You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Tikay or skydan.

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
I've had issues with Sky and their (acceptable) glitches for a while now hence the reason ive not played for 2 months.. Main one is making a ft and not being able to see your hole cards the first hand you get seated. Totally effing annoying when you fold and then get to see what you folded. This happened to me earlier tonight and not for the first time. This is my first grieveance. Please sort this ou, but isn't mh main bone of contention.

Now! aside from this happening to me again tonight, I have a bigger issue.

We have 10 players left from 463 in the 5k turbo. The action is folded around to me in SB. I have around 11bs and shove. BB folds and instead of chips winging their way to me, my chips slide into the middle and the community cards are dealt and utg wins the pot, eliminating me in 10th place.

There were bo chips in the middle other than the blinds and no chips from any other player on the table. There were no cards infront of any players at the table other than me and the bb.

End result, phantom utg all in player wins the hand and I bust 10th for 76.50 whereas 1st paid 1250. Im not saying I would  have won the tourney but to get offered my buy in back from live help is an insult.

Please look into this as it has now gone beyond a joke. I appeal to all players who have had the same or similar issues to post a reply as ive now had enough.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    The FT problem is a known one but I don't know if a solution is likely.

Never seen the situation you are saying about with the UTG. Can you post the hand, you sure you didn't miss them go all in?
  • edited January 2016

Matt, I respect you as a player but are you taking the Michael?  I was speaking to live help and they asked the same question. Diane even stated that the utg player had gone all in and I, then went all in from sb. I don't dispute that the utg player shoved cos the hand played out and he won. What I do dispute is the fact that when it was my turn to act. There were the blinds in the middle and  no other player at the table had cards infront of them other than me and BB.

You know what? My main  issue isn't the fact that this issue has potentially cost me a lot of money. It's the fact that Live help treat me like a bit of an imbecile and had  the audacity to think that giving me my buy in back was an adequate compromise and above all, question my integrity.

I've had a 2 month break from the game as I have fell out of love with the game and come back to Sky as I like a lot of what the site has to offer but tonight has pretty much made my mind up. I do hope Sky do the right thing on the back of this.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to FAO Tikay or skydan.:
    I've had issues with Sky and their (acceptable) glitches for a while now hence the reason ive not played for 2 months.. Main one is making a ft and not being able to see your hole cards the first hand you get seated. Totally effing annoying when you fold and then get to see what you folded. This happened to me earlier tonight and not for the first time. This is my first grieveance. Please sort this ou, but isn't mh main bone of contention. Now! aside from this happening to me again tonight, I have a bigger issue. We have 10 players left from 463 in the 5k turbo. The action is folded around to me in SB. I have around 11bs and shove. BB folds and instead of chips winging their way to me, my chips slide into the middle and the community cards are dealt and utg wins the pot, eliminating me in 10th place. There were bo chips in the middle other than the blinds and no chips from any other player on the table. There were no cards infront of any players at the table other than me and the bb. End result, phantom utg all in player wins the hand and I bust 10th for 76.50 whereas 1st paid 1250. Im not saying I would  have won the tourney but to get offered my buy in back from live help is an insult. Please look into this as it has now gone beyond a joke. I appeal to all players who have had the same or similar issues to post a reply as ive now had enough.
    Posted by cowhead

It wasn't me.

PS Sky Dan doesn't work here any more.

I suggest you post in feedback bug bounty section about the utg sb hand with hand id. That's a new one on me. 

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: FAO Tikay or skydan.:
    Matt, I respect you as a player but are you taking the Michael?  I was speaking to live help and they asked the same question. Diane even stated that the utg player had gone all in and I, then went all in from sb. I don't dispute that the utg player shoved cos the hand played out and he won. What I do dispute is the fact that when it was my turn to act. There were the blinds in the middle and  no other player at the table had cards infront of them other than me and BB. You know what? My main  issue isn't the fact that this issue has potentially cost me a lot of money. It's the fact that Live help treat me like a bit of an imbecile and had  the audacity to think that giving me my buy in back was an adequate compromise and above all, question my integrity. I've had a 2 month break from the game as I have fell out of love with the game and come back to Sky as I like a lot of what the site has to offer but tonight has pretty much made my mind up. I do hope Sky do the right thing on the back of this.
    Posted by cowhead
    I have played a fair bit on sky and have a fair few friends who play on here and you are talking about a situation I have never seen or heard about that situation before so thats why I asked the question. 

