You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat box/ massive bet glitch

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
To be honest im Really really annoyed....

This is an issue thats come up before and im sure will come up again, but how can it be acceptable that your download client allows a glitch where you cna be chatting in one chat box you hit enter to send the message and all of a sudden youve placed a large completely random bet elsewhere. ive started this thread so others that have had the issue can post so here so maybe something will be done about it.

i've actually asked CC to ban me from chatting at tables so this never happens to me again, so for anyone i bump into at the tables gl have a good game if they ever fix it let me know and ill try and get myself unbanned

Comments

• edited January 2016

Hi Bus Bloke,

Your annoyance is understandable, & it's something that has bitten us all at some stage.

I'm not sure it is limited to the Download either, I seem to recall it used to happen on the browser, too, though it's been years since I used that.

Truth to tell, I very much doubt there is a quick fix, because the "table to act" pops up.

My solution is "once bitten twice shy" & I'm very very careful now.

Wish I could give you a better answer, but that's my read.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Chat box/ massive bet glitch:
    To be honest im Really really annoyed.... This is an issue thats come up before and im sure will come up again, but how can it be acceptable that your download client allows a glitch where you cna be chatting in one chat box you hit enter to send the message and all of a sudden youve placed a large completely random bet elsewhere. ive started this thread so others that have had the issue can post so here so maybe something will be done about it. i've actually asked CC to ban me from chatting at tables so this never happens to me again, so for anyone i bump into at the tables gl have a good game if they ever fix it let me know and ill try and get myself unbanned
    Posted by RLT16

Barbra  W: Hi you're through Barbra  how may I assist you today ?

RTL16: Hello Barbra , I was playing poker at the tables and I was chatting and I pressed enter 
    Another window popped up and a large bet was made on another  table , I hadnt intended to make this bet
    as I was talking elsewhere, this needs fixing, sorry if Im babbling, but Im pretty annoyed and Its tilting me.
    Its an on going issue , it has been mentioned before.

Barbra W: Can I have your usename please

RTL16 : RTL16 or ***** or something.... 

Barbra W : Can I have your mothers maiden name,  D.O.B and first line of your address please.

RTL16: ***********, **/**/** ,** ***** ******. ** ****

Barbra W: Thank you , Ill retreive your details.

Barbra W : Thank you for waiting, what table  did this occur?

RTL16: Oh, Im not sure,I dont remember, the table isnt important, It could happen at any table.

Barbra W : Okay , I could probably locate the table , What browser are you using? 

RTL16 : Oh,, err Firefox..

RTL16 : I dont see...

Barbra W : Thank you , can you switch to I.E. and download the latest version please.

RTL16: !!!! OKay, ill do that later, if its any help, it was a £16 DYM at 9:00, I finished 4th. Just 10 minutes ago ?

Barbra W: Thank you, one moment please...........

Barbra W: Okay, thank you , I think I have found It. You raised 2,600 leaving yourself 400 behind
     the blinds were only 20/40 .

RTL16 : Yes, thats the one , Is there any way I can be chat banned, so this cant happen to me again, Im going to post something  in the forums about this.

Barbra W: Im Sorry, we cant just chatban for no reason, have you considered improving your Bet-sizing ? I see you were in position
    A flat call would have been better. I looks like  would have lost the hand anyways, your opponent had a straight and you had 7 high.

RTL16 : LOOK< WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET CHAT BANNED AROUND HERE , FFS !!!! ??????

Barbra W : Im sorry,I dont need to be spoken to like this.....

Session closed by sky_admin Barbra W

Session opened by sky_admin Barbra W

Barbra W : Oh, I forgot,  clear your cache and restart your .......
  • edited January 2016

^^^^

Very good.

