You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

After seeing the amazing trip you had last year I have just booked Punta Cana for October and will be taking the wonderful girlfriend.

Any recomendation on things to do from the guys who went?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Punta Cana:
    After seeing the amazing trip you had last year I have just booked Punta Cana for October and will be taking the wonderful girlfriend. Any recomendation on things to do from the guys who went?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Scuba diving if you've never tried it. They do a pool and theory session and then take you out diving in the reef, which is pretty awesome. Can't remember the name of the company but they have a desk at hard rock.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana:
    In Response to Punta Cana : Scuba diving if you've never tried it. They do a pool and theory session and then take you out diving in the reef, which is pretty awesome. Can't remember the name of the company but they have a desk at hard rock.
    Posted by radiofed28

Always something I have wanted to do so will def check this out!! Can you remember how much it was rougly?

Also what are the resort credits like?

We ended up booking a rock star suite and we get a personal assistant which is pretty cool.... hopefully he can drag me away from the tables when on a downswing haha
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Itsover4u.

Firstly, its an amazing place and you can't fail to have a holiday of a lifetime.

The resort credits are abit of a con tho.  They can be used for very little and there's often hidden charges involved.  Saying that there is so much to do it really doesn't matter.  The Pina Coladas are great!

Have a fab holiday!

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana:
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana : Always something I have wanted to do so will def check this out!! Can you remember how much it was rougly? Also what are the resort credits like? We ended up booking a rock star suite and we get a personal assistant which is pretty cool.... hopefully he can drag me away from the tables when on a downswing haha
    Posted by Itsover4u
    It was about £130 PP I think, that included training, pool dive, boat ride out to reef and two 30 minute dives. 

As above, credits are a bit of a con - you don't really get anything with them since the prices of everything is just inflated such that the 20% "tax" you have to pay when using them actually just reflects the real price of the object/activity. That said, my girl friend used them for the horse riding which meant she had to pay $20 or something each time to ride along the beach for an hour, which is a decent price I guess.

Have a great time!
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Punta Cana:
    After seeing the amazing trip you had last year I have just booked Punta Cana for October and will be taking the wonderful girlfriend. Any recomendation on things to do from the guys who went?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Hi, Email the resort and they will send you a list of all the available activities and prices. The credits are a bit of a marketing con but unless you are familiar with the country i would book through the hotel for safety.Not all the activities are available through credits. Some of the activities only run on certain days.The in house credit acitivities like massages/haircare get booked up very fast, you may want to book these quickly. You can book all before arrival.  
    Punta cana tournament runs 25 to 31 october.
    Take us dollars-no need for local currency
    Transport is taxi (expensive). If your confident hire a car if you want to see island/shopping.Public transpor not advisable
    Don't buy at beach. If you do pay around third of asking price.
    Check out map of hotel online. Its very big.See whether you want to be close to main building or beach or adult pool and then request room to the nearest building
    Drink/use only bottled water, even when brushing teeth. 
    Malaria tablets - Advisable to take.    
    Tipping - Did not see much as gratuties included in booking. I took a bunch of $1 notes.
    No visa but will need a tourist card each. $10 each at airport or you can purchase online at twice the price.
    $20 each for departure tax paid at airport so dont spend all your money

As for hookers,strippers and swinging clubs apparently Tikay is very knowledgable.

Have a great time