You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Billionth Hand Bonanza

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

Or to give it it's correct title, "Road to a Billion" has been announced today.

Details are on the Promo page, HERE

Comments

• edited January 2016

It's a great Promo (imo.....) but it's quite complicated, so please read the details, & T & C's. carefully.

Any questions, use this thread please. I've had a bit of a teach-in from the Office this morning, so I hope I can answer most regular questions.

I may be AWOL most of today (big Gym session awaits) but I'll reply to all questions by close of business this evening or first thing in the morning.

• edited January 2016

Here's a question which may get asked, so I'll reply now.

There is a "£20,000 Billionth Hand Freeroll" for which there are (is?) various entry criteria.

One of them is.....

3. Win any Main or Mini event throughout January

So yes, in anticipation, that includes the Main & Mini on 1st, 2nd, & 3rd January. So 6 players are already in.
  • edited January 2016

You may also note a rather pleasant surprise within the Promo, with news of something else.
  • edited January 2016

....Sky Poker are doing Vegas again this year?
  • edited January 2016
    Stop teasing us 
  • edited January 2016

Possibly.......

You must draw your own inference from the "Billionth Hand Promo". 

Normally, Sky Poker like to have back-to-back Satellite Schedules throughout the year, eg, Feb UKPC, Viva Las Vegas, August/September UKPC, Punta Cana, etc. If they all run, that is. 

I would expect any announcement as to Viva Las Vegas to be around the time of the UKPC, so that as UKPC Sats end, Viva Las Vegas could commence. In theory that is, of course.

The Vegas package package offered in the Billion Hand jobbie is likely to be late June or early July.

• edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    just a quickie
       Should players become ineligible because they havent earned 50 poker points or more the prize will move to the next player after them.

what if it falls on a monday,tues,weds,thurs.most low stakers wont have earned 50 points or will it be from the week before, thx
  • edited January 2016

Billionth Hand Prizes Terms and Conditions

1.    Winner of the billionth hand will recieve a Las Vegas package, UKPC package and entry into the £20,000 Billionth Hand freeroll.
    2.    Winner of the billionth hand will be contacted with 72 hours to discuss details. There will be no cash alternative for the Las Vegas package.
    3. The Las Vegas package will have a value of up to £4000
    4.    All others playing in the hand will get a UKPC package and entry into the £20,000 Bounty Hunter freeroll.

A bounty hunter freeroll?  That will bring carnage to a whole new level!  Could you make it a turbo rebuy too just for the lolz?  :)

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Billionth Hand Bonanza:
    Here's a question which may get asked, so I'll reply now. There is a "£20,000 Billionth Hand Freeroll" for which there are (is?) various entry criteria. One of them is..... 3. FT any Main or Mini event throughout January So yes, in anticipation, that includes the Main & Mini on 1st, 2nd, & 3rd January. So 36 players are already in.
    Posted by Tikay10

Brilliant news as I just scraped 6th spot in tonight's mini ;)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Billionth Hand Bonanza : Brilliant news as I just scraped 6th spot in tonight's mini ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good try........
  • edited January 2016
    just a quickie    Should players become ineligible because they havent earned 50 poker points or more the prize will move to the next player after them. what if it falls on a monday,tues,weds,thurs.most low stakers wont have earned 50 points or will it be from the week before, thx
    Posted by stokefc
    Hi Stokey,

For the 990-999 (million) Milestone hands, the requirement is 25 points, for the Billionth hand is it 50 points.

However, that is in the 24 hours immediately preceding, NOT the preceding week.

"...Customers who play and earn 25 Poker Points in the 24 hours leading up to each milestone hand (990 - 999) will gain access into an exclusive £2,000 freeroll the following night at 20:00......" 

"...1. Earn 50 points in the 24 hours leading up to the billionth hand......"

PS - good luck tonight, v Liverpool.  

• edited January 2016
    thx for the clarification Tikay
    UTMP
  • edited January 2016

Getting better....got 4th in tonight's mini (thin). Do I get the cash equivalent for this result as I won my seat last night?
  • edited January 2016
    Great promo ... 

is there anywhere on site we can see what hand no. sky is on so to keep an eye on things and be online at the right time?

cheers!

John
  • edited January 2016
    Great promo ...  is there anywhere on site we can see what hand no. sky is on so to keep an eye on things and be online at the right time? cheers! John
    Posted by j0hns0ns
    Hi John,

If you open any real money table, you will be able to see the current hand number, at the top, in the middle.
  • edited January 2016

the billionth hand is likely to be early/mid february.

1 million hands every 3 days.  12 million hands to go = 36 days.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Billionth Hand Bonanza : Hi John, If you open any real money table, you will be able to see the current hand number, at the top, in the middle.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Oh yeh! Knew I'd seen it about somewhere... just never had a reason to clock it!

thanks, good stuff!
  • edited January 2016
    the billionth hand is likely to be early/mid february. 1 million hands every 3 days.  12 million hands to go = 36 days.
    Posted by aussie09
    This would make it 12th Feb. However, traffic in January is historically (according to google) 7% higher in January than the rolling average for October-December. This would put it about 9/10 Feb. With the extra interest this promotion hopes to generate, I'd put it about a day earlier on Monday 8th Feb.

I recall when Sky did the 900 millionth hand promo, the small stakes games were smacked with people playing literally scores of tables and the 900 millionth hand came very suddenly, about 1 or 2 hours before anticipated even for those of us keeping a close eye. We can expect this to happen again so it could even be the afternoon of the 8th. With a Vegas slot up for grabs, I'll be loading up as many small stakes tables as possible on about 8th Feb.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Billionth Hand Bonanza : This would make it 12th Feb. However, traffic in January is historically (according to google) 7% higher in January than the rolling average for October-December. This would put it about 9/10 Feb. With the extra interest this promotion hopes to generate, I'd put it about a day earlier on Monday 8th Feb. I recall when Sky did the 900 millionth hand promo, the small stakes games were smacked with people playing literally scores of tables and the 900 millionth hand came very suddenly, about 1 or 2 hours before anticipated even for those of us keeping a close eye. We can expect this to happen again so it could even be the afternoon of the 8th. With a Vegas slot up for grabs, I'll be loading up as many small stakes tables as possible on about 8th Feb.
    Posted by BigBluster

Thank you for the stats. That's why I wanted to know how.many hands were played 

• edited January 2016
    I'll take the unders.

There will be 10 interim payouts at 990mil 991mil etc
    There are double promos on all month.

• edited January 2016

^^^^

Me too.

Add in any bad weather which also boosts traffic, & I'm deffo on the unders.
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    Def less imo
    Posted by mrleemr1
    We're all doomed Mr Manwairing. Theres a snow bomb coming to get us. Quick get to the shop for rations of bread and milk and then hope the net can survive the traffic of people been snowed in. ;)