You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rubbish freerolls on sky......

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Really arnt worth bothering with now.........what else are you supposed to use your points on now???

Come on sky give something back to the punters!!

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Rubbish freerolls on sky......:
    Really arnt worth bothering with now.........what else are you supposed to use your points on now??? Come on sky give something back to the punters!!
    Posted by camilog
    your points are used at the end of each week/month when sky pay out the bonuses, the freerolls are just an extra i dont quite get how people dont understand this???  sky remove the running total from the account page please put an end to these posts :/ 

thats what they are giving back to the punters... onotp of the very good rewards Fr the runs 5 times a week..
  • edited January 2016
    dont be so negative  the free rolls worth alit more theses days
    win one 100 quid free and an tournament seat too boot oh thats free
    ive won this free ok might been 60 quid but turned that into 440 lol 
    so stop moaning about  there rubbish and get on with it lol
  • edited January 2016
    Really arnt worth bothering with now.........what else are you supposed to use your points on now??? Come on sky give something back to the punters!!
    Posted by camilog

Sound advice, I shant bother with anymore tonight, tomorrows another day.

Want to tell us what happened with the monkey?

dont be so negative  the free rolls worth alit more theses days win one 100 quid free and an tournament seat too boot oh thats free ive won this free ok might been 60 quid but turned that into 440 lol  so stop moaning about  there rubbish and get on with it lol
    Posted by vegasman

+1 and N1
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by camilog
    yeah come on, its not like you run 5 FR every week with added value of a £1000 UKPC seat to the winner 

or nightly FR with 2 seats to the UKPC final worth £200 each

or the weekly rakeback...

oh wait

ps Thanks Sky I won a seat tonight (blatant brag ;-))
  • edited January 2016
    how do you get rid of those points,on account it says points earned so far 11,000. Is this just a runninh total as ive never paid more than 20 to play a freeroll?
  • edited January 2016
    Firstly, PP totals are irrelevant. If sky deleted them at the end of each month when you got your rewards from them then this would stop these frankly stupid posts

Secondly, I challenge anyone to tell me another poker site that does better FR than Sky. Quite frankly it's insane how much added value Sky put in them, sometimes seats wort £1100!! For free. Sorry, but to criticise on this point is ludicrous. 
  • edited January 2016
    Gotta love players who wont spend a penny to play poker but wants the world in return
  • edited January 2016
    Won over 60 quid in the last two weeks playing freerolls  they keep me playing without having to deposit more why would you not be happy with free money you have already been rewarded depending on what level you play either rake back or free tournament tokens this is for nothing enjoy
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by camilog
    Morning Camilog.

Have you had a change of heart, then?

Last year, you wrote
    THIS

Or, to save you clicking that link....

"Qualified for the £20,000 UKOPS 4 coming this monday night..... from a 50pt freeroll.... it is a £110 but in tourney..... There was 442 runners and the top 3 qualified for this event... Absoloutly buzzing..."

The date you wrote that?

16th April.

Exactly 3 days later - 19th April, you wrote THIS

To save clicking the link......

"lost it on a horse.... gonna play my last tourney on this joke site on Monday night 20k ukop 4 ... won a buy in via freeroll... then thats my whack with this site.......... got to be the worst site going at the moment..."

I think, secretly, you must love Sky Poker, as you are still here. Long may it last.

Good luck at the tables.  
  • edited January 2016

For the record, the current weekday Daily Freeroll Menu on Sky Poker guarantees approx £2,680 per day, add in bits & bobs over the weekend, call it £20,000 per week.   

That is £1,000,000 per year.

Tons of Promo Freerolls, too, in the Winter Giveaway in December, some £30,000 worth of Freerolls were offered. 

If you just play the weekday UKPC FR & Rewards Freeroll, the value per player equals about £3. That's a pint of beer & 10 ciggies. 

Relative to the size of the site, I doubt any Online Poker site gives away more pro-rata in Freerolls.