Everyone except Bus Bloke will enjoy that......
  • edited January 2016
    Yes, fair point,  Im going to lay low for a week or so till he calms down.
  • edited January 2016
    the only thing you missed mumsie was them asking me to have my phone ready to take a screen shot every time i hit enter in chat, as my prt screen button doesnt work on pc :/

and they do actually chat ban you if you ask them to, although the first guy i asked messed that up aswell it went something like this..

lee: hi asad can you chat ban me please

asad: yes sure if you want me to

lee: yes please thanks

asad: ok thats done for you

loads up £11 dym

types in chat to see if ban has been placed

lee: hi andy can you see this?

andy: nice chat ban!!

lee: ffs..... they cant even get that right

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Chat box/ massive bet glitch:
    Hi Bus Bloke, Your annoyance is understandable, & it's something that has bitten us all at some stage.   I'm not sure it is limited to the Download either, I seem to recall it used to happen on the browser, too, though it's been years since I used that. Truth to tell, I very much doubt there is a quick fix, because the "table to act" pops up. My solution is "once bitten twice shy" & I'm very very careful now. Wish I could give you a better answer, but that's my read.
    Posted by Tikay10
    agree with the part in bold, which is why i asked them to chat ban me. with all the facebook groups and the forum anyway i firgure i can stil talk to people that way.

and this will also help with my tilt issues cant get lairy with people in chat if i cant chat :)
  • edited January 2016
    This is why i still use the old tables.

This happened me a few times lost a 5.50 dym because of it lucky the other couple of times i didnt get called.

I think this has been mentioned a number of times over the last 2 years or since the new software came out.
  • edited January 2016
    Without exception, I probably make at least two raises like this every day.
    Doesn't bother me as I only play low stakes, but yes, it's a weird glitch for sure.

ps. If you want to be chat banned, lets play a min stake HU game, get a bit sweary and I'll report it. I know it's daft, but no more daft than CC not removing your chat ability at your own request.
  • edited January 2016
    Without exception, I probably make at least two raises like this every day. Doesn't bother me as I only play low stakes, but yes, it's a weird glitch for sure. ps. If you want to be chat banned, lets play a min stake HU game, get a bit sweary and I'll report it. I know it's daft, but no more daft then CC not removing your chat ability at your own request.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Serves you right for talking too much imo.

No sympathy.
  • edited January 2016
    I don't want sympathy because I don't care, so there, Mr. Smartypants.
    And, I don't talk that much.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Chat box/ massive bet glitch : agree with the part in bold, which is why i asked them to chat ban me. with all the facebook groups and the forum anyway i firgure i can stil talk to people that way. and this will also help with my tilt issues cant get lairy with people in chat if i cant chat :)
    Posted by RLT16
    I'm willing to sit on a table with you, and have you shower me with abuse, and then I'll report your backside.

The things I do for the forum....
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Chat box/ massive bet glitch : I'm willing to sit on a table with you, and have you shower me with abuse, and then I'll report your backside. The things I do for the forum....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I'm willing to sit with you anytime you want :) if I remember rightly last time we say together your chips helped me on the way to a decent main event cash ;) 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Chat box/ massive bet glitch : I'm willing to sit with you anytime you want :) if I remember rightly last time we say together your chips helped me on the way to a decent main event cash ;) 
    Posted by RLT16
    He's good like that
    All round forum good guy
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Chat box/ massive bet glitch : He's good like that All round forum good guy
    Posted by Jac35
    wp
  • edited January 2016
    Ive done it many times but when were 8/10 tabling we shouldnt be chatting to much RLT16 as this can happen and to hard to keep up with tables. Im usually happy to chat when im 1/4 tabling.
  • edited January 2016
    You know what I love how this site is fake
  • edited January 2016
    Ive done it many times but when were 8/10 tabling we shouldnt be chatting to much RLT16 as this can happen and to hard to keep up with tables. Im usually happy to chat when im 1/4 tabling.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    You know your trouble Timmy? Every post of yours I read, on every topic, makes me more convinced of this - you suffer from something called common-sense.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Chat box/ massive bet glitch:
    To be honest im Really really annoyed.... This is an issue thats come up before and im sure will come up again, but how can it be acceptable that your download client allows a glitch where you cna be chatting in one chat box you hit enter to send the message and all of a sudden youve placed a large completely random bet elsewhere. ive started this thread so others that have had the issue can post so here so maybe something will be done about it. i've actually asked CC to ban me from chatting at tables so this never happens to me again, so for anyone i bump into at the tables gl have a good game if they ever fix it let me know and ill try and get myself unbanned
    Posted by RLT16
    This happened to me the other day aswell shoved me all in  with 63os I was like whatttt??? but luckily everyone folded. I hope it it does get sorted soon. Nightmare :)