The other issue, the FT one is a known problem which I sympathise with. 
  • edited January 2016
    Matt, I respect you as a player but are you taking the Michael?  I was speaking to live help and they asked the same question. Diane even stated that the utg player had gone all in and I, then went all in from sb. I don't dispute that the utg player shoved cos the hand played out and he won. What I do dispute is the fact that when it was my turn to act. There were the blinds in the middle and  no other player at the table had cards infront of them other than me and BB. You know what? My main  issue isn't the fact that this issue has potentially cost me a lot of money. It's the fact that Live help treat me like a bit of an imbecile and had  the audacity to think that giving me my buy in back was an adequate compromise and above all, question my integrity. I've had a 2 month break from the game as I have fell out of love with the game and come back to Sky as I like a lot of what the site has to offer but tonight has pretty much made my mind up. I do hope Sky do the right thing on the back of this.
    Posted by cowhead
    Morning Dave.

Was hoping you might be a bit happier, after you beat Villa over the weekend. What chances do you think my bet on Sunderland to go down has now?

Ok, those two gripes. (Unforch, it falls to me, as Sky Dan is not around these days).

CC treated you like an "imbecile". I can understand you were a bit revved up, perhaps understandably, but that's a little unfair. They get THE most odd & peculiar questions, & a lot of people really do try it on. You were not, of course, but they don't know that. And the problem with that "phantom hand" is that, to my knowledge, not one player, ever, has  reported that fault before (& peeps are not generally slow to complain). It's a complete mystery, a really odd one, so it was outside of their experience & understanding. I doubt anyone can figure it out without actually seeing it happen, & it's not possible to "recreate" it.

It may be that several other similar complaints will arise in the coming days, which will, in an odd way, help identify it. Until then, it's just hard to figure what might have happened. 

MattBates was not "taking the Michael" either. He's played 11,000 MTT's here, & when something goes wrong, he does not hesitate to give Sky Poker - & me for that matter - some grief, so it's not like he is a stool pigeon or somesuch. He was just trying to be  genuinely helpful. 

The other prob - missing the first hand of a Final Table has been a bit of a problem for some time now.  You mention "acceptable glitches", which is fair comment. Depends what is deemed an "acceptable" glitch. I suppose because I'm getting on a bit, & have mellowed to such things, but it is not something I'd allow myself to get uppity about. Logically, mathematically, it won't often make much difference.

It's bang wrong though, of course it is. It's what they call an "edge case", & as such, extremely hard to resolve. Do they know about it? Yes. Do they know the solution? I don't think they do.

I'd like to say the problem will go away next week, or next month, but I have a feeling it won't.

That's not the reply you wanted, but it's how I see it. 

Happy New Year, Dave, & maybe Big Sam will buy the cerebral Andy Carroll, & solve some of your problems. He's more of a head case than an edge case, imo. ;)     

• edited January 2016
    My apologies to Matt, i guess i was still a little heated and overeacted to someone trying to be helpful. 
    Saying live help treat me like an imbecile was an overreaction too. 
    So, almost 24 hours to reflect on the situation. Still dissapointed, very dissapointed. Still waiting for a phone call which i was promised last night. Still pretty heated because live help blew me off after i said i didnt have a screenshot of what happened because i never expected what happened to happen. 

Quick question for Matt though. In all your time on sky have you, or any of your friends on Sky come across a situation where your hands get dealt face down? Or, you're multi tabling and some/most of your tables disconnect but can still act in others? 
    These are 2 things that have happened in the past which didn't seem to have happened to anyone else but I was fortunate enough to have taken a screenshot of both when i reported them.

Going back to Tikay, in regards to last nights issue, thinking back i have actually seen something a bit similar. On occasion i've noticed a player has chips infront of them like theyve acted but the pot total doesnt reflect what has seemingly been put in. Ie: sb and bb are in the middle and pot total is say 120 at 40/80 and like i've said, there are actual chips infront of a player like theyve acted but the pot size remains the same. I've noticed this a few times recently but have already folded and not been still left to act so i dont know how i'd react in the hand from there. 