I spend more every day in Tesco that I do on Sky Poker, but Tesco never give me so much as a free sticky bun. It's an outrage really. 

• edited January 2016

Whilst we are chatting about the (dubious?) merits of Freerolls on Sky Poker, congratulations to "ripperz".

He plays mainly Freerolls on Sky Poker, & modest buy-in MTT's. Last night he binked a £1,100 UKPC Main Event seat in the Daily Rewards Freeroll.

I don't know the chap (or young Lady) but I'd bet good money that was his biggest ever poker win.

How cool is that? 

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky......:
    For the record, the current weekday Daily Freeroll Menu on Sky Poker guarantees approx £2,680 per day, add in bits & bobs over the weekend, call it £20,000 per week.    That is £1,000,000 per year. Tons of Promo Freerolls, too, in the Winter Giveaway in December, some £30,000 worth of Freerolls were offered.  If you just play the weekday UKPC FR & Rewards Freeroll, the value per player equals about £3. That's a pint of beer & 10 ciggies.  Relative to the size of the site, I doubt any Online Poker site gives away more pro-rata in Freerolls. I spend more every day in Tesco that I do on Sky Poker, but Tesco never give me so much as a free sticky bun. It's an outrage really.    
    Posted by Tikay10

In 1980? Haha
  • edited January 2016
    Whilst we are chatting about the (dubious?) merits of Freerolls on Sky Poker, congratulations to " ripperz ". He plays mainly Freerolls on Sky Poker, & modest buy-in MTT's. Last night he binked a £1,100 UKPC Main Event seat in the Daily Rewards Freeroll. I don't know the chap (or young Lady) but I'd bet good money that was his biggest ever poker win.   How cool is that?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah!   But who rewards the rubbish Player.?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : Morning Camilog.   Have you had a change of heart, then? Last year, you wrote THIS Or, to save you clicking that link.... "Qualified for the £20,000 UKOPS 4 coming this monday night..... from a 50pt freeroll.... it is a £110 but in tourney..... There was 442 runners and the top 3 qualified for this event... Absoloutly buzzing..." The date you wrote that? 16th April.   Exactly 3 days later - 19th April, you wrote THIS To save clicking the link...... "lost it on a horse.... gonna play my last tourney on this joke site on Monday night 20k ukop 4 ... won a buy in via freeroll... then thats my whack with this site.......... got to be the worst site going at the moment..."   I think, secretly, you must love Sky Poker, as you are still here. Long may it last. Good luck at the tables.  
    Posted by Tikay10

yes but unless I am missing something, or dont play often enough.I dont seem to get the chance to eter these now..

The only freerolls I can enter are the 3 £20 gt turbo ones!!! Would that be correct?? Or am I missing something??
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : yes but unless I am missing something, or dont play often enough.I dont seem to get the chance to eter these now.. The only freerolls I can enter are the 3 £20 gt turbo ones!!! Would that be correct?? Or am I missing something??
    Posted by camilog
    No, don't think you are missing anything.

It's a fact of life though, they don't allow players to enter most of those Freerolls unless they attain a certain volume.

Imagine if there was no barrier to entry to all the Freerolls. Thousands - tens of thousands - of players who never deposit or play here would flood the site every night just to play them, & with no intention of ever depositing. What sense would that make? And how would the loyal regulars here, who spend money on reg fees & cash rake night after night feel if all that money went to freeloaders? And what business sense would it make?

For those who cant afford to play much, it's sad, but it's a game played for money, & not all of those can afford that money. They have no entitlement to free money from a Business though.

Let's refer back to Tesco again. If I never spent much or any money there, why would they give me freebies every day? Not one business in the world gives money away without good reason. Freerolls are stick & carrot. Spend money here, & Sky Poker give a bit back. It's how every Online Poker site on earth works.   

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : yes but unless I am missing something, or dont play often enough.I dont seem to get the chance to eter these now.. The only freerolls I can enter are the 3 £20 gt turbo ones!!! Would that be correct?? Or am I missing something??
    Posted by camilog

Camilog, over the years you have made good money from Sky for small investments.

