so make them pay now whilst they are prepared to put their money in. If it was a lead out as a bluff you were never getting any more anyway as they will not bet again. Likewise raise the turn. Don't bet the river, the missed flush draw will not call you, but the straight draw which has hit will. It was nice to see a value bet on the river as to many people miss out on these thin value bets, but this was not the hand to do it.
  • edited January 2016
    Sorry guys this was a post to show my friend my hand. It woudlnt let me do it on other discussions.

I was not value betting
  • edited January 2016
    I will delete post shortly 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HH:
    Sorry guys this was a post to show my friend my hand. It woudlnt let me do it on other discussions. I was not value betting
    Posted by mrleemr1
    well that makes it at least mildly interesting. Be intersested in you thought process for hand,if you wanted to discusss it in cash game strat or clinic  
  • edited January 2016
    Tight reg. Has a narrow 3b range. Calling pre is pretty std imo. £39 deep.

Flop I dont mind raising, but the problem here is given his tight range Kx hands will fold, I discard aj from range. Kq/kj sometimes maybe but I am getting 3 pre like never here. If he had AK and I raised would he really call/get it in? I mean maybe but he will also fold alot imo.

The turn Im getting good price to call and then just re-evaluate river/if checked to bet for value.

River given the Q and K are of spades there are very little Fd's I have in my range that arent a straight. Lets say 78 and T8. I dont believe my percieved range when I bet river will ever include turning 2p/sets into bluffs. My Opponent is going to assume I will check back these hands.

His c/calling range is going to be QQ/kk and everything else folds. When he checks he cannot have an ace, checking river from him with an ace would allow me to check back every single hand thats in my range e.g 2p/sets and there are alot, therefore when he checks imo he never has straight.

I can have Axss which are now straight, I can have Aj. I guess I can have ak.

I know that there ent tons of Ax type hands but given he never has straight and that he will percieve me to check back all my 2p/sets then my bet is just gonna work all the time. 

Feel free reply on here, I wont put in other forum and will delete once we have spoke :) 
  • edited January 2016
    Btw I obviously dont think his c/calling range is QQ/KK just saying thats what hands would c/call here
  • edited January 2016
    yeah flop is tricky as it smashes a tight 3bet range. Think I still raise, too many cards shut down weaker part of his range on turn

His c/calling range is going to be QQ/kk and everything else folds
    contradicts
    Btw I obviously dont think his c/calling range is QQ/KK 

so what do you think calls or folds to your river bet 

If his c/c range is KK,QQ betting river is bad . You win the same by checking and lose less when you are behind

Your bet doesnt "work" unless it makes better fold or worse call.  Thats pretty villain dependent. Its prob just about ok here if he folds JJ (if thats in his range for firing turn) 
  • edited January 2016
    Don't play a ton of cash, but as played I would just jam turn. We have £14 left over by the time we call and there's £21 in, we have a set and there are quite a few rivers that are bad for us. Some players wouldn't be able to laydown hands like AA or AK here especially as he'll have to call £14 to win £35 by the time we jam. If he has us beat then he has us beat and we lose the rest of it on most rivers anyway.