You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Experiment

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Expecting to be up and running at poker again this week. I've been looking at the Twitch streams and there doesn't seem to be much Sky on there. Anyway, I've had an idea of playing some poker using fixed rules. I'm currently working on a flowchart that will enforce rigid decision making. Hopefully there will be enough 'decision gates' to ensure a decent level of play. Of course it's crazy, and will never work. However, it will negate tilt and give me cause for debate (internal, at least) as to why I would make a certain decision at a certain point. At the moment, I've got 'Do you have AA?' 'No', 'Fold', 'Yes', 'Shove'.
As regular readers of my thoughts will know, there's actually a little more to it than that.

When I have a working flowchart, I'll use it to play some poker and see where it goes. I'll probably stream it too. Just a little something to keep me busy and maybe question how I play poker in general.

Are you with me so far?

Bench

Comments

• edited January 2016

Go with the flow.
  • edited January 2016
    I programmed the algorythm to evaluate and compare Hand strength as part of my final project in my Uni degree. ( admittedly a few years ago now!)

It was a nightmare. the hand strengths are easy, - the hard part was working out who was in front if both players had 5 cards to the flush & utilised a hole card each (i.e one was in front) also factor in side pots & split pots etc, and it gets very complex very fast.

On the plus side I did finish it & got full marks.