You have given Sky £0.50 in rake so far this year, I don't think that really qualifies you as a 'punter' so in those circumstances I personally wouldn't expect anything back.
  • edited January 2016
      Why am I  (not) being taken Seriously any more.?  tc
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : Camilog, over the years you have made good money from Sky for small investments. You have given Sky £0.50 in rake so far this year, I don't think that really qualifies you as a 'punter' so in those circumstances I personally wouldn't expect anything back.
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Thats fair enough, I didnt know it worked that way.....But I got a lot more freerolls maybe a year or so ago, and i dont think I played anymore then than I do now..... (maybe I did, its just seems like I never)

But I think its only fair the more you play the more you get!!!
  • edited January 2016
    Still waiting for your take on the monkey murder...Camilog ?
  • edited January 2016
    Still waiting for your take on the monkey murder...Camilog ?
    Posted by mumsie

This country would be i a worse state than it is now if we never hung the durty little spying monkey!!!!!
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : Thats fair enough, I didnt know it worked that way.....But I got a lot more freerolls maybe a year or so ago, and i dont think I played anymore then than I do now..... (maybe I did, its just seems like I never) But I think its only fair the more you play the more you get!!!
    Posted by camilog
    No, the aggregate value of Freerolls now, compared with this time last year, has increased considerably.

The new Rewards System arrived on June 1st 2015, & part of it's logic was to reward players who played regularly with a Freeroll every weekday evening.

That Freeroll, which is still running, has a Guarantee of £1,000 Per weekday night, so that's £250,000 per year.

It actually averages £1,500 per weekday night, even though the splurge says "£1,000", so that is £375,000 per annum.

At present, & right through January, it is worth £2,100 per weekday night, so that annualises to £546,000 per annum.

Apart from the Rewards Freeroll, there are 5 x £20 Freerolls daily, & 1 x £480 UKPC Freeroll daily, so that annualises to another £150,000 per annum. 

That is considerably in excess of the same time last year.   

• edited January 2016
     I just won 13p on the 12.00 clock Freeroll   ty sky!
  • edited January 2016
    Firstly, PP totals are irrelevant. If sky deleted them at the end of each month when you got your rewards from them then this would stop these frankly stupid posts Secondly, I challenge anyone to tell me another poker site that does better FR than Sky. Quite frankly it's insane how much added value Sky put in them, sometimes seats wort £1100!! For free. Sorry, but to criticise on this point is ludicrous. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    +1 like they used to do.
  • edited January 2016
    The other day I was having a chat with a player whos bankroll is large enough to make direct entries into the main events, but even he had reason to make entry into some recent freerolls. that should tell you just how much the value of these freerolls has been.
  • edited January 2016
    I never ever play freerolls but i actually played one the other day, the prize is sweet dont see how anyone can knock it.
  • edited January 2016
    I never ever play freerolls*but i actually played one the other day, the prize is sweet dont see how anyone can knock it.
    Posted by alex1229
    Fixed your post 
    Except when there's free beer at Dtd :)

• edited January 2016
    the poker points freerolls are pretty useless to most and rightly so. they should be only for players with no bankroll or the beginners so they can get the hang of things. 
    players that got alot of poker points before the new rewards or even those that received there poker points before there was any reward system in place will have bundles of points doing nothing.

the new freeroll's are very good value for money and for only 50 poker points earned are very good value. which i walked yesterday only playing 30p dym.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish freerolls on sky...... : Fixed your post  Except when there's free beer at Dtd :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Haha yes so so true

Although due to beer i cant actually remember it occuring so it doesnt count ;)
  • edited January 2016
    just looked at the freeroll and sky are making a tiny profit from it. 

like to know small players thoughts on this?

the profit has been made via re buys and addon's

me personally would like to see the rebuy money added to the prizepool like other sites do but hey its a freebie.
  • edited January 2016
    rubbish aint they