You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How many hands are played on sky each day?

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Wonder if anyone knows how many hands of poker are played on Sky each day.

Comments

• edited January 2016

Historically - as in yesterday - that's easy. at the top of each table, there is a "Hand Number". Just take note of it at Midnight on successive nights.

Looking forward, predicting that number, is another thing altogether, as traffic flow is affected by such a variety of things. Generally though anyone could guess it to within a few %.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: How many hands are played on sky each day?:
    Historically - as in yesterday - that's easy. at the top of each table, there is a "Hand Number". Just take note of it at Midnight on successive nights. Looking forward, predicting that number, is another thing altogether, as traffic flow is affected by such a variety of things. Generally though anyone could guess it to within a few %.  
    Posted by Tikay10

well, anytime will do really.  just the same time.

• edited January 2016

did skypoker not run a quiz the other week?   c.350,000 hands

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: How many hands are played on sky each day? : well, anytime will do really.  just the same time.
    Posted by aussie09
    Yes, true. The Business "strikes" that number at midnight, in the same way as a Balance Sheet is struck at Midnight on the last day of the month or whatever. If we all check it at a different time of day, we'd all get a slightly different number.

But yes, any time will do, as long as the same time both days is used.  

• edited January 2016
    Mumsie to the rescue......

On 20th DEC at 19:47:43 I played hand number 980637660

Next day at 19:46:43 I played hand number 980995583

So almost a day later  bar one minute,  357,923 hands were played.

I know it doesnt exactly answer your question, but thats the best I can do.
  • edited January 2016
    Mumsie to the rescue...... On 20th DEC at 19:47:43 I played hand number 980637660 Next day at 19:46:43 I played hand number 980995583 So almost a day later  bar one minute,  357,923 hands were played. I know it doesnt exactly answer your question, but thats the best I can do.
    Posted by mumsie
    Thank you mumsie. Also thankyou to Rob and Tikay for their responses.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: How many hands are played on sky each day? : Yes, true. The Business "strikes" that number at midnight, in the same way as a Balance Sheet is struck at Midnight on the last day of the month or whatever. If we all check it at a different time of day, we'd all get a slightly different number. But yes, any time will do, as long as the same time both days is used.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Stick to your guns teeks. For the question that was asked you were absolutely correct. If the question was in a 24hr period then Aussie's amendment is correct. That was of course the question DA meant to ask. 

Now if someone had asked is that a solar day or a sidereal day, well then we can start nitpicking.