As for Sunderland, we've had a really tough December, playing a lot of the top sides. Sam needs to pick up a few players in the xfer window and we'll be ok. I've managed to get to most home games so far this season and imo we've actually not been too bad. I'd be worried if we werent scoring goals or at least creating chances but we are. Tighten up a little at the back and we'll be ok i'm sure.
  • edited January 2016
    cowhead the next time you cant see either the cards or other players at the table, leave sky poker and then enter back in straight away. it always happens on the final table but this rectifies it and you'll only lose a few hands at most. it works every time. be cool.
  • edited January 2016
    My apologies to Matt, i guess i was still a little heated and overeacted to someone trying to be helpful.  Saying live help treat me like an imbecile was an overreaction too.  So, almost 24 hours to reflect on the situation. Still dissapointed, very dissapointed. Still waiting for a phone call which i was promised last night. Still pretty heated because live help blew me off after i said i didnt have a screenshot of what happened because i never expected what happened to happen.  Quick question for Matt though. In all your time on sky have you, or any of your friends on Sky come across a situation where your hands get dealt face down? Or, you're multi tabling and some/most of your tables disconnect but can still act in others?  These are 2 things that have happened in the past which didn't seem to have happened to anyone else but I was fortunate enough to have taken a screenshot of both when i reported them. Going back to Tikay, in regards to last nights issue, thinking back i have actually seen something a bit similar. On occasion i've noticed a player has chips infront of them like theyve acted but the pot total doesnt reflect what has seemingly been put in. Ie: sb and bb are in the middle and pot total is say 120 at 40/80 and like i've said, there are actual chips infront of a player like theyve acted but the pot size remains the same. I've noticed this a few times recently but have already folded and not been still left to act so i dont know how i'd react in the hand from there.  As for Sunderland, we've had a really tough December, playing a lot of the top sides. Sam needs to pick up a few players in the xfer window and we'll be ok. I've managed to get to most home games so far this season and imo we've actually not been too bad. I'd be worried if we werent scoring goals or at least creating chances but we are. Tighten up a little at the back and we'll be ok i'm sure.
    Posted by cowhead

Hi Dave,

Define "face down".

If you mean "invisible", yes, we have all had that loads of times, I see it (or not....) once or twice most nights in a 3 hour 30 game SNG session. I suppose I should get cross about it, but I don't. Another of those "glitches", which some find unacceptable, & others never mention. Think we have all experienced it though.  

If you genuinely mean "face down", then no, never. They are "virtual" playing cards, they don't have two sides. Which you know, & I'm not treating you like a you know what, but they just don't have two sides. 

• edited January 2016
    Next time i'm on my PC i'll post a picture. And yes, i mean face down. It was an issue i had a while back when deep into a mtt, live help didnt believe me until i sent them a screenshot.
  • edited January 2016
    Next time i'm on my PC i'll post a picture. And yes, i mean face down. It was an issue i had a while back when deep into a mtt, live help didnt believe me until i sent them a screenshot.
    Posted by cowhead
    Gotcha, thanks Dave.

I'd actually be interested to see what the back of a Sky Poker (online) card looks like.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: FAO Tikay or skydan. : Gotcha, thanks Dave. I'd actually be interested to see what the back of a Sky Poker (online) card looks like.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Every time you play a DYM, all your opponents have cards which are face down, don't they?
  • edited January 2016

^^^^

Err.........oh yes.

I only see them about, well, 25,000 times per night......

Shoot me now.

Dave - ignore me.

My apologies.

• edited January 2016
    ^^^^ Err.........oh yes. I only see them about, well, 25,000 times per night...... Shoot me now. Dave - ignore me. My apologies.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I did wonder what the hell you were on about. Senior moment.
  • edited January 2016
    In reply to the first post could it be related to lag? i.e utg had bet but for some reason it didn't show up on your PC, all your PC picked up was the folding of the other players, then when you bet, it caught up and hence you then found out that utg had bet, not folded. The fact that he had no cards showing could be related to the ongoing longstanding issue of cards not appearing. If you actually saw utg fold them obviously this is not the answer.

By the way has anyone else noticed that when you have the 'no cards' glitch they do appear very, very briefly and, as long as you are quick enough to see them, you can act accordingly and they come back later in the hand.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: FAO Tikay or skydan. : I did wonder what the hell you were on about. Senior moment.
    Posted by Enut
    Plot well & truly LOST.
  • edited January 2016

Tikay works for Sky. They all see all of the cards face up on every table.

#potstirring

To OP - there are anomalies with this software but not everyone sees all the different ones. Did you have the other table open (viewing it) while it was H4H before the FT? That sometimes throws a spanner in the works when it then becomes one table.
  • edited January 2016
    Tikay works for Sky. They all see all of the cards face up on every table. #potstirring To OP - there are anomalies with this software but not everyone sees all the different ones. Did you have the other table open (viewing it) while it was H4H before the FT? That sometimes throws a spanner in the works when it then becomes one table.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    We were playing 2x tables of 5 Ally. It wasn't H4H.
  • edited January 2016
    In reply to the first post could it be related to lag? i.e utg had bet but for some reason it didn't show up on your PC, all your PC picked up was the folding of the other players, then when you bet, it caught up and hence you then found out that utg had bet, not folded. The fact that he had no cards showing could be related to the ongoing longstanding issue of cards not appearing. If you actually saw utg fold them obviously this is not the answer. By the way has anyone else noticed that when you have the 'no cards' glitch they do appear very, very briefly and, as long as you are quick enough to see them, you can act accordingly and they come back later in the hand.
    Posted by Enut
    It could possibly be down to lag. I had 2-3 other tables open and didn't see the guy utg fold. I maybe saw the c/o and button fold. Scanned the table and there were no chips in the middle and the total pot was the blinds